5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel with Bilstein 5100 Level

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
I rented one from advanced auto for free......$60 deposit....autozone has them too

@Z mann R2 ; I tried using the 1.5-inch wheel spacers as well but was told by my shop that they would have to grind the studs like you mentioned previously. I see you went with the 1.5-inch spacers anyway so did you have grind the studs? I am debating doing the same except grinding down the studs would basically prevent mounting any aftermarket wheels if I ever find one I like. :)

Do you know how much front lift you netted with the 5100s over the Rebel's factory Bilsteins? I am curious at what setting you went with and how the ride is?

Z mann R2

Reaction score
@Z mann R2 ; I tried using the 1.5-inch wheel spacers as well but was told by my shop that they would have to grind the studs like you mentioned previously. I see you went with the 1.5-inch spacers anyway so did you have grind the studs? I am debating doing the same except grinding down the studs would basically prevent mounting any aftermarket wheels if I ever find one I like. :)

Do you know how much front lift you netted with the 5100s over the Rebel's factory Bilsteins? I am curious at what setting you went with and how the ride is?

nope, the factory wheels have cutouts where the lugs can travel into the wheel without hitting. I ended up a good 1.7” of lift on setting 5 which gave me a .5” of rake. Near level!

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
nope, the factory wheels have cutouts where the lugs can travel into the wheel without hitting. I ended up a good 1.7” of lift on setting 5 which gave me a .5” of rake. Near level!

Great...sounds like a good solution and I will check on the wheel fitment with the spacers as I cannot settle on any aftermarket wheels that I really like.

I actually made the decision to remove the Falcon shock system in order to install a 3-inch Dirt Logic Coilover/UCA system instead. That way I know my setup will be robust enough for off-roading while giving me a great street ride along with fitment/clearance for the larger tires. Hope to have it installed within a week or so.

YngwieL

Reaction score
How many people do the level lift on the front of the truck, but never have their headlights realigned so they aren't blinding everybody..seems like that 2" lift would really start p&^% people off lol..

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many people do the level lift on the front of the truck, but never have their headlights realigned so they aren't blinding everybody..seems like that 2" lift would really start p&^% people off lol..
lol good point. people flash me as is on my stock height rebel. my trucks actually having the 5100's and new wheels and 35s installed as we speak. ill let you know if i **** more people off ;)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size tire, rim size, and offset you go with, I like that look
thank you sir. The wheels are Fuel Shok's 18x9 -12. The tires are 35x12.5R18 Nitto Exo Grapplers. They rubbed the little mud flap plastic things off as i was leaving the lot when i picked it up lol. I took them off before driving home, and the only rubbing i now have is the metal tab that those plastic mud flaps were bolted into. im going to remove that tab and hopefully be able to reinstall those mud flaps without rubbing.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also confirming again from yet another source that rebels do not need the spring seat adapter - my installer said that they fell right into place without them and fit perfect

blazenlo

Reaction score
Looks awesome! Thanks for the info regarding the Bilstein's.
Adding this without a compliment to the original poster....
1588294132745.png

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Pribilof

Reaction score

I'd imagine that truck OEMs adjust the headlight beams to be properly aligned with some sort of load in the bed (these are trucks, after all), which would generally cause the rear to squat somewhat. If one is leveling the truck then all they're doing is raising the front rather than causing squat in the back. It's really a non-issue.

OctavianP

Reaction score
Hello.
Just a quick question...you achieved 1.7" of lift on top of the 1" that the rebel comes from the factory or you only gained 0.7" extra lift on top of the 1" factory lift?
Thank you very much.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Hello.
Just a quick question...you achieved 1.7" of lift on top of the 1" that the rebel comes from the factory or you only gained 0.7" extra lift on top of the 1" factory lift?
Thank you very much.
My rebel front end is now 1.7” higher in the front than when I purchased it. And the back is now 1.5” higher from my rear spacer. So overall the truck was lifted with a touch less rake.

PROJO

Reaction score
lol good point. people flash me as is on my stock height rebel. my trucks actually having the 5100's and new wheels and 35s installed as we speak. ill let you know if i **** more people off ;)

Awesome looking truck! How do you like the Bilstein 5100s on the rebel? Do they ride better than the stock front shocks? - also, how much lift does setting #5 get you up front?

PROJO

Reaction score
Just got mine installed. Loving the new height. Not much (roughly 1.5 higher in the front), but just enough. New wheels coming tomorrow.

What setting did you put your bilsteins at #4 or #5 to achieve 1.5" of front lift?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome looking truck! How do you like the Bilstein 5100s on the rebel? Do they ride better than the stock front shocks? - also, how much lift does setting #5 get you up front?
thank you! i'd say the ride is more influenced by my tires and big sidewall from the 18 inch wheels rather than from the Bilstein's. I changed the shocks and wheels and tires all at the same time, so its hard to say how much just the 5100's changed the ride. It honestly feels about the same as stock though, the only thing noticeable is that the truck feels a little bit heavier under acceleration due to the increase in tire size and weight.
the stock rebel comes with a similar tire and similar riding shocks from the factory, so i wouldnt worry too much about ride quality with 5100's. You're already riding on a rougher set up in the stock rebel, so i really don't think the 5100's would bother you if you don't mind how it rides now.
The amount of lift on the #5 setting seems to vary between different trucks, but mine sits about half an inch lower in the front compared to the rear. Do NOT install the spring seat adapter that comes with the 5100's, the rebel doesn't need it. If installed, it will sit higher

PROJO

Reaction score
thank you! i'd say the ride is more influenced by my tires and big sidewall from the 18 inch wheels rather than from the Bilstein's. I changed the shocks and wheels and tires all at the same time, so its hard to say how much just the 5100's changed the ride. It honestly feels about the same as stock though, the only thing noticeable is that the truck feels a little bit heavier under acceleration due to the increase in tire size and weight.
the stock rebel comes with a similar tire and similar riding shocks from the factory, so i wouldnt worry too much about ride quality with 5100's. You're already riding on a rougher set up in the stock rebel, so i really don't think the 5100's would bother you if you don't mind how it rides now.
The amount of lift on the #5 setting seems to vary between different trucks, but mine sits about half an inch lower in the front compared to the rear. Do NOT install the spring seat adapter that comes with the 5100's, the rebel doesn't need it. If installed, it will sit higher

Awesome!! Thank you, for the advice. I ordered a pair of 5100s - coming in next weekend. My setup is going to be as follows:

1) ReadyLift 3.5" (took out the preloaded spacer) - 2" rear spacer and 1.5" Tophat spacer still on, with upper control arms.
2) 35" BFG KO2s - with 20x10 -18 offset Maverick Fuel wheels
3) stock suspension/springs - pending the only change will be the Bilstein 5100s up front

Users who are viewing this thread