5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WAZE Temporarily breaks driver speaker

Lombana

Reaction score
I've noticed an odd trend as of late, when driving with WAZE and an alert comes in, at times (with no predictability) the driver speaker will give the WAZE alert but not come back, so of the 19 or so speakers in the truck, the one directly in front of me is muted after the WAZE message.

I instinctively reached for the volume and noticed that it was (for lack of a better term), frozen on the WAZE volume setting, and won't recover back to the radio volume. The only way to get it back is to hope there is another WAZE update which does seem to make it recover or disconnect the phone at which point there is a 50/50 chance that you get recovery. I know that I got an update sometime in May but since I just got the truck in April, not sure if that update broke it or if this was already an issue. Wondering if this is something that anyone else is seeing.

hemiguy37

Reaction score
It is a common complaint for me. I think it has to do with Android Auto and not WAZE, at least for me. And it is not limited to WAZE as it has happened with Google Maps as well. It's almost like AA doesn't let go of the speaker because it thinks it has another announcement or its a programming glitch.

I forced it by touching the directions and making it repeat the last direction. Curious, are you using an android or apple phone?

jakemyster84

Reaction score
had this happen to me tonight for the first time. actually happened right after i picked up from the dealership for sunroof issues and the radio recall. Thought something else got F'd up. kinda nice to know its not just me. I fixed by unplugging my phone and then plugging back in.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It might be a Waze thing because mine lately has been doing this weird thing where it pauses the music out of the driver speaker and then a second or so later it gives the prompt and after that it’s fine and just lowers the music volume in the driver speaker on my base system with CarPlay.

Reaction score
/de-lurk

Allo!
I experience this as well. My solution is to tap the voice interaction button to get the vehicles audio to take priority, then tap again to cancel. It is the failure of the vehicle to get audio priority back.... basically the vehicle is still expecting the phone to be providing some type (nav, etc) audio overlay. Normal operation, the phone audio is temporarily ducked (funny word) into the existing audio stream, returning when done... The when done part seems to fail sometimes. The two basic choices are to provide phone audio again and see if the ducking works properly or to have vehicle take the high priority position (and the voice command is very high priority).
WL

\re-lurk

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last couples version from Waze, i will get couple alert back to back for same upcoming red/speed camera.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine used to be like this, but for the last several months it has worked w/o issues.
Even with wireless CarPlay, I get police alerts, etc. every time. Love this, specially since it works even when Waze is running in the background.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up all old post. This happened to me twice today. What I do to get rid of it is turn the radio off and back on. That seems to clear it and the normal sound comes back.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

reb0957

Reaction score
When this happens to me, I press the google microphone button twice and everything goes back to normal. If you try moving the volume you will notice the icon is still on the AA icon and not speaker volume.

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
Happened to me on my way home, I changed the sirius xm station right as waze was playing the speed limit warning tone. Driver side speaker went out, I restarted the radio and it fixed itself

Users who are viewing this thread