5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ny2az

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a dumb question ... I have a 2020 Ram Limited and would like to join the Hellwig (Rear) Sway Bar Club. Do I also need the Hellwig Adjustable End Links (P/N = 7961) for my model/trim? Or simply order the Rear Sway Bar (P/N = 7709)?
THANKS in advance!

just the #7709 ... stock truck only requires the basic hellwig with stock end links used ... if lifted or lowered ... you would then require a set of adjustable links to maintain a level sway bar...

Last edited:

Skater

Reaction score
New video up on my channel walking through the installation of the Roadmaster Sway Bar.

Out of curiosity I also weighed the factory bar and the Roadmaster kit. Any guesses as to how much more the Roadmaster bar weighed?

I have no guess at the weight differential, but one question. Given the large Hellwig contingency in this forum, what made you choose the Roadmaster over the praises of Hellwig?

BTW, great install video and information. Thank you. When I get to installing a sway bar, I will be reviewing your video again.

RickWaz

Reaction score
just the #7709 ... stock truck only requires the basic hellwig with stock end links used ... if lifted or lowered ... you would then require a set of adjustable links to maintain a level sway bar...
THANKS so much ny2az! I'll be placing an order today. Take care and be safe.

djm11778

Reaction score
No body can park by me then.
bb9727ab4d2e73b9677469f16b361a6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 59378 View attachment 59379

Finally got my front bumper plugs put in, as well as the rear license plate cover put on. Running boards should be here next week.
Plugs clean up the front well. Watch with the rear plate cover, some peeps on here had plate frames from the dealership and it was rubbing the tailgate when it was fully open (not much clearance) and scratching the paint off the tailgate, just something to check.

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New video up on my channel walking through the installation of the Roadmaster Sway Bar.

Out of curiosity I also weighed the factory bar and the Roadmaster kit. Any guesses as to how much more the Roadmaster bar weighed?

Ummmm 23lbs?? Just kidding 14lbs ;)

Great video.

Last edited:

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Added blue led accent lights behind the grill. Wired to the fuse box to come on any time the truck is running.
That looks great! I'm trying to do something similar. What fuse did you use and how did you run the wires to avoid the active grill shudders?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no guess at the weight differential, but one question. Given the large Hellwig contingency in this forum, what made you choose the Roadmaster over the praises of Hellwig?

BTW, great install video and information. Thank you. When I get to installing a sway bar, I will be reviewing your video again.

Thanks! I’ve heard great things about Roadmaster sway bars in the RV groups and I like to try out new brands so figured this was a good opportunity.

Also, my channel is at the cusp of breaking 1,000 subs. There’s not much in the way of Roadmaster reviews so figured pioneering it might help put me over the 1k threshold.

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate the views and hope my videos help!

Users who are viewing this thread