5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I get some thoughts/impressions on tires?

Bink

Reaction score
I am looking for an all-terrain tire to replace my stock Duelers (1,000 miles on truck). I live in ND so we get the extreme of extreme weather...and our winters are brutal to say the least. Reasons for AT tire are looks (I like the aggressive sidewalls) and better winter performance (snow and ice). I do not want to swap sets for winter/summer.
We have a dealer that sells Delta tires. Nobody seems to know anything about Delta and I can’t find anything on the internet about them. They have two models that look very nice and seem like they would perform well.
If you are a tire person would you please give me some honest feedback and which might be better for my situation? These are priced under $150/tire.
-Delta Wild Trail All Terrain XT
-Delta Trailcutter AT4

I always appreciate the help/advice, thanks!

Bink

Reaction score
First pic is the Wild Trail
Second pic is the Trailcutter

Attachments

• A3DECFB4-3794-4A00-BE54-A0E060F1E2A3.jpeg
    A3DECFB4-3794-4A00-BE54-A0E060F1E2A3.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 9F0D80BA-5798-42D1-8992-4EED3C748714.jpeg
    9F0D80BA-5798-42D1-8992-4EED3C748714.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 48

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Falken Wildpeak AT3W is an excellent tire. I traded for this current truck and had to give them the tires to get the trade value I wanted. Only two months old, but looked great in the truck. Never got to use them in snow, but they are highly rated in all conditions for a sub $200 tire and I really like the way they look. Sorry it's not Ram, but here is those tires on my previous F-150. These were 275/60R20, so the ride was still quite for an A/T and smooth. 20191231_123234.jpg 20191231_173331.jpg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Falken Wildpeak AT3W is an excellent tire. I traded for this current truck and had to give them the tires to get the trade value I wanted. Only two months old, but looked great in the truck. Never got to use them in snow, but they are highly rated in all conditions for a sub $200 tire and I really like the way they look. Sorry it's not Ram, but here is those tires on my previous F-150. These were 275/60R20, so the ride was still quite for an A/T and smooth. View attachment 55894 View attachment 55895
I agree - even the OEM version (that came with the Off-Road Group) on mine are doing well, and I hear the retail version may be better. That said, I’ve also run BFG KO2s for years on previous trucks and will always recommend them.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I agree - even the OEM version (that came with the Off-Road Group) on mine are doing well, and I hear the retail version may be better. That said, I’ve also run BFG KO2s for years on previous trucks and will always recommend them.
Totally agree those are great tires, but aren't those pricey? Just going from the price point the OP was asking about, I recommended the Wildpeak. But yes BFG KO2s are a tride and true on the A/T world.

spaightlabs

Reaction score
I know money is tight for lots of folks right now but there is a good deal of truth to the old adage 'you get what you pay for'...

If you go to Delta's website and click the 'warranty info' button it goes nowhere, which may well be indicative of their warranty policy...what does the dealer tell you about them and are they going to stand behind the product? If you hate them will they take them back?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know money is tight for lots of folks right now but there is a good deal of truth to the old adage 'you get what you pay for'...

If you go to Delta's website and click the 'warranty info' button it goes nowhere, which may well be indicative of their warranty policy...what does the dealer tell you about them and are they going to stand behind the product? If you hate them will they take them back?
Going with the "you get what you pay for" line of thinking. I know the most expensive thing isn't always the best, but typically if something costs more there's a reason why (quality, service, etc). Tires are THE THING that keeps your very expensive vehicle, and possibly family, on the road. You could have the best brakes, the best steering, the best suspension. None of that matters if your tires are ****.

When you have to panic stop from 70 mph are you going to trust a tire no one has ever heard of?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
check out nitto exo grapplers. pricey but they're snow rated/can be studded. theyre great in all seasons though and they wear really really well

Last edited:

Bink

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, I really do appreciate it. I had been looking at Falcon Wildpeaks as well or General Grabbers A/TX.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, I really do appreciate it. I had been looking at Falcon Wildpeaks as well or General Grabbers A/TX.
If snow is a concern; then look for the 3PSMF symbol/rating. In my experience, the Wildpeaks were great tires in snow and rain. The Grabber A/TX looks like a good tire also, but I would expect they will be louder and have a little more tire hum than the Wildpeaks.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Goodyear Duratracs I have are awesome in the snow , Toyo just came out with their A/T 3 tires and they’re suppose to be pretty nice too .

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W all the way. They're under $200 for some sizes and almost all other sizes are under $250. One of the less expensive tires on the market, but they out-perform most premium tires.

Bink

Reaction score
Yeah they had the Toyo Open Country A/T to look at and it looked promising in terms of siping for winter performance. No one will know until the snow flies next winter since they came out after snow stopped falling. I got a decent quote on those. Sounds like most are fans of Wildpeaks so I’ll have to see if I can find a dealer who sells them here.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Delta is a low end tire. May be what you need but just be aware that you'll be buying again sooner than if you go with a name brand. Your take offs are worth some $ with few miles on them so don't just leave them at the dealer. FB marketplace or sell them to a buddy. Use that money to buy a better tire. Toyo, Nitto, Firestone, Yokohama are all good mid range brands. Ask about country of manufacture since almost everyone makes some tires in China.

Bink

Reaction score
I will be avoiding the Delta tires...have it down to General Grabbers A/TX and Falcon Wildpeaks...both about the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread