5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BIG payload surprise - 2020 Ram 1500 Limited

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well the towing capacity at 8k is disappointing, but the payload of 1000lbs, that looks to be a deal breaker.
Tongue weight of TT 600lbs, hitch 100lbs, me @ 190lbs, and we're left 100lbs before my wife or anything else is in the vehicle...

Guess i get to lose my *** trading in on a 4 month old Limited.... sigh...
I thought you had a payload of 1224? You said that a few posts up.

chrisnack

Reaction score
I thought you had a payload of 1224? You said that a few posts up.

pretty sure it came out at like 1064 when I had punched in the VIN. The MF tailgate must take a decent chunk out to as that picture about of 1300lbs is without MF.

I traded the truck in last week. So doesn’t matter much anymore for me. Bought a F250 6.7 Powerstoke King Ranch. No more concerns on towing capacity!

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it comes to payload on a half-ton it’s all about the options.

The sticker on my Longhorn is 1479. Very well equipped (see my signature for the options I ordered). Got everything I wanted and nothing I didn’t. Avoided most of the heavy options for the Longhorn trim except the 33gal fuel tank which I really wanted for towing.

The payload is is enough for what I tow and cargo/passengers. Truck is very comfortable, tows well.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
pretty sure it came out at like 1064 when I had punched in the VIN. The MF tailgate must take a decent chunk out to as that picture about of 1300lbs is without MF.

I traded the truck in last week. So doesn’t matter much anymore for me. Bought a F250 6.7 Powerstoke King Ranch. No more concerns on towing capacity!
Good on you man. I do love Super Duties. Always have.
Post pics of your new truck if you have them.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Laramie Long horn is heavier than a Limited?

I'm interested in seeing what the payload rating is for a similar Limited but without the E-Torque system, RamBox, and Multi function tailgate. Also, would the Off-Road package have an impact on the payload rating? I would probably opt out of the Off Road package and get the Trailer Tow package.
We don’t have any explanation for this, but when you take an identically-equipped Longhorn and Limited (both loaded), you get a Longhorn that weighs 75 lb more. It doesn’t make sense, but this is based on door stickers.

chrisnack

Reaction score
Good on you man. I do love Super Duties. Always have.
Post pics of your new truck if you have them.

Thanks, due to some unfortunate circumstances, i've put about 2500 miles on the F250 already and towed a ton. There is no comparison in towing between the half-tons.

I bet the RAM 2500 tows well too. My brother actually as a 2500 RAM, with the 5.7 and they tow horses with it. I was shocked with the 5.7, but way different gearing obviously.

Here's a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1905.jpeg
    IMG_1905.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1906.jpeg
    IMG_1906.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 58

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks, due to some unfortunate circumstances, i've put about 2500 miles on the F250 already and towed a ton. There is no comparison in towing between the half-tons.

I bet the RAM 2500 tows well too. My brother actually as a 2500 RAM, with the 5.7 and they tow horses with it. I was shocked with the 5.7, but way different gearing obviously.

Here's a couple pics.
Man that’s gorgeous. Love that color combination.
Congrats again.

Users who are viewing this thread