5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel vs Laramie Sport?

RamSco

Reaction score
My 2020 Rebel came with the Rebel 12 and Level 2 packages, panoramic sunroof, etc. but without the Black Edition and it has the all black leather interior with silver and carbon fiber trim which is a very nice integrated look; that really brought me back to the Rebel for a second look as I also didn't want the red interior; in black, the Rebel looks almost as posh as a Laramie/Limited but with more off-road bias and capability (which I use). Plus, the exterior styling did appeal to me more even as I was considering the Limited. Happy camper here as have best of both worlds!

Stock photo:
Truck looks really good. That wasn’t an option when I ordered mine.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, the black interior option for 2020 is really nice, I actually preferred it over my Laramie sport interior. I really appreciate the silver brushed trim pieces as compared to my Sport chrome interior trim.

I would have bought a Rebel in a heartbeat, except that it didn’t have the following options:
Vented front seats
Electric passenger seat adjustments
Reclining rear seats

Since those were big ticket items, I ended up in a Laramie to satisfy my family needs. I just installed some Rebel wheels and tires and working on blackout badges to satisfy my interests in the exterior differences.

Kizzo02

Reaction score
Both are great trucks. I was considering the Rebel, but you don’t get the surround view cameras (strange for an off road vehicle). The Laramie gets the option. I’m waiting to see if it’s an option for 2021.

Last edited:

RamSco

Reaction score
Yep, the black interior option for 2020 is really nice, I actually preferred it over my Laramie sport interior. I really appreciate the silver brushed trim pieces as compared to my Sport chrome interior trim.

I would have bought a Rebel in a heartbeat, except that it didn’t have the following options:
Vented front seats
Reclining rear seats

Since those were big ticket items, I ended up in a Laramie to satisfy my family needs. I just installed some Rebel wheels and tires and working on blackout badges to satisfy my interests in the exterior differences.
I would have made the same decision and I’m very happy with my Laramie. The vented seats are awesome and adjustability for the family is key on road trips. I also like the auto 4WD for on-highway snow driving. About the only wish item on interior is I wish they didn’t use suede accents... they should have stuck with full leather.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score

Vented front seats
Reclining rear seats

I got Rebel 12A black seats and love it. Didnt order it was off the lot like that.
Both are great trucks. I was considering the Rebel, but you don’t get the surround view cameras (strange for an off road vehicle). The Laramie gets the option. I’m waiting to see if it’s an option for 2021.
I would have made the same decision and I’m very happy with my Laramie. The vented seats are awesome and adjustability for the family is key on road trips. I also like the auto 4WD for on-highway snow driving. About the only wish item on interior is I wish they didn’t use suede accents... they should have stuck with full leather.

Yeah, hard to follow the logic on why some items are available or not between models; really not following the logic of not having the front/surround cameras for the "off-road" biased Rebel which really could use the additional cameras. My recent Titan PRO 4X, Toyota Tundra, and the Raptor I was considering all had surround cameras so I really hesitated on that issue alone; I finally decided I will just to have check into aftermarket if I really need/want one (at least the front camera).

My Rebel came with the power passenger seat but vented seats would be nice (again, had those in my previous off-road vehicles but honestly rarely used them even though I am in NM). First world issues...lol. But would have loved having the Laramie's reclining rear seats.

Also, a strong point for the Laramie is having the auto 4wd for on-road snow driving as mentioned since I do drive up to ski resorts in the Rockies and would be nice to have that peace of mind. But most of my prior 4x4s had part-time 4wd and just learned to engage when needed (and not make sharp turns at speed).

I would not be surprised if the next iteration of the Rebel gets most if not all of the features mentioned.

mladenme

Reaction score
I am currently choosing between Laramie with level 1 package and Rebel 12 Black Edition level 2 package.
Laramie is not a sport version, but perhaps can help you make a choice. Check the files (equipment lists) for both options.

Basically, Laramie seems to be noticeably more on-road truck (more comfy), while the Rebel is clearly off-road.
To me main differences are in lockable differential with Rebel, in my case info screen (but L Sport also has 12") and fancy features like memory mirrors, seas and pedals.
Tires are 18" vs 20" (R vs L) and Rebel has 1" lift.
What bothers me a bit is lack of vent seats in Rebel.

Attachments

• Build Sheet RAM Grand Laramie 2020.pdf
    10.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Build Sheet RAM Rebel Black 2020.pdf
    10.2 KB · Views: 4

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
I am currently choosing between Laramie with level 1 package and Rebel 12 Black Edition level 2 package.
Laramie is not a sport version, but perhaps can help you make a choice. Check the files (equipment lists) for both options.

Basically, Laramie seems to be noticeably more on-road truck (more comfy), while the Rebel is clearly off-road.
To me main differences are in lockable differential with Rebel, in my case info screen (but L Sport also has 12") and fancy features like memory mirrors, seas and pedals.

The vented seats are a must with leather. Especially if you live in a hot climate. 1# reason why i went with a Laramie sport over the Rebel. You can get the off road group with the laramie so you will get the e-locker like the rebel.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The vented seats are a must with leather. Especially if you live in a hot climate. 1# reason why i went with a Laramie sport over the Rebel. You can get the off road group with the laramie so you will get the e-locker like the rebel.

And, you can pull off the front air dams to have a Rebelish appearance. I just pulled mine off of my Laramie with ORP this weekend. Also put some Rebel takeoffs on.
d242312930b9c34c21fecb458d9ea28d.jpg

3f73334b7c9cc6cbc9e2d546614fd297.jpg

Kidder

Reaction score

You're not quite comparing apples to apples. A Laramie with the Off Road Package would be more similar since it has the locking rear diff and hill descent control.

RamSco

Reaction score
Just adding to above that the Off Road Package also has the 1" factory lift and skid plates (not front skid plate obviously) similar to the Rebel.

Last edited:

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
And, you can pull off the front air dams to have a Rebelish appearance. I just pulled mine off of my Laramie with ORP this weekend. Also put some Rebel takeoffs on.

Damn that looks good! Might have to find me a set of Rebel take off's

mladenme

Reaction score
You're not quite comparing apples to apples. A Laramie with the Off Road Package would be more similar since it has the locking rear diff and hill descent control.
True, but in the MENA region they do not sell all packages. I can get only what dealer has already ordered.

TheRamMan

Reaction score
How does the rebel ride compared to a Laramie for everyday Highway driving?

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
I assume you're comparing to Laramie Sport with Off Road Package.

Rebel doesn't have vented seats. Rebel has different transfer case so it doesn't have the 4wd Auto option. Not sure what else. Laramie has 20" wheels vs Rebel 18". 18" better for true off roading.
Was all ready to buy a Rebel for the looks but living in Florida the unavailability of vented seats are just a deal breaker. Looks like I'll go with another Laramie. Darn!

PhillyPhan

Reaction score

The biggest complaint about the Laramie is that it forces 20" or 22" wheels on you. Why can't they offer 18" wheels for those that off road? What did you do with your old wheels and tires and what did you do about the spare?

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume you're comparing to Laramie Sport with Off Road Package.

Rebel doesn't have vented seats. Rebel has different transfer case so it doesn't have the 4wd Auto option. Not sure what else. Laramie has 20" wheels vs Rebel 18". 18" better for true off roading.
the '21 Rebel can be had with 4WD auto

Users who are viewing this thread