5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Ivan44

Reaction score
I'm looking into this Big Horn MSRP'd at $46.8K, with an advertised sale price of $37.2K for a potential savings of $9.6K off MSRP or 20.5%. I'm assuming none of the taxes/fees are included in that price. Realistically, how much further could I negotiate the price?
View attachment 55861
That’s south Florida. Guaranteed that it includes every single rebate and incentive that we don’t qualify for. The fact that they don’t break it down is south florida shady. Tell them to break it down for you and then you will know how much more you have to haggle. 20% is a good place to be especially with this months weak rebates/incentives.

Ivan44

Reaction score
On another south Florida note. I inquired with local dealer about ordering a ram and the salesman wants me to put a deposit and wait for delivery before we agree on a price? Is he crazy or am I asking for too much? I remember doing the same with a BMW X3 many moons ago and we agreed and signed on a price before the order. Hhhhmmm.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
On another south Florida note. I inquired with local dealer about ordering a ram and the salesman wants me to put a deposit and wait for delivery before we agree on a price? Is he crazy or am I asking for too much? I remember doing the same with a BMW X3 many moons ago and we agreed and signed on a price before the order. Hhhhmmm.

"Put a deposit down on an order for a truck today and I'll tell you how much it will cost you when it comes in"? I would tell him 2 words, and they wouldn't be "Sure thing!"

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just bought a 2020 Big Horn "Built to Serve" edition. MSRP was 59.6 and We got it down to 49.5 before TTT. Not the best deal but it was exactly the truck I wanted. I didn't know it was on the lot before we got there and I've been waiting to buy a truck for years.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking into this Big Horn MSRP'd at $46.8K, with an advertised sale price of $37.2K for a potential savings of $9.6K off MSRP or 20.5%. I'm assuming none of the taxes/fees are included in that price. Realistically, how much further could I negotiate the price?
View attachment 55861
With the crappy rebates right now that is not awful. You should be at leastv11% off MSRP dealer discount, plus rebates. 15% off dealer discount is really good. I am waiting to see what June brings. I can wait to end of year or longer if need to.

AngryBish

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 2019 classic ram, brand new.

MSRP 57765
Pre tax: 41420 (29% off)
After tax/licensing/fees: 47502 (18% off)

I feel like this is overpriced, but I don’t think the dealer will budge anymore. I’m in Ontario tax is 13%. Canadian pricing.

What do you guys think?

Window sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Just walk away. I ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4X4 with every option except OWL from a dealership and we had agreed to price prior to me ordering. Even the deposit is negotiable. I ended up only putting down $300 to order. It could just be one bad salesman and not the whole dealership but I would definitely only deal with the Internet Sales Manager via e-mail so everything is in writing as that is what I have always done. I don't give a dealer my phone number or walk onto a lot until everything is done I'm just signing papers. FWIW--I purchased a Mazda back in 2006 and went to a dealership just to do a test-drive (did all the negotiating online afterwards) and the salesman that went along on the test-drive was going to give me a brochure before I left and once at his desk asked me if I had a credit card to which I replied yes why? He then asked for it and of course I wasn't going to give it but I played along for a second to see where this was going and he replied that their requirement was to take a $500 deposit before talking numbers (which I didn't even ask to do). I just said I wasn't ready to talk numbers and was polite and he gave me his card and I left. Well that was the dealership I ended up buying from and the look on his face when I walked in that day to sign the papers was hilarious. I told the Internet Sales Manager flat-out the stunt he tried pulling and he assured me that wasn't their policy and they'd talk to him (whether true or not) so it never ceases to amaze me the stuff some will pull to screw people over.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just walk away. I ordered a 2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn 4X4 with every option except OWL from a dealership and we had agreed to price prior to me ordering. Even the deposit is negotiable. I ended up only putting down $300 to order. It could just be one bad salesman and not the whole dealership but I would definitely only deal with the Internet Sales Manager via e-mail so everything is in writing as that is what I have always done. I don't give a dealer my phone number or walk onto a lot until everything is done I'm just signing papers. FWIW--I purchased a Mazda back in 2006 and went to a dealership just to do a test-drive (did all the negotiating online afterwards) and the salesman that went along on the test-drive was going to give me a brochure before I left and once at his desk asked me if I had a credit card to which I replied yes why? He then asked for it and of course I wasn't going to give it but I played along for a second to see where this was going and he replied that their requirement was to take a $500 deposit before talking numbers (which I didn't even ask to do). I just said I wasn't ready to talk numbers and was polite and he gave me his card and I left. Well that was the dealership I ended up buying from and the look on his face when I walked in that day to sign the papers was hilarious. I told the Internet Sales Manager flat-out the stunt he tried pulling and he assured me that wasn't their policy and they'd talk to him (whether true or not) so it never ceases to amaze me the stuff some will pull to screw people over.
Agree. Specially with so many good deals everywhere. Just walk away and go elsewhere.

Murdock

Reaction score
That’s south Florida. Guaranteed that it includes every single rebate and incentive that we don’t qualify for. The fact that they don’t break it down is south florida shady. Tell them to break it down for you and then you will know how much more you have to haggle. 20% is a good place to be especially with this months weak rebates/incentives.
Yeah I'm in Florida too and some dealers just show their 'sale' price, which includes every rebate/incentive under the son that, most likely, everyone can't qualify for. Those were the dealers that were the most shady and also didn't honor a USAA price, or their own internet price (with adding rebates back in that I wasn't qualifying for)!!

Agree. Specially with so many good deals everywhere. Just walk away and go elsewhere.
Where exactly are you seeing these good deals Neurobit? Best deal by a long shot was the one Craig at Koons gave me. But, the uncertainty of when it would be manufactured/etc has me apprehensive. I've looked nationwide for the model(s) that I'm looking for and have had dealers from Maine to California to Texas and in-between basically tell me "the price that you see on the website is our lowest, no extra negotiation". Even the ones that came down a bit, actually added in more rebates just to try and fool me. I've literally contacted at least 15-20 dealers and none have budged on price whatsoever.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Yeah I'm in Florida too and some dealers just show their 'sale' price, which includes every rebate/incentive under the son that, most likely, everyone can't qualify for. Those were the dealers that were the most shady and also didn't honor a USAA price, or their own internet price (with adding rebates back in that I wasn't qualifying for)!!

Where exactly are you seeing these good deals Neurobit? Best deal by a long shot was the one Craig at Koons gave me. But, the uncertainty of when it would be manufactured/etc has me apprehensive. I've looked nationwide for the model(s) that I'm looking for and have had dealers from Maine to California to Texas and in-between basically tell me "the price that you see on the website is our lowest, no extra negotiation". Even the ones that came down a bit, actually added in more rebates just to try and fool me. I've literally contacted at least 15-20 dealers and none have budged on price whatsoever.
Just spoke with a dealer today who said the price listed is the lowest they can go. Was the same with another dealer I spoke to prior. Guess you have to keep trying dealers until you find one that negotiates?

HookerPilot18

Reaction score
Just spoke with a dealer today who said the price listed is the lowest they can go. Was the same with another dealer I spoke to prior. Guess you have to keep trying dealers until you find one that negotiates?
They are feeding you a line of *$@!. I just bought mine a week ago and was able to get an extra 4k off of the price after rebates for a total of 14k off the truck. I would continue looking until you find a dealer that wants to move inventory and work with you. Good luck man!

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
If that was the actual price that wouldn't be

Leave your contact info and tell them to call when they want to negotiate.
Use the time to visit other dealers to get prices to compare.
Once the deals start rolling in you know what is or is not a good deal.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
If that was the actual price that wouldn't be

Leave your contact info and tell them to call when they want to negotiate.
Use the time to visit other dealers to get prices to compare.
Once the deals start rolling in you know what is or is not a good deal.
First dealer I spoke with (local in southern Illinois) wouldn't really budge on price but offered to give me more on trade. They seemed transparent with their numbers but again said they couldn't go any lower. Next dealer I spoke to was Laura Ram in Sullivan MO and the price of their truck was very good (they are volume sellers) but low balled me on trade. Dealer I spoke with today (South County Ram in St Louis MO), flat out told me no budging on price. I've yet to see their offer for trade. I'm hoping to get my ducks in a row so I can pull the trigger on June. If anyone has suggestions for dealers in Illinois/Missouri, I'm all ears!

Kaag

Reaction score
First dealer I spoke with (local in southern Illinois) wouldn't really budge on price but offered to give me more on trade. They seemed transparent with their numbers but again said they couldn't go any lower. Next dealer I spoke to was Laura Ram in Sullivan MO and the price of their truck was very good (they are volume sellers) but low balled me on trade. Dealer I spoke with today (South County Ram in St Louis MO), flat out told me no budging on price. I've yet to see their offer for trade. I'm hoping to get my ducks in a row so I can pull the trigger on June. If anyone has suggestions for dealers in Illinois/Missouri, I'm all ears!
What type of Ram you looking for?

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time posted here!

I am in the Northwest and working on the following deal:

2019 Laramie Diamond Black that includes the following options:
- V8 Hemi
- Laramie level 2
- 12 inch screen
- advanced safety group
- chrome appearance package
- wheel to wheel side steps
- pano roofs
- trailer tow group
-3.92 axle ratio
- leather seat package

MSRP is 66k CAD (which was 80k last year) and got the price down to 57500 CAD after negotiations.

thoughts on the deal to this very excited Canadian (hopefully soon to be Ram owner).

Last edited:

robia06

Reaction score
Looking at the same dealers. Have you tried Jim Butler in Linn Mo?

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 2019 classic ram, brand new.

MSRP 57765
Pre tax: 41420 (29% off)
After tax/licensing/fees: 47502 (18% off)

I feel like this is overpriced, but I don’t think the dealer will budge anymore. I’m in Ontario tax is 13%. Canadian pricing.

What do you guys think?

Window sticker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That MSRP is the original price if you bought one last year without any rebates\discounts?

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
What type of Ram you looking for?
2020 Ram Laramie, level 1, sport package with sport hood, 4x4, 5.7 non e-torque, sunroof, wheel liners, brake controller, all weather floor mats, spray in bed liner, 3.21 gears or 3.92 (either is fine). Prefer maximum steel metallic, but would be good with grey or delmonico red. Brake controller, wheel liners, floor mats or spray in bedliner are not mandatory as i can add at a later time.

Users who are viewing this thread