5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outside Temperature inaccuracy

Blueline308

Reaction score
Has anyone who has had an inaccurate outside temperature reading been able to get it working correctly?

If so, what did the dealership do to correct it?

Thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine is off by a couple of deg I believe. More than anything, I wish it updated faster. Takes a really long time...

Blueline308

Reaction score
Mine is off by a couple of deg I believe. More than anything, I wish it updated faster. Takes a really long time...
Mine is off 10 - 15 degrees most of the time. Sometimes it's spot on. Service tech said air must be flowing over it for it to adjust. I call ******** on that.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I use Android auto and after the recent update you can now have the temperature displayed at the top of the screen. I just use that now since the factory one is usually off a couple degrees and is slow to adjust like others have said.

Blueline308

Reaction score
Yeah but the automatic climate controls rely on the outside temperature during remote start. Bottom line is that something this simple should just work.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah but the automatic climate controls rely on the outside temperature during remote start. Bottom line is that something this simple should just work.
Mine is off by as much as 10 degrees on some occasions.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Service tech said air must be flowing over it for it to adjust. I call ******** on that.
Ya, that's definitely wrong!

It's shocking how little these Ram tech know about the products they're supposed to be able to service. @RamCares & FCA should really be working with the dealers to get their techs trained and certified on these platforms.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya, that's definitely wrong!

It's shocking how little these Ram tech know about the products they're supposed to be able to service. @RamCares & FCA should really be working with the dealers to get their techs trained and certified on these platforms.

The ones selling them aren’t much better either, most don’t have a clue about the products they’re selling but that’s pretty much true for most sales people.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
In the summer the temp always showed 10-15 degrees hotter at start up and at least 5-10 hotter while driving. Now that its colder out the temp shows 5-10 degrees colder at start up, but closer while driving. I notice after a carwash the temp will drop as much as 20 degrees. Overall it's been way off, maybe the sensors are touching some metal or something that retains heat/cold.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
In the summer the temp always showed 10-15 degrees hotter at start up and at least 5-10 hotter while driving. Now that its colder out the temp shows 5-10 degrees colder at start up, but closer while driving. I notice after a carwash the temp will drop as much as 20 degrees. Overall it's been way off, maybe the sensors are touching some metal or something that retains heat/cold.
There is *NO* excuse for this. You can buy a very accurate digital thermometer for less than $5 online.

V8Spock

Reaction score
Since the ambient temp sensor is in the drivers side mirror housing, I always consider the reading to be the temperature of the door (not the outside air).

i.e. hey look, the door is 35 degrees today!

ambtempsens.jpg

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is currently stuck at 31 which sucks because it's 60 and turning on my seat heat. Nothing like having seat heat on and it being 60 outside. Any fix for this?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here is another post dealing with the same stuff.

Mike from PA

Reaction score
My 2019 is off like 10 degrees. My last 2011 Ram was always right on the money. Actually every vehicle I ever owned was correct. Crazy a $70k vehicle get have the correct outside temperature.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 is off like 10 degrees. My last 2011 Ram was always right on the money. Actually every vehicle I ever owned was correct. Crazy a $70k vehicle get have the correct outside temperature.
Mine is always at least 5 to 10 degrees off. I don’t get it. Only vehicle I’ve ever owned that was off by more than a degree.

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
today, around 2pm was 93* actual, and my big horn read it at 99*. I hope there is a fix.

Users who are viewing this thread