5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sxm on demand

Tyler5370

Reaction score
Hey! I've been lurking here for a while, but have never actually joined in on the fun.. until now..
Just got a new 2020 Ram. They advertise sxm on demand content, but I've haven't been able to find it yet. They also advertised streaming, but every time I go under a bridge or something like that it cuts out. Are these not what I think it is? Any help finding these options would be wonderful!

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SemperGumby

Reaction score
The on demand only works on the app using your phone if I understood it. And as far as the streaming goes you have to give it long enough without signal and a button will show up saying "stream over internet" but I think it only shows up when you have the media full screen.

Tyler5370

Reaction score
The on demand only works on the app using your phone if I understood it. And as far as the streaming goes you have to give it long enough without signal and a button will show up saying "stream over internet" but I think it only shows up when you have the media full screen.
That stinks. Seems kind of backwards to me..

Appreciate the input tho

jakemyster84

Reaction score
Hey! I've been lurking here for a while, but have never actually joined in on the fun.. until now..
Just got a new 2020 Ram. They advertise sxm on demand content, but I've haven't been able to find it yet. They also advertised streaming, but every time I go under a bridge or something like that it cuts out. Are these not what I think it is? Any help finding these options would be wonderful!

Thank you!

I have been able to get on demand for SiriusXM through the truck radio. I have found that if you hit the related button on the media screen when listening to something if there is a countdown show for example from that station you can choose to play that. It will then stream that program as I can also do on the phone app. I listen to Octane or Alt Nation a lot and listen to both of their weekly countdowns this way. Nice thing too if you are streaming those countdowns and leave the truck half way through it should pick back up where you left off next time you get in.

jakemyster84

Reaction score

Thank you!

Oh another note, you said it cuts out under bridges sometimes. When it cuts out from a bridge or tall building or other things it is because the satellite signal is being blocked. Some stations are streamed over WiFi and those could also cut out but it would be because you loose cell service through the truck.

You can tell if it is satellite or streaming as there is an icon showing which type of station it is at the top of the SiriusXM screen below your presents, just above the album art. you can see the wifi icon at the beginning of this video when he first shows the radio.

Tyler5370

Reaction score
Oh another note, you said it cuts out under bridges sometimes. When it cuts out from a bridge or tall building or other things it is because the satellite signal is being blocked. Some stations are streamed over WiFi and those could also cut out but it would be because you loose cell service through the truck.

You can tell if it is satellite or streaming as there is an icon showing which type of station it is at the top of the SiriusXM screen below your presents, just above the album art. you can see the wifi icon at the beginning of this video when he first shows the radio.
Yooo this was exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find while searching!

To all those interested, watch the video..

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread