5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I took some hard fast corners after installing - felt so much better
you got that right.after first week i installed it i took a curve on the highway....Wow! unbelievableo_O.you will be able to come up on vehicles quick with it.other trucks behind me ..you can hear their tires sq keeling to catch up.little do they know i have the bar in and not stock:LOL:!

Attachments

• 103_1515.JPG
    103_1515.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 266

BLAM

Reaction score
l would like to see a few pics of the color matched tonneau cover...what brand is it ...thx

The brand is Lux. I have to take more pictures this weekend when it gets washed.

BLAM

Reaction score
Do you have any more pictures? Maybe some during the daytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take some daytime shots today. I used the thin size 3M double sided tape on some places. I actually replaced it last night from the 9ft to the 16ft to be able to fully wrap around the center armrest console. I will also install the 9ft tonight. The installation is kinda fun.

Here's the listing for the 16ft:

Here's the install last night: Accent Lights 4.jpg Accent Lights 3.jpg

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I'll take some daytime shots today. I used the thin size 3M double sided tape on some places. I actually replaced it last night from the 9ft to the 16ft to be able to fully wrap around the center armrest console. I will also install the 9ft tonight. The installation is kinda fun.

Here's the listing for the 16ft:

Here's the install last night: View attachment 51033 View attachment 51034
I love the look! How do you power multiple strings of lights? Do they plug into each other?

BLAM

Reaction score
I love the look! How do you power multiple strings of lights? Do they plug into each other?

That's only one long string but I will add the shorter one probably tonight after work. I bought a splitter connector but it was the wrong one. I will just connect them together with a switch and then to the truck fuse. It comes with a USB connector but I rather connect it to the fuse so it will automatically turn on and off. Adding a switch just in case I want to turn it off while the truck is on.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
That's only one long string but I will add the shorter one probably tonight after work. I bought a splitter connector but it was the wrong one. I will just connect them together with a switch and then to the truck fuse. It comes with a USB connector but I rather connect it to the fuse so it will automatically turn on and off. Adding a switch just in case I want to turn it off while the truck is on.
It looks great! Any pointers on the install? When do you use the thin 3m tape? My Longhorn came with accent lighting as I am sure your Limited did too but this is outstanding! I must do this to my truck after seeing yours

BLAM

Reaction score
It looks great! Any pointers on the install? When do you use the thin 3m tape? My Longhorn came with accent lighting as I am sure your Limited did too but this is outstanding! I must do this to my truck after seeing yours

Use the tape where there's no place for the light trim edging to hold like under the glove cover and the back of the center consule. Use the thin 3M tape which can be purchased on AMazon or auto stores; you will have to cut if you use the standard size tape. Trim the light edging for 90 degree curves. It's all logical and just play around with it.

BLAM

Reaction score

The OEM accent lighting on my Limited is pathetic. I like the lighting in my 2019 BMW X5 a lot and this lighting mod resembles it.

rondog69

Reaction score
Just ordered some door edge protectors which I have on my wife car since we bought it and they are awesome.

I also ordered the screem protector for the 12 inch, never know you need it until you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread