5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RamVader

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Here is the deal I got.
I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house to find out about the deals going on. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me: ( Photo included )
* 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
* 5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
* Diamond Black
* 33 Gal Fuel Tank
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Dual Function Tailgate
* Rambox Cargo Management System
* Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
* Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
* Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

I felt that it was a good deal ( let me know what you think ) so I gave him a $500.00 deposit and ordered it.

Attachments

• 2020_Ram_1500_Order_Sheet.jpg
    2020_Ram_1500_Order_Sheet.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 120

RamVader

Reaction score
No. The only thing I see is that is included in the price from the order sheet is the destination fees of $1,695.00

John Jensen

Reaction score
That's an unheard of deal on an ordered truck. 23% discount when normally an ordered truck excellent deal is 11-12%. Highly suspect, especially when he has no delivery charge listed. Maybe he's aware of some fantastic incentives coming when your truck would be delivered. Otherwise, IMO he's taking a big loss.
I hope it goes through for you - keep us posted.

RamVader

Reaction score
That's an unheard of deal on an ordered truck. 23% discount when normally an ordered truck excellent deal is 11-12%. Highly suspect, especially when he has no delivery charge listed. Maybe he's aware of some fantastic incentives coming when your truck would be delivered. Otherwise, IMO he's taking a big loss.
I hope it goes through for you - keep us posted.
The delivery charge is on the order sheet he gave me ( $1,695.00). I included a photo of the sheet in the post. He also told me if there were anymore incentives by the time the truck got delivered he would include them in the deal

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Here is the deal I got.
I wondered into an empty dodge dealership near my house to find out about the deals going on. I got lucky and talked to a gentleman who happened to be the owner of the dealership. He told me he would make me a no BS deal on a new 1500. He did not have exactly what I was looking for so he offered to custom order one for me. I agreed and we went through the list of options.

Below is the information on the build sheet he provided me: ( Photo included )
* 2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4X2 ( I did not need 4x4 because I live in sunny California )
* 5.7 V8 HEMI MDS VVT eTorque Engine
* Diamond Black
* 33 Gal Fuel Tank
* Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
* Dual Function Tailgate
* Rambox Cargo Management System
* Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
* Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
* Black Appearance Package

MSRP = $68,220
FWP ( Wholesale Price / Invoice ) = $62,657
HB ( Dealer Hold Back ) = $1,996
FFP ( Friends / Family Price ) = $62,105
EP ( Eligible Employee Price ) = $59,724
He hand wrote on the bottom of the build sheet the price he will sell this truck to me for ( I included a photo of the build sheet he handed to me ) = $52,675 + 0% for 84 Months and no payments for 90 days
( $15,545 discount from MSRP )

I felt that it was a good deal ( let me know what you think ) so I gave him a $500.00 deposit and ordered it.

seems pretty good if you got what you wanted, i know here they are dying to get ride of the 2 wheel drives, 7500 min in rebates and about 10-12k in dealer discount, everyone in texas wants a 4x4, i always love to go straight to the owner or the guy who calls the shots, they are usually the no nonsense and bs guys

Roddog2220

Reaction score
The delivery charge is on the order sheet he gave me ( $1,695.00). I included a photo of the sheet in the post. He also told me if there were anymore incentives by the time the truck got delivered he would include them in the deal

i hope you got that in writing sir, i would have said no offense but would you put that on paper, its not personal just business

Ryanwood08

Reaction score
I just got a 2020 ram rebel(gets here tomorrow) MSRP was 63. I got it for 57 and took the 0% financing for 84 months. I'll take the 5k off and 0% but my luck next month they will offer all rebates and 0%.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Roddog2220

Reaction score
all you guys buying trucks no matter the deal, thank you for helping stimulate the economy, every little bit helps, you are keeping people working, God bless you guys.

kuba

Reaction score
About one month ago, got a 2020 Ram Rebel, decently loaded.
MSRP was just about 62,800.
Ended up just under 52,000 after discount, rebates, and friends discount. + TTL
Seems decent for a Rebel.

This did include a trade in with what I think was an average offer.

Last edited:

EJ84

Reaction score
quick question, is there any benefits to using a friend and family number other then the 1% below invoice? It looks like there’s a good chance to negotiate a better deal then that.

kuba

Reaction score
I think it might have improved the bottom line by $500 or so. I think it can stack with dealer discounts. Because my dealer discount of 6800ish seems to be more than just 1% below invoice.

Also, in a previous car purchase in the family, final negotiation resulted in a presumed price expecting to get a friend's discount number. The dealer had us write a check for about 500 for them to hold in the case we couldn't get the number (which we ended up getting).

An honest dealer should be able to just straight up tell us this..

Roddog2220

Reaction score
About one month ago, got a 2020 Ram Rebel, decently loaded.
MSRP was just about 62,800.
Ended up just under 52,000 after discount, rebates, and friends discount. + TTL
Seems decent for a Rebel.

This did include a trade in with what I think was an average offer.

that was good precorona, post now i know i can get a rebel for about 10k off msrp plus the 0 for 84, and i think next month will be even better

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that was good precorona, post now i know i can get a rebel for about 10k off msrp plus the 0 for 84, and i think next month will be even better

Honestly, I purchased last month and see all of the dealers in my area are slightly higher prices this month, by $1-3k. Your area may vary. Looking forward to seeing what April brings.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Honestly, I purchased last month and see all of the dealers in my area are slightly higher prices this month, by $1-3k. Your area may vary. Looking forward to seeing what April brings.

i see, pretty sad that ram calls this their truck month yet gmc kicks their *** in incentives this month....when i told a few salesman this i got silence lol

John Jensen

Reaction score
Oops, I see that. I looked at the POC several times b/4 posting and still I missed it - my 85 year old eyes had a brain fart. Regardless, it's still a fantastic deal.

On an ordered truck the dealer usually discounts to somewhere between the MSRP and the EP and adds whatever incentives are available WHEN the truck is delivered. By the way, the dealer cannot deny you any of the incentives in place when you take ownership. So making the promise to do so is just fluff.

Let us know how it all works out for you.

TheRamMan

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s opinion on this I can get 8k off on a dealer discount Laramie and the 0% for 84 and the no payments for 90 days deal. Or do I take the chance and the gamble that April will be better and still have the 0%? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread