5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roaming Lost - 2020 Ram Rebel EcoDiesel

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Okay, sounds like the ride quality is what it is. Not bad actually but just stiffer than the Icons I had on my previous build so I was sort of surprised.

Yes, the ring was on the level setting according to my shop (Desert Rat Offroad Center) but going to crawl under today to see if I can tell. The worry is that if the truck is this stiff already if the ring is in the lower setting, hate to think how it will ride if it has to be adjusted up. But they were adamant it is in the right setting.

Sorry for the bother about taking some measurements but it would help out if I had a reference. I know the exact tire you have so I can deduct the difference between your Coopers and the stock Duratracs to compare against my current setup. Thanks again for doing that!

BTW, ran the Cooper S/T Maxx on my built 4Runner and loved them so will be curious to hear how they do with the Ram!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Okay, sounds like the ride quality is what it is. Not bad actually but just stiffer than the Icons I had on my previous build so I was sort of surprised.

Yes, the ring was on the level setting according to my shop (Desert Rat Offroad Center) but going to crawl under today to see if I can tell. The worry is that if the truck is this stiff already if the ring is in the lower setting, hate to think how it will ride if it has to be adjusted up. But they were adamant it is in the right setting.

Sorry for the bother about taking some measurements but it would help out if I had a reference. I know the exact tire you have so I can deduct the difference between your Coopers and the stock Duratracs to compare against my current setup. Thanks again for doing that!

BTW, ran the Cooper S/T Maxx on my built 4Runner and loved them so will be curious to hear how they do with the Ram!
So to the bottom of my tow hooks its 21"
I think going from a full suspension system to a shock level is prob a downgrade but they've been great so far. i also been running my tires at 50psi so way higher than usual ill prob drop them down a bit to reduce the bumps and what not

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
So to the bottom of my tow hooks its 21"
I think going from a full suspension system to a shock level is prob a downgrade but they've been great so far. i also been running my tires at 50psi so way higher than usual ill prob drop them down a bit to reduce the bumps and what not

Okay, thanks so much for doing that.

Interestingly enough, I measure to bottom of the tow hooks at 19-3/4", so deducting it from your measurement leaves a 1-1/4" delta. Deducting for difference in tire diameter at almost exactly 1/2" leaves a discrepancy in ride height of about 3/4" which is exactly the missing ride height I have at only 1-1/4" that would get me close to 2" of actual lift. My tires are at 45 psi so taking into account another 5 psi in a larger tire won't make up anywhere near that difference.

I also noticed that my front shock part number 19-03-21-110-002 is different from the Website part number 19-04-32-400-002 but that might be a separate number for the whole package of front/rear shocks.

Thanks again @Roaminglost...that was a big help and loving your build up!

Roaminglost

Reaction score
Okay, thanks so much for doing that.

Interestingly enough, I measure to bottom of the tow hooks at 19-3/4", so deducting it from your measurement leaves a 1-1/4" delta. Deducting for difference in tire diameter at almost exactly 1/2" leaves a discrepancy in ride height of about 3/4" which is exactly the missing ride height I have at only 1-1/4" that would get me close to 2" of actual lift. My tires are at 45 psi so taking into account another 5 psi in a larger tire won't make up anywhere near that difference.

I also noticed that my front shock part number 19-03-21-110-002 is different from the Website part number 19-04-32-400-002 but that might be a separate number for the whole package of front/rear shocks.

Thanks again @Roaminglost...that was a big help and loving your build up!
these are mine maybe you can check the part number?
DSC00232.jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes they told me for the Leer that I wanted it would be 4+ months eeek....

Downytide

Reaction score
How are the shocks on washboard roads? I see some feedback saying the shocks are stiffer which is something I don't want, better on road handling is not really a concern, my main goal is going over rough roads faster and more comfortable.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
making an electrical panel/aux battery box. Batteries will go underneath and a panel up top so I can charge and manage the system.
not the best woodworker lol but fits properly.
60911269617__548B64FF-2B2B-4FA6-BB56-AB942E1067F3.JPG 60911268915__D2D2BA96-CF75-4BD1-8368-B430F1A6EB8B.JPG IMG_5145.JPG IMG_5146.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread