5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N0GL Software Update Thread

Bram2019

Reaction score
I got the same dealer USB update last year and I think that allowed me to get the most recent update on my '19 in late winter. My fear is uconnect does the mass OTA updates by region at any given time and if you didn't have the right software at that time, then you won't get it. It would help if they would just be transparent with how they do the OTAs and also allow complimentary USB downloads over the internet or allow the dealer service centers to update the software to the most recent 12" version.
So you are now at 34.2 Is that correct?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now my screen is going blank after turning my truck on and going into reverse. I was on a call today and it wouldn't come on at all even after hitting the power button. Only after my call ended and i hit the power button the screen came back on. UGH. This is worse than the issues i had before. Looks like it's back to the dealer.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now my screen is going blank after turning my truck on and going into reverse. I was on a call today and it wouldn't come on at all even after hitting the power button. Only after my call ended and i hit the power button the screen came back on. UGH. This is worse than the issues i had before. Looks like it's back to the dealer.
Yes, that was my same problem with that version. Hopefully know that you have the issue (make sure to video record it) bring it to the dealer and demand the most recent update. It's also a recall issue too.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that was my same problem with that version. Hopefully know that you have the issue (make sure to video record it) bring it to the dealer and demand the most recent update. It's also a recall issue too.

I already have a video of it happening but it happens every time i go from reverse to drive. I already setup an appointment for Tuesday. I am wondering if they're going to replace the whole radio because i would rather just have an update if that fixes it. Also why didn't they just put me on the latest version in the first place..lol.

Reactions: Jtr

gibbynd

Reaction score
I'm still on 18. something. Never have been prompted for an update. WIth that said, never had any problems either.

smashweights

Reaction score
Any updates on this stuff? I have N0GL and still way back. No issues though I can see other than forward park sometimes pops up for 1/4 second while I'm slowing down behind someone but not that close to them. IMG_20200714_164532.jpg

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Same boat as you. Still on 18.27.17. Not sure if we will ever get it.

hemiguy37

Reaction score
I had/have the same issue. This what I know as of know and what is happening for me. I called Ram Cares, they opened a case and assigned a senior tech to my case. Ram Cares was able to determine that the download did indeed happen to my truck, but it did not upgrade. They can use the uconnect connection to connect to the truck and check it out, this is a guess on my part.

THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM, my rep said they have been working with Panasonic on the issue and the backlog is because Panasonic hasn't figured out how to fix the issue. This is why the dealer, when they plug into the system, shows that the system is updated. End result, after about 3 weeks of back and forth. I am getting a new radio.

My suggestion is if you are having issues, FIRST - BE NICE, a little honey goes along way. Don't threaten to sue, etc. Then call ram cares, select the uconnect option and walk them through your issues. Don't start with "I didn't get upgraded." I wanted to do that too, instead request they open a star case as you understand you may have a known issue. After reviewing all the issues i was having, screen blacks out after backing up, no GPS signals and nav not useable, bluetooth switching back to phone during conversations, etc. and yes, one trip to the dealer. I finally am getting the radio replaced. tentative delivery date of 7/29.

I will update once it arrives and is installed. Good luck.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Ha. Nope. I am going to stick with Panasonic figures it out and one day I get the update.

mikeruoc

Reaction score
Wow. Great news. You might be the first that had that version that has gotten the OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread