5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How drop the headliner?

lhn

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm the new owner of a 2020 Ram 1500 and it has the sunroof in it. I'm looking for anyone who has interior pictures of the rear of the ceiling under the headliner. My intent is to figure out how to drop the headliner and drill a couple holes for some antennas.

I've worked out how I'm installing the control head using a dash mount from proclips and intend to put the deck under rear seats. I would like to find a mount perhaps on the left side of the steering wheel, but haven't figured that out just yet. I'll pull in some 8 gauge wire from the battery along the door frame under the panels.

Has anyone done this before? Is there space under the headliner to run the cables with out impacting the sunroof?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you referring to where the headliner tucks up above the rear glass?
Just slide a trim tool and pull down .. comes down very easily (as long as you had removed both rear side pillar items, or course.)

lhn

Reaction score
Are you referring to where the headliner tucks up above the rear glass?
Just slide a trim tool and pull down .. comes down very easily (as long as you had removed both rear side pillar items, or course.)

Yes, I think so. I want to put two holes in the roof behind the sunroof and inline on either side of the FM/GPS/LTE antenna. Before doing this, I want to be sure there's nothing in the way that precludes installing them.

Do you know where I can find instructions on dropping this and removing the pillars?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(ATTACHED) .. reference pages 8-14 for removal (you won't need to drop the entire headliner if you are just wanting to access the rear -- but you will remove the side panels between the front and rear seats to allow the headliner to drop enough for access) .. you could remove the entire headliner, though if you wish.

page 15 is a guideline to reinstall everything.

Attachments

• 82215277AB.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 335

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The headliner is GLUED down tight in the middle. you will destroy it before you get it loose. I couldn't even get a fiberglass fish through it.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The headliner is GLUED down tight in the middle. you will destroy it before you get it loose. I couldn't even get a fiberglass fish through it.

OP didn't say if he had solid to, sunroof, or pano-roof .. mine is pano .. but I've never pulled it all the way out, just down far enough to access what was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread