5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 F-150 - Anyone else going to watch this tonight?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Right now RAM is the king of the hill, and the reason I drive one, but can't wait to see what Ford will come up with.
Competition is a great thing. Hope they bring it. It will benefit every truck owner no matter which brand you love most.

Cheers,
Neurobit

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i'll for sure be watching, thanks for posting this link. did you see RAM's teaser for the TRX today? things are gettin hot and heavy in the truck market!

Definitely not planning on trading my ram in on a ford though lol

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
i'll for sure be watching, thanks for posting this link. did you see RAM's teaser for the TRX today? things are gettin hot and heavy in the truck market!

Definitely not planning on trading my ram in on a ford though lol
Yeah, too bad all I could see was a plume of dirt :)

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so a few unique features like the built in generator are nice. But it looks like in several ways they are still playing catch up to the Ram. Besides, I can’t wait to see all the growing pains with the enhancements. My Limited is safe from being traded in on a ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Meet The All-New 2021 Ford F-150 Lineup:
New From The Ground Up...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Exterior looks like a refresh, not a redesign, but considering the major change in 2015, it makes sense. What interesting is the interior, fold flat seats for sleeping, fold down shifter, that tailgate work station, hands free driving and especially the hybrid system.

They added quite a few little things to this truck that I find interesting and rather innovative, TFL truck has a pretty good video going over them.

Wished they went a little bit more adventurous with the exterior.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Very nice interior. I’d like to see more of it. Like the landscape 12” screen better than the RAM’s portrait style. Also, sync4 looks dope. Full screen backup camera and digital gauge cluster looks killer.

Exterior is meh (except the limited, which looks nicer than the other trims).
I actually still like the 2020 (current) F150 exterior way better.
RAM has the best exterior period.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here are hi-res pics.

Really digging the new interiors. Love the leather stitching on the dash, seats, and the killer lockable storage under the rear seat. Fold-flat seats are also very cool:

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the front seats in my Limited seem to go flat (or very near it) as well if I recline all the way? I’ve napped in my seat before doing just that.

Interior got the much needed upgrade, but I’m betting RAM still edges it out. Exterior of the new F-150 is meh... basically another refresh. I’d like to see a bit more about what the hybrid system can do. Would’ve preferred that in my truck (presumably it’ll be more useful) over eTorque. The advanced driving aid sounds nice too. I miss autopilot from my Tesla - the lane departure assist in these RAMs is trash.

I’ve only watched the KBB video so far - any details on suspension/ride quality? RAM seems to have blown the competition out in that area so far.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the front seats in my Limited seem to go flat (or very near it) as well if I recline all the way? I’ve napped in my seat before doing just that.

Interior got the much needed upgrade, but I’m betting RAM still edges it out. Exterior of the new F-150 is meh... basically another refresh. I’d like to see a bit more about what the hybrid system can do. Would’ve preferred that in my truck (presumably it’ll be more useful) over eTorque. The advanced driving aid sounds nice too. I miss autopilot from my Tesla - the lane departure assist in these RAMs is trash.

I’ve only watched the KBB video so far - any details on suspension/ride quality? RAM seems to have blown the competition out in that area so far.
Agreed. I doubt any F-series can beat the air ride of my Limited.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so a few unique features like the built in generator are nice. But it looks like in several ways they are still playing catch up to the Ram. Besides, I can’t wait to see all the growing pains with the enhancements. My Limited is safe from being traded in on a ford.

Ditto. The tech is great, including the onboard power. The screen looks awesome but might be hard to reach. The styling changes are definitely evolutionary, but tasteful.

Chuck19

Reaction score
All they did was introduce the first factory spec $100,000 truck! Plus the exterior redesign is a very boring and not daring at all IMO! Very disappointing unveiling overall and This is coming from someone who has owned all fords until just a few months ago when I bought my Ram.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They could have gone with a composite bed considering all the new bells and whistles that are in the bed and tailgate. But no, let’s use recycled Schlitz cans for the bed.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
They could have gone with a composite bed considering all the new bells and whistles that are in the bed and tailgate. But no, let’s use recycled Schlitz cans for the bed.

The tailgates in our RAMs are aluminum as well btw... ;)
Wish the whole truck was. Would raise the payload capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread