5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone use protectant on the sport hood plastic inserts?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Talking about the fake vents and scoops on the front sides and back near the windshield. If so, do you use the same stuff you use on other exterior black trims? Like 303 our other? Or do you use something different or "special" for these?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talking about the fake vents and scoops on the front sides and back near the windshield. If so, do you use the same stuff you use on other exterior black trims? Like 303 our other? Or do you use something different or "special" for these?
Use some Adams VRT!

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Use some Adams VRT!
Thanks for the tip. It just occurred to me that I have a bottle of Jay Leno's Tire and Trim, which is supposed to be good for plastics. I may try that before I buy something different. Works pretty well on the tires, giving it a fairly matte finish with a little bit of shine. Will let you know how it works on the hood pieces.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. It just occurred to me that I have a bottle of Jay Leno's Tire and Trim, which is supposed to be good for plastics. I may try that before I buy something different. Works pretty well on the tires, giving it a fairly matte finish with a little bit of shine. Will let you know how it works on the hood pieces.
Nice let me know! I always see that in autozone but never tried it. I’m really big on griots and Adams brand, but always open to new stuff

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I used this on a cladded Avalanche I had years ago with EXCELLENT long lasting results. This was the GM TSB fix for the faded plastic that plagued that model. It goes on super easy, looks awesome, and has incredible longevity. This Spring, when I detail my Longhorn, I will use it on the Rambox tops, and any other black plastic trim. 20200305_172954.jpg 20200305_172959.jpg

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve always used Mothers back to black with good results , however I haven’t tried it on this Rebel yet , it’s been too cold ever since I bought it back in November

Roboram

Reaction score
I use Thetford ProtectAll

Roboram

Reaction score
I use Thetford Protect All on all black plastic on my 2020 Laramie Sport.

Damion

Reaction score
I Use Chemical Guys VRP, its water based so when it rains you don't get streaks running down your truck. also once it dries its not tacky so it doesn't attract dust like mothers black to black will

Users who are viewing this thread