5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t. I don’t really see anything on the update list of value. If they had mentioned anything about bug fixes I’d probably load it just to be up to date, but otherwise I’ll probably sit this one out and let you guys guinea pig it :)
0ef5070b59be018917fa8c6411fde4bc.jpg

RamTrucks

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat and haven’t done the firmware update yet either. Don’t see any major additions and 18.0.3 is working fine right now.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
18.0.3 I can't even activate the main menu. Might try this 18.0.4 tomorrow as I have the downgrade upgrade process down to a science now.

Majnoon

Reaction score
I
I did get a 2nd reply from ZAUTO support today regarding my bluescreen and cruise control failure ..

"Sounds good. Keep us posted .. " ..

Ummm .. ?
I was asking why my camera went blue and why my cruise control showed all these errors ..
I removed the TAZERDT and I had to forcefully reflash my vehicle using wiTECH at work just to get everything back online (the camera was still blue but at least everything else was back - then when I pulled into my driveway after work, the camera system also came back).
I was going to try to put the TAZER back in tomorrow, but they asked me if I could work a few hours just in case they had a rush of customers .. so yeah .. I'll take the TAZER with me and park my rig in a bay and see if the issues duplicate :)

Ya'll have a great holiday weekend if you are lucky to have it off!

(I also plan on installing my Rough Country Dual 6" LED Grille Kit)
Tim N
I figured out the 12” camera blue screen. I just got a Tazer. Samantha of Z automotive, mentioned in here was awesome in communication when I had a problem. But she as well as I were stumped. She referred me to contact tech but I figured it out.
I have a 12” screen Limited with surround cameras. When I got the tazer, I went through the menu selecting all the goodies I wanted.

I wish I instead went through and wrote my factory settings first.

I’d also recommend changing one thing at a time after my experience. Then you will know exactly what is doing what you want or in my case didn’t. A blue screen.
On a 12” with surround cameras under “Radio” “En Cam” needs to be off. If you turn this on after a few start sleep modes your cameras will blue screen. Seems weird. You have cameras and want them enabled. But make sure it’s off.
I figured this out by unmarriying the tazer. And removed it. After a few run/sleep cycles back to stock, my cameras finally came back. Afterwards I figured, “I know how to get them back. Remarry the tazer.” When I did this I was very adapt at the screens and changes after trying forever to fix it. I noticed with my cameras working under “Radio” ignition off cruise on screen. “En cam” was off. I’ll include a picture of the setting and what it needs to look like for your cameras to work.
My first post. Learned a lot reading in this forum in the months since I got my 2020. Take care and I hope this helps.

Attachments

• E647D922-2DD2-45E0-80D9-3D7827AEB426.jpeg
    E647D922-2DD2-45E0-80D9-3D7827AEB426.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a 12” with surround cameras under “Radio” “En Cam” needs to be off. If you turn this on after a few start sleep modes your cameras will blue screen. Seems weird. You have cameras and want them enabled. But make sure it’s off.

Does the same with the 8.4" as well .. same issue I had last year when I got mine :(

Majnoon

Reaction score
So anyone install 18.0.4 yet?
I installed it. Just got it a couple days ago and updated it before I installed it. So far everything works great. Just make sure En Cam is off if you have stock cams like my post above. I have my fog lights stay on with brights. My wife typed in my gps while driving. Set seatbelt not to beep. (Not sure if that works. Just wanted it because I always where it unless I’m moving around to hook up a trailer or something slow around a campsite. Then it gets annoying hearing the beep) haven’t tried it yet. I rolled down my windows with my key fob. That’s all I wanted it for and it all works fine with the update. UPDATE: I restarted my I phone. It was the culprit. Siri works great now. I have zero problems with the Tazer. Anyone else that has any kind of phone issues may want to turn there phone off and on. I rarely turn mine off. Seems it needs a reboot occasionally.

Last edited:

sirbojangles

Reaction score
Mine worked fine for about 6-7 months. Now it won't go to sleep and drains the battery constantly. Tested this yesterday and it is still doing it. Unplugged it and put it in the glove box... sucks because I really liked the auto mirror fold, being able to input addresses into the Nav, and being able to leave my 360 cameras on without them timing out.
I think there is a conflict between the Tazer and the new updated software for the truck which doesn't let the Tazer go to sleep anymore. Maybe Z Automotive will come up with a fix in a 18.0.4 version.
Maybe you could help me figure this out. I recenely got the tazor and the first two nights after sitting and starting up in the am the truck had a hard time starting. I do have a dash cam thats hard wired and when in sleep mode the camera comes on from motion. I uplugged the dash cam and problem solved. So i unmarried the truck disconnected the dash cam remarried the truck with it plugged in and it did it again. Im wondering if its the dash cam having issues with the tazor. Never had an issue with the battery before the tazor. Which leaves me with disabling the parking feature on the dash cam or get the battery pack which only gets charged when the trucks running.;

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well I made the jump to 18.0.4 and it fixed a LOT of the problems my truck had. 18.0.3 wouldn't even activate the menus. 18.0.1 worked well. 18.0.4 added some new things and is much faster going through menus. there's some new functions and changes stick better. Doesn't seem to need the reboot power off reboot dance.

cbill

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you change the speed as to when the locker disengages and when the truck lowers out of off road 2. Right now it's at 25 mph which is to slow.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you change the speed as to when the locker disengages and when the truck lowers out of off road 2. Right now it's at 25 mph which is to slow.

*offroad use only - possible solution -

I think I posted a possible solution for that was to trick the comp (while offroad) to believe your wheels are enormous (not sure what the max ratio is), but if you figure what your current ratio is vs speed and calculate what your ideal offroad speed would be before it reports 25+ and auto lowers / releases locker...

that said, FCA likely has that setting so that while offroad, you don't over-stress your air suspension on a bump/jump or your locker in a turn

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
alphaodb somewhere has a setting for how many seconds it wait before complaining. the drop down only goes to 7.5 BUT you can type in any number say 500 and it takes it.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I got my DT taser yesterday and downloaded the newest version which is 18 .0.5 , Does anyone know how to activate the automatic folding mirrors? I saw mirrors in the program but I do not remember seeing automatic folding!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my DT taser yesterday and downloaded the newest version which is 18 .0.5 , Does anyone know how to activate the automatic folding mirrors? I saw mirrors in the program but I do not remember seeing automatic folding!
I haven't used latest but most likely inside mirror menu, when you get mirror, press left arrow/resume, then you should be able to scroll through mirror menu by pressing left arrow & cancel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got rid of mine a while back, but I would think the option is still there. That was my favorite feature.

Bearman95

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but I figured it out. The motor has to be running with ignition in park. Then you hold down the left arrow and hit cancel until you come to auto fold mirrors, then left arrow down and press down on cruise on/off. This version works a lot different than the other versions, different keystrokes. This is the first one I’ve had for my DT Ram , I had one in my JL wrangler and this one works similar to it as far as the keystrokes.

CumpsD

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this tool. Could any of you owners tell me if it allows to set the Forward Collision Warning settings?

Mine keeps getting reset to Alarm + Brake, and I have to manually set it to Warning only everytime I start the engine.

If the Tazer DT can do this, that would be awesome (along with all the other options ofcourse)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I stumbled upon this tool. Could any of you owners tell me if it allows to set the Forward Collision Warning settings?

Mine keeps getting reset to Alarm + Brake, and I have to manually set it to Warning only everytime I start the engine.

If the Tazer DT can do this, that would be awesome (along with all the other options ofcourse)
It does not

Users who are viewing this thread