5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" BDS coilvers vs spacer lifts

joey1196

Reaction score
Looking at getting a 6" BDS suspension lift. Really want to get the coilovers, but find it really hard to justify the $2000 price increase for them. I do 70% paved road driving--30% offroad. Has anyone had the chance to try both systems out and see how they ride? I'm trying to keep the ride quality as close to factory. Also how much did MPG go down once the lift was installed?

Maxram

Reaction score
Looking at getting a 6" BDS suspension lift. Really want to get the coilovers, but find it really hard to justify the $2000 price increase for them. I do 70% paved road driving--30% offroad. Has anyone had the chance to try both systems out and see how they ride? I'm trying to keep the ride quality as close to factory. Also how much did MPG go down once the lift was installed?

The coilover system is going on my truck this coming weekend, I'll post with results. I've heard the standard lift rides really good, close to stock supposedly.

RamSco

Reaction score
The coilover system is going on my truck this coming weekend, I'll post with results. I've heard the standard lift rides really good, close to stock supposedly.
Did you complete the install of the coilovers? I have the BDS on my Laramie ORP and am considering upgrading to the coilovers. Would appreciate feedback on ride and pictures of level-ness.

Maxram

Reaction score
Did you complete the install of the coilovers? I have the BDS on my Laramie ORP and am considering upgrading to the coilovers. Would appreciate feedback on ride and pictures of level-ness.
Hey sorry been off for a while! Yes, just got it done about 2 weeks ago. Installed with no adjustments and it's perfectly level. They can be adjusted up or down 2 inches with a spanner wrench if desired. I got the DSC Resi's and after playing with the adjustments on them its definitely worth spending another hundred bucks for that option. Ride is fantastic once I dialed them to my liking.

Attachments

• 20200325_182807.jpg
    20200325_182807.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 108

Maxram

Reaction score
Here's some more pics!

Attachments

• 20200325_182839.jpg
    20200325_182839.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200325_183058.jpg
    20200325_183058.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20200325_183234.jpg
    20200325_183234.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 20200325_182932.jpg
    20200325_182932.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Attach58799_20200313_152438.jpg
    Attach58799_20200313_152438.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 135

RamSco

Reaction score
Hey sorry been off for a while! Yes, just got it done about 2 weeks ago. Installed with no adjustments and it's perfectly level. They can be adjusted up or down 2 inches with a spanner wrench if desired. I got the DSC Resi's and after playing with the adjustments on them its definitely worth spending another hundred bucks for that option. Ride is fantastic once I dialed them to my liking.
That looks fantastic. Holy cow!

Maxram

Reaction score
That looks fantastic. Holy cow!
Thanks man! Still have a few little things to do. I de-badged the tailgate and front doors the other day after these pics. Put some 6in slim off road lights under the rear bumper for back up lights and I added the "raptor style" marker lights a while back. Going to remove the Ram logo from the grill and replace with a light bar then figure out what to do with the badges on the sport hood. Gonna tint all the lighting as well. Then power steps and a low pro color match hard tonneau. After that I think I'll be done with everything, until I change the wheel and tire setup lol

RamSco

Reaction score
Thanks man! Still have a few little things to do. I de-badged the tailgate and front doors the other day after these pics. Put some 6in slim off road lights under the rear bumper for back up lights and I added the "raptor style" marker lights a while back. Going to remove the Ram logo from the grill and replace with a light bar then figure out what to do with the badges on the sport hood. Gonna tint all the lighting as well. Then power steps and a low pro color match hard tonneau. After that I think I'll be done with everything, until I change the wheel and tire setup lol
I commend you. I don't have the guts to do a black truck but they sure look great when done right. And yours is incredible.

Maxram

Reaction score
I commend you. I don't have the guts to do a black truck but they sure look great when done right. And yours is incredible.
Much appreciated! I know what you mean. I originally wanted to do white/black two tone rebel with the same setup and black wheels which would have looked badass but this one just showed up from the factory that day and I couldn't pass it up.

RamSco

Reaction score
Much appreciated! I know what you mean. I originally wanted to do white/black two tone rebel with the same setup and black wheels which would have looked badass but this one just showed up from the factory that day and I couldn't pass it up.
You should post your truck in this thread too...

ehk49

Reaction score
Anyone running the 6 inch BDS spacer kit that can comment on ride quality? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of them, I'm on road 95% of the time and see some farm roads during hunting season.

joey1196

Reaction score
Anyone running the 6 inch BDS spacer kit that can comment on ride quality? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of them, I'm on road 95% of the time and see some farm roads during hunting season.
I’ll be putting this kit on my truck in a week. I’ll let you know how it goes and my first comments.

Users who are viewing this thread