5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went to the dealership parts department this past Friday afternoon and picked up my Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips (82216079AA).
I wasted no time getting these beauties installed. They are doubled walled tips and are blued like you would blue the barrel of a gun. It gives the metal a blue-black appearance of the resulting protective finish.
They are not cheap but I have received more compliments on these tips since I installed them than any other mod I have done on the truck.
Mopar_5_Exhaust_Tips.png

The B2 Performance muffler and these tips make a great combo.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are black chromed, not blued. But w/e, they look great. Way overpriced, but look great. Enjoy!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are black chromed, not blued. But w/e, they look great. Way overpriced, but look great. Enjoy!
They are overpriced.o_O

If I would have installed a Cat Back exhaust I would not have had the budget for them. But since I saved so much money with B2 Fabrications custom muffler I was able to splurge on the Tips. :cool:

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Can you post a few more pics of the tips? Curious to see the double wall from a few different angles.

I have the Craven 5" tips and I don't like them quite as much as my Moe's 5" tips that were on my 2014.

Looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have 3 choices if you want to keep the factory adjustability,
1. Craven (polished or black ceramic coat),
2. Mopar (polished or black chrome),
3. B2 Fabrication (polished or black powder coat).

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you post a few more pics of the tips? Curious to see the double wall from a few different angles.

I have the Craven 5" tips and I don't like them quite as much as my Moe's 5" tips that were on my 2014.

Looking for alternatives.

Thanks!
You should be able to see the double-wall in these pictures, where they flare out to allow condensation to leave the tips without the need for a weep hole.
Mopar_5_Exhaust_Tips_DW.png
Mopar_5_Exhaust_Tips_DW2.png

ClayFire2

Reaction score
Went to the dealership parts department this past Friday afternoon and picked up my Mopar 5" Black Exhaust Tips (82216079AA).
I wasted no time getting these beauties installed. They are doubled walled tips and are blued like you would blue the barrel of a gun. It gives the metal a blue-black appearance of the resulting protective finish.
They are not cheap but I have received more compliments on these tips since I installed them than any other mod I have done on the truck.
View attachment 55718

The B2 Performance muffler and these tips make a great combo.
After you installed the B2 do you have a rattle? Every time I start truck and sometimes when sitting at a light I have a rattle and cannot find the location for the life of me to get rid of it. The exhaust sounds awesome but the rattle is driving me crazy!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After you installed the B2 do you have a rattle? Every time I start truck and sometimes when sitting at a light I have a rattle and cannot find the location for the life of me to get rid of it. The exhaust sounds awesome but the rattle is driving me crazy!

No, but I did have to tighten down the clamp next to were I cut the muffler pipe. After my first drive... (Hold & Cold Expansion)

I bet yours might be loose.

Also make sure that all of your hangers are back in place and tight if you took the hangers off during installation.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
No, but I did have to tighten down the clamp next to were I cut the muffler pipe. After my first drive... (Hold & Cold Expansion)

I bet yours might be loose.

Also make sure that all of your hangers are back in place and tight if you took the hangers off during installation.
Alright, I did tighten everything a few days ago and still have the rattle. I also sealed it with high heat silicone like they suggest. All hangers are in place properly with nothing rubbing that I can see, the rattling seems to come more from the rear drivers side than anything i did from the muffler delete itself but maybe the aggressive sound is causing something else to rattle that the stock exhaust didn't cause.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright, I did tighten everything a few days ago and still have the rattle. I also sealed it with high heat silicone like they suggest. All hangers are in place properly with nothing rubbing that I can see, the rattling seems to come more from the rear drivers side than anything i did from the muffler delete itself but maybe the aggressive sound is causing something else to rattle that the stock exhaust didn't cause.

When you install the B2 muffler, some have remarked that it can move your exhaust tips. Perhaps they are vibrating against your bumper or one of your rear resonators.

ClayFire2

Reaction score
When you install the B2 muffler, some have remarked that it can move your exhaust tips. Perhaps they are vibrating against your bumper or one of your rear resonators.
Interesting I hadn't heard that I will check that, thanks for the info!

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of these. I hate how the inside half inside painted black 😩

Users who are viewing this thread