5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Looking at the same dealers. Have you tried Jim Butler in Linn Mo?
I have not. Just checked their site and they have slim pickings as far as Laramies are concerned. For some reason I've never seen one of their trucks pop up when searching from cars.com. thanks for the suggestion!

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
2020 Ram Laramie, level 1, sport package with sport hood, 4x4, 5.7 non e-torque, sunroof, wheel liners, brake controller, all weather floor mats, spray in bed liner, 3.21 gears or 3.92 (either is fine). Prefer maximum steel metallic, but would be good with grey or delmonico red. Brake controller, wheel liners, floor mats or spray in bedliner are not mandatory as i can add at a later time.
Forgot to add, 5'7 bed vice 6'4.

robia06

Reaction score
I have not. Just checked their site and they have slim pickings as far as Laramies are concerned. For some reason I've never seen one of their trucks pop up when searching from cars.com. thanks for the suggestion!
Their stock went fast. They are a volume dealer.

Kaag

Reaction score
2020 Ram Laramie, level 1, sport package with sport hood, 4x4, 5.7 non e-torque, sunroof, wheel liners, brake controller, all weather floor mats, spray in bed liner, 3.21 gears or 3.92 (either is fine). Prefer maximum steel metallic, but would be good with grey or delmonico red. Brake controller, wheel liners, floor mats or spray in bedliner are not mandatory as i can add at a later time.
Not sure if they have what you’re looking for, but Fields CJDR in Glenview, IL has been good to work with. Great prices usually.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep, Jim Butler.

I have a contact there if you want one, ge was great to work with. They can bring in any vehicle from another dealer for you, and in my experience they’ll beat the price pretty handily.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Yep, Jim Butler.

I have a contact there if you want one, ge was great to work with. They can bring in any vehicle from another dealer for you, and in my experience they’ll beat the price pretty handily.
I'll gladly take you up on it. Can you message me the info? Very much appreciated

Optimus prime

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time posted here!

I am in the Northwest and working on the following deal:

2019 Laramie Diamond Black that includes the following options:
- V8 Hemi
- Laramie level 2
- 12 inch screen
- advanced safety group
- chrome appearance package
- wheel to wheel side steps
- pano roofs
- trailer tow group
-3.92 axle ratio
- leather seat package

MSRP is 66k CAD (which was 80k last year) and got the price down to 57500 CAD after negotiations.

thoughts on the deal to this very excited Canadian (hopefully soon to be Ram owner).
Well over 25% so I would consider this a very good deal!

Gitter

Reaction score
First dealer I spoke with (local in southern Illinois) wouldn't really budge on price but offered to give me more on trade. They seemed transparent with their numbers but again said they couldn't go any lower. Next dealer I spoke to was Laura Ram in Sullivan MO and the price of their truck was very good (they are volume sellers) but low balled me on trade. Dealer I spoke with today (South County Ram in St Louis MO), flat out told me no budging on price. I've yet to see their offer for trade. I'm hoping to get my ducks in a row so I can pull the trigger on June. If anyone has suggestions for dealers in Illinois/Missouri, I'm all ears!

I'm still lurking in the STL area as well. Another member had a really good experience with South County Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM a few months ago. From what he told me, although they weren't the cheapest, they were very easy and transparent with everything. No add-ons or mark-ups. He only had to sit through 3 mins for an up-sell on an extended warranty which was easily declined. He didn't mention a trade-in tho.

Has anyone worked with Sam Leman dealer that looks like a volume dealer north of Springfield, IL (in Morton, IL)? They have a couple trucks that I'm looking at that I would consider travelling there if they are worth dealing with.

Jtholla

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in Albuquerque NM. Anyone delt with anyone in the southwest area that they have had good luck with?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Just received an e-mail from a local dealer.
Subject : "Early Access - Historic low prices"
Inside the e-mail it reads : "Factories are up and running! All models must go to make room for the new ones."

I checked their web site and prices are historically...average. :sneaky:

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I'm still lurking in the STL area as well. Another member had a really good experience with South County Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM a few months ago. From what he told me, although they weren't the cheapest, they were very easy and transparent with everythi upng. No add-ons or mark-ups. He only had to sit through 3 mins for an up-sell on an extended warranty which was easily declined. He didn't mention a trade-in tho.

Has anyone worked with Sam Leman dealer that looks like a volume dealer north of Springfield, IL (in Morton, IL)? They have a couple trucks that I'm looking at that I would consider travelling there if they are worth dealing with.
Guy I'm talking to from south county Ram was very transparent, but he's gotten on my nerves as well. I'm waiting for some additional information, which I was promised yesterday, but instead after having to ask him status was told he was SO busy he sold 18 vehicles! Don't know if it was true or fluff but his word hasn't been worth much thus far. He also fed me a line that incentives will never be this good again and kept referencing financing, which doesn't do much for me as I prefer to have a lower priced truck/more money off. As most of the folks that follow this thread know, incentives have been poor this month and last June was historically good. It was his opinion they would get worse next month, presumably to try to get me to pull the trigger now which I perceive as a little pressure, though south county claims no pressure lol.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Guy I'm talking to from south county Ram was very transparent, but he's gotten on my nerves as well. I'm waiting for some additional information, which I was promised yesterday, but instead after having to ask him status was told he was SO busy he sold 18 vehicles! Don't know if it was true or fluff but his word hasn't been worth much thus far. He also fed me a line that incentives will never be this good again and kept referencing financing, which doesn't do much for me as I prefer to have a lower priced truck/more money off. As most of the folks that follow this thread know, incentives have been poor this month and last June was historically good. It was his opinion they would get worse next month, presumably to try to get me to pull the trigger now which I perceive as a little pressure, though south county claims no pressure lol.

Sales Tactics 101...buy now! I think we were all surprised by how poor the rebates were this month in that they went down on avg. about $3K from last month and they took 0% for 84 mo away and replaced it with 0% for 72mo despite the fact that GM continued 0% for 84 mo on all 2019/2020s through June 1st and Ford started 0% for 84mo on 2019 F-150s. This past Monday, FCA added the 0.9% for 84mo likely due to the fact that in the first third of the month of May their sales were even worse. GM already passed them for 1st QTR sales as they are 1, Ford 2 and FCA 3 so it was interesting that FCA has the worse rebates/financing. That said, with factories opening up Monday, I think we'll see a different situation regarding incentives as dealers will be more motivated to move product vs. trying to hold onto the low inventory they have trying to make a premium.

ramfanatic

Reaction score
Inside the e-mail it reads : "Factories are up and running! All models must go to make room for the new ones."

Factories are NOT up and running. Tentative start date for the Big Three automakers is Monday, but I don't think the UAW has signed off on that yet. Hopefully soon. Supply is dwindling and don't think there will be any big incentives until there is excess inventory.

Gitter

Reaction score
Sales Tactics 101...buy now! I think we were all surprised by how poor the rebates were this month in that they went down on avg. about $3K from last month and they took 0% for 84 mo away and replaced it with 0% for 72mo despite the fact that GM continued 0% for 84 mo on all 2019/2020s through June 1st and Ford started 0% for 84mo on 2019 F-150s. This past Monday, FCA added the 0.9% for 84mo likely due to the fact that in the first third of the month of May their sales were even worse. GM already passed them for 1st QTR sales as they are 1, Ford 2 and FCA 3 so it was interesting that FCA has the worse rebates/financing. That said, with factories opening up Monday, I think we'll see a different situation regarding incentives as dealers will be more motivated to move product vs. trying to hold onto the low inventory they have trying to make a premium.

I hope that June will be another historic month for Ram incentives, like last year. Although the situation is completely different than last year, there are some good reason for them to do so this year...especially now that the factories are starting up. Of course the biggest motivator for RAM should be that they fell back to #3 and they weren't even close to Chevy or Ford. The other thing we have going is that June is when they start working to clean out current inventory in preparation for the new model years (and a brand new TRX?) this fall. So no more sales tactics saying that "supply is drying up and we don't know when we'll get more".

Also, the used car market is flooding now and it's going to hurt all manufacturers this year (more so than in previous years). When people lost their jobs, they sold extra vehicles they weren't using or they sold vehicles they couldn't make payments on and weren't using anymore. So why buy new when you can buy a year old truck for a lot less? But the biggest glut is from the rental car companies who were hit hard when this all started. Supposedly they are selling whole fleets of used vehicles to stay afloat. I think this would hit the car market more than the truck market, but I guess we'll see.

Analysts say that once restrictions are eased, people will begin spending again and that makes sense. But with more used vehicle options and the fact that sales have been decent for trucks (compared to cars over the past few months) I would imagine that trucks will not see the huge surge like other sectors will. Hopefully Ram/Ford/Chevy/etc all realize this and they keep they ramp up the summer incentives! :D

Thraxdown

Reaction score

Is there a way to check how much inventory is being moved in your area or is that a closely guarded industry secret? I remember back when true car was true car you could see what sold and for how much but it doesn't give that info anymore. Curious if there's something like that still available so you can see the data for yourself

Users who are viewing this thread