5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s list who’s on BDS lifts and wheel / tire combo.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How are you guys running the Fox coilovers liking them? I have the 4in BDS with stock struts in front and Fox shocks in rear. I'm contemplating either throwing in the 5100's in the front or the Fox coilovers (part# 983-02-050). The front just seems a little bit too soft with the stock set up - looking for feedback to justify the $$ for coilovers.

Also have any of you plasti-dipped the tops rear coils to quiet them down? I've ran over the rear twice and honestly think that these progressive coils make noise when you go over large bumps and have talked to a shop that has done this. Happy with the lift it was just quieter running leaf springs on the older gens. .

Too.Many.Tacos love those lights in hood- what are they?

too.many.tacos

Reaction score
How are you guys running the Fox coilovers liking them? I have the 4in BDS with stock struts in front and Fox shocks in rear. I'm contemplating either throwing in the 5100's in the front or the Fox coilovers (part# 983-02-050). The front just seems a little bit too soft with the stock set up - looking for feedback to justify the $$ for coilovers.

Also have any of you plasti-dipped the tops rear coils to quiet them down? I've ran over the rear twice and honestly think that these progressive coils make noise when you go over large bumps and have talked to a shop that has done this. Happy with the lift it was just quieter running leaf springs on the older gens. .

Too.Many.Tacos love those lights in hood- what are they?

Baja Designs - XL Sport

Fox was 10x upgrade over 6” RC lift with OEM shocks/spacers IMO. Soft as butter but not bouncy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckguy

Reaction score
Inspired. So I ordered BDS 4” with rear Fox, Fuel Rebel 20x9 with +1 offset in anthracite, and Falken Wildpeaks 35x12.5. Now waiting on parts. Will post pics when done.

In the meantime, any tips, tricks, or suggestions?
Been looking at those wheels so I can’t wait to see your pics

RHINO60

Reaction score
Question for those with the 6” BDS coilover lift...how close to level does your truck sit? Does anyone have measurements from center of wheel to top of wheel well?

All the trucks in this thread look great, can’t wait to lift mine!!

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bump for those to add their BDS lifter photos and info to this. :)

bwolfe84

Reaction score
While reading up on the 4" vs 6" lift, I get lost in the numbers. I want to put 35x12.5x20 wheels on my truck but I don't know if I have the right space. I don't really want the 6" lift but the back spacing on the wheels I like are 4.75" and the 4" kit says it needs at least 5".

Any 4" guys having any rubbing with their same tire setup? Anybody using wheel spacers?

Thanks ahead of time.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While reading up on the 4" vs 6" lift, I get lost in the numbers. I want to put 35x12.5x20 wheels on my truck but I don't know if I have the right space. I don't really want the 6" lift but the back spacing on the wheels I like are 4.75" and the 4" kit says it needs at least 5".

Any 4" guys having any rubbing with their same tire setup? Anybody using wheel spacers?

Thanks ahead of time.
It needs 5” or less of backspacing. If your wheels are 4.75” backspacing they will fit just fine.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^^. Yes so you can go with those wheels and feel free to post when installed.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone put Fox coilovers in the front yet? I'm thinking about getting rid of the stock strut set up and switching to these.

I think the 2.0s might actually be softer feeling than stock honestly.! And keep in mind that they only provide up to 2” of lift so you’d still have to run a 2”-3” spacer up front. I say up to a 3” spacer because my 4” lift gained me 4.75” up front actually. King will make custom length 2.5 coilovers for our trucks but they’re pricey. The front is $1820 & the rear would be $900-1200. I’m sure the BDS Fox coilovers for the 6” lift would fit fine on our 4” lift trucks if you adjust the spring preload, and those are $2k for the front! Unfortunately neither company will make custom length 2.0” coilovers for our trucks, I’ve tried :/

bwolfe84

Reaction score
^^^^. Yes so you can go with those wheels and feel free to post when installed.

What did you do for the front shocks? I mean, I know you replaced them according to your signature but with a 4" lift, what did you replaced them with?

Has any 4" lifts NOT replaced the front shocks and only replaced the rear? How does it ride?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I originally had a Mopar 2” lift on there, kept the Fox shocks that came with that on the front. Then when I ordered my BDS kit, I added the rear Fox shocks. So now I’m Fox shocks all around on this.

Users who are viewing this thread