5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windshield Tint Advisory

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You definitely need to post that shop as he would end up getting tons of business. :)

768mph

Reaction score
Funny this thread came about. Ill share my experience.

I had all of my windows tinted, windshield included, at a very reputable shop.

As soon as they backed out, and turned the corner. truck shut off. Died, no power. Bricked.

They unplugged the battery, let is sit for 30 min. All was good. They read about other shops having this issue.

I ensured they put notes in the system and on my receipt, “water from tint caused Truck to shut off”

Havent had any issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you tint the B-Pillar with high gloss tint? How do you have night package with high gloss trim? I want that too. Thanks
Judging from the chrome grille and bumper I would say he doesn’t have a night edition truck just has black badging and night edition wheels

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Did you tint the B-Pillar with high gloss tint? How do you have night package with high gloss trim? I want that too. Thanks
I did not. No night package, that’s factory.

Cheers,

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Paid someone to install mine. 35% complete windshield. 5% all other windows(sides and back)
0 issues.

275682766_649366926134133_5230726268954790876_n(1).jpg

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live near the St. Louis area & called around for full windshield tint as well. Different shops said everything that was discussed in this thread - either they won’t do it due to liability/have you sign a waiver/or say we do them all the time & never have issues. Premier Tint in Manchester is who I have used for both of my last 5th gen Rams as well as the Silverado I had prior to switching and they have done the best, honest, & most consistent work on all of our vehicles we’ve had in the past.

I went 50% on the front with my last 3 trucks & no issues with visibility at night but that’s subjective to individual eyesight. Going from the Laramie to the Limited headlights has helped improve night visibility as well.

Ramnado

Reaction score
A great tint shop here in Tampa Bay Area did my windshield and took all the necessary precautions and I had no issue at all with any electronics but he wouldn’t tint my Pano roof
Elliss you remember who that tint guy was? I’m in the TB area and don’t want a fried ram.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread