5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Care - Free Oil Changes

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Hey buddy, this thread is under Eco-Diesel motor of RAM .... So you actually put 0W20 in your Ecodiesel from PepBoys ??????

If thats the case I would be more worried about "Oil Cap" for your 3rd Gen EcoDiesel saying 0W20 - more than anything else.

I hope you know the motor/manual calls for 5W40 - and that too MS12991 which happens to be only two brands - one Mopar iteself and second Penzoil platinum Euro.
My mistake no diesel here, my apologies. Must be a Senior moment.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes please advise. My NC dealer said nothing about this and my many solicitation letters from Mopar (mostly ext warranty) have said nothing about it. My dealer is appx 40 miles away as well, so I wouldn’t spend the time and fuel just to go there for a dino oil change.
The website www.ramtrucks.com/care is false advertising. At present, the program RAMCare only applies to trucks sold in Texas, even though that restriction is stated nowhere.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if relevant, but try entering your VIN at mypcp.com. I didn’t know I had this, until someone told me to check it. Dealership has honored it every time and I’m yet to pay for any routine service.
6F1352A4-FD8F-439B-B26A-8D483741F25F.jpeg

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't spam. I'll check the link.

EDIT: https://mypcp.us or probably easier using the My PCP Auto Care app. If your dealer participates.
So what is this site? That link goes to a log in page. Back me up a step or two and tell us just what this program is please.

PS - Where have you been? Long time not seeing you post...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The website www.ramtrucks.com/care is false advertising. At present, the program RAMCare only applies to trucks sold in Texas, even though that restriction is stated nowhere.
I called my selling dealer and asked, he (salesman I used) said in the southeast there was a program like this but it expired in early 2019.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what is this site? That link goes to a log in page. Back me up a step or two and tell us just what this program is please.
PS - Where have you been? Long time not seeing you post...

Oh I've been around! Like everyone else, things are pretty crazy right now.

It's a preferred customer program that covers 3yr/36000mi of scheduled maintenance, apparently a program some dealerships participate it. I didn't know I had it, until someone else who bought from the same dealership mentioned it. I checked my VIN, and I had it too! Can't go through the steps, since I've already created my account, but it looks like it's moved mostly to the app now.

Check out the FAQ here: https://mypcp.us/faq. Shows the steps for initial login.

So now every time I go to the dealership for an oil change, I just tell the tech I have the preferred customer program. At pickup, I sign the receipt for the service - 0 balance due - and I'm on my way. The app tracks services done, which you can view by date, and keeps track of how many services you have left.

Users who are viewing this thread