5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what are you going to do with your"Stimlius check"?

Snakes709

Reaction score
If theyre still working as usual and qualify for the stimulus money, then it's none of your concern what they do with their money

Again, if you are working and get money from the government and spend it on mods or non essential ****, you dont need money from the government. Stop being a mooch.

I’m Canadian and my family doesnt meet any of the criteria’s for any of the emergency funds nor do we need any. Seems like people see this as free money and just wanna **** the system because they are mooches.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The entire idea of giving the "free" money to the masses IS SO THAT THEY SPEND IT. It doesn't help the economy to hold it in your pocket. They literally hope, want, need you to spend the stimulus money so that the economy doesn't collapse.

If someone qualifies for the money, and has made smarter financial decisions than the average bear, ending up in a place where they don't "need" the money, who is anyone to say if they deserve it, and who is anyone to say if they get to spend it and how? If anything, they're the most deserving, and the economy needs them the most.

primetime007

Reaction score
I’m considered an essential worker in an emergency room, but don’t make much and still qualify. Trying to decide if I’ll put most in savings/investments and a fraction on mods since I‘ll finally pick up my truck this week

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The entire idea of giving the "free" money to the masses IS SO THAT THEY SPEND IT. It doesn't help the economy to hold it in your pocket. They literally hope, want, need you to spend the stimulus money so that the economy doesn't collapse.

If someone qualifies for the money, and has made smarter financial decisions than the average bear, ending up in a place where they don't "need" the money, who is anyone to say if they deserve it, and who is anyone to say if they get to spend it and how? If anything, they're the most deserving, and the economy needs them the most.
(y) (y)!

Brrryan

Reaction score
Since my wife went contingent at work and we had a kid, that qualified us for the money + $500 for our daughter. We have no lost wages, in fact I’m working overtime, and city I work for is considering offering a stipend based on the nature of my job. In no way does it feel appropriate to be receiving money. Does that mean I shouldn’t spend it on mods or help stimulate the economy in some fashion? I suppose I should realize the guys disagreeing are the same ones claiming, “if you don’t buy your truck cash, you can’t afford it.” This was the government’s decision, and they know damn well plenty of people don’t need it. Enjoy your lift kit OP!

Chuck19

Reaction score
Again, if you are working and get money from the government and spend it on mods or non essential ****, you dont need money from the government. Stop being a mooch.

I’m Canadian and my family doesnt meet any of the criteria’s for any of the emergency funds nor do we need any. Seems like people see this as free money and just wanna **** the system because they are mooches.
It’s not free money, it’s my money that i have paid in for years. If i want to spend it on food, mods,rent whatever its my business and mine alone. I wish i was fortunate enough to be making the amount of money required to be exempt (or even working at all as i have been laid off due to this) but i am not and that is just the way it goes. I am not on welfare or a mooch and i think that I can spend my $1200 better than the mooches in Washington.

onelochevy

Reaction score

I didn't ask for the money. But if I get it, I'm spending it. Deal with it. It's not like I signed up for a handout I don't need. I work in a chemical plant and my wife is an ICU nurse. She's making a killing right now.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a married couple we just sneak in on receiving the stimulus bonus. Do we need the money, not at all. Did I ask for the money, no. Will I accept and spend the money, heck yes. As someone previously mentioned it’s called a “stimulus check” and it’s meant to stimulate the economy which I’m gladly going to do with my “stimulus check”.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm grateful that I'm still working. With my adjusted gross income from last year, I just squeak by in qualifying for this. I don't need the money, but I will have no problem accepting it. I pay my share of taxes, so I'm just getting a little of that money back. I'll probably put it away until this thing is over, then it'll go into either fixing my driveway or a new garage door.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not a stimulus check. This is a sht got real check to be used at this time to pay your bills. Which is possible another set may come out depending on how this lasts.

Only part that can be stimulating about this is the small businesses grab the loan(s). Use it as designed, keep all employees at their pay. Pay the rest of bills to keep them afloat during this social close down time. Do as designed and the small business doesn’t have to pay loan back when life gets back to normal as possible.

That in itself is a great stimulus. No lost jobs—employees don’t lose all their stuff or added debt. no lost business(s) that wouldn’t be able to recover anyways after it turns around, no loan(debt) to be paid back.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since my wife went contingent at work and we had a kid, that qualified us for the money + $500 for our daughter. We have no lost wages, in fact I’m working overtime, and city I work for is considering offering a stipend based on the nature of my job. In no way does it feel appropriate to be receiving money. Does that mean I shouldn’t spend it on mods or help stimulate the economy in some fashion? I suppose I should realize the guys disagreeing are the same ones claiming, “if you don’t buy your truck cash, you can’t afford it.” This was the government’s decision, and they know damn well plenty of people don’t need it. Enjoy your lift kit OP!
(y) :love::love:!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure why they are giving money to people that are still working. If anything I have saved money on gas and entertainment while everything is shut down. Sure I'll take it but I know the goverment is going to get it back one way or another.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s not free money, it’s my money that i have paid in for years. If i want to spend it on food, mods,rent whatever its my business and mine alone. I wish i was fortunate enough to be making the amount of money required to be exempt (or even working at all as i have been laid off due to this) but i am not and that is just the way it goes. I am not on welfare or a mooch and i think that I can spend my $1200 better than the mooches in Washington.
:love: (y) :love:!

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the wife and I will take a cruise to the western Caribbean I hear they are real cheap right now. :LOL:

KcRay

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Its not a free handout to do whatever you want with it. Its to pay your bills and buy food to live. People that spend it on mods are no better then people being on welfare because they are to lazy to work
People who need the money to buy food and pay rent will use the money for that. People who don't need the money for food and rent, will hopefully spend it stimulating the economy, and not stash it under their mattress. The concept of a stable and thriving economy depends on spending money. From the poor person only buying the necessities of life, as well as the middle or upper class buying stuff they don't really need. That being said, I don't know yet what I'll do with the money, but I pledge to spend every penny!

Wrecktal

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Its not a free handout to do whatever you want with it. Its to pay your bills and buy food to live. People that spend it on mods are no better then people being on welfare because they are to lazy to work
People spending their money on what they want to spend it on whether or not they already made sure that they were gtg is not the same as people who are on welfare. Bitter much? You don't get to dictate to people what they spend their money on. My wife and I both still have our jobs. These dumb *** politicians are still sending me and her a check. I've already got months of food in the pantry. That's because I've always got months of food available. Don't hate on the people getting the money and what they spend it on. Mind your own business. I promise you that theirs plenty there to keep you occupied if you're worried about some stupid **** like someone else buying seat covers for their truck. What would be a better use of that money in your opinion? A pallet of toilet paper? Gtf out of here with that nonsense. Don't you have a Costco line to stand in?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Yes I am still working because I am considered an essential worker being employed by the court. If I was to guess...being that this is a truck forum...the ops question was intended for us to talk about what mods or additions you would do to your TRUCK and or what you would do using your TRUCK with the help of the stimulus money. I am very much thankful and grateful not to be in a situation where this money is a “necessity” but that will not stop me from enjoying it as I will pay for it again next year during tax season. So let’s try and keep the judgmental comments to a minimum because living in America means we are FREE to do as we please (for the most part) and all of our circumstances are drastically different because we can make different choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread