5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 OEM running boards

jb1ram

Reaction score
Hi All, I just bought and installed a set of the Mopar matte black running boards on my 2020 Ram 1500 quad cab. I followed the directions for install exactly and torqued the bolts to 14ft lbs. when I step on them they have a bit more deflection than I expected. Just curious if anyone else has these that do the same? Thanks. 977825EB-BE01-4699-B763-EF1AD979D3D8.jpeg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi All, I just bought and installed a set of the Mopar matte black running boards on my 2020 Ram 1500 quad cab. I followed the directions for install exactly and torqued the bolts to 14ft lbs. when I step on them they have a bit more deflection than I expected. Just curious if anyone else has these that do the same? Thanks. View attachment 61058
I think someone on the forum had the same issue and added washers to firm up the steps.

Users who are viewing this thread