5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deployable bed step

Jackham

Reaction score
Mine came with one and have used it a lot so far. I. Wondering for folks who have one, do you find it hard to deploy and retract? It seems a bit easier to deploy now but retracting is difficult, almost am kicking it to get it to retract. When I do, it retracts a bit violently. Comments?
Clean it, lubricate it.

RamfanTenn

Reaction score
Just put my bed step on today, and thanks to all who had recommended this for the truck. Also, thanks for the pics and instructions, Jstadick. I might have gotten it done without the pics, but it was much easier to view the pics as I worked on it.

Attachments

• 20190403_143553.jpg
    20190403_143553.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 251

UKreject

Reaction score
I have 2019 bighorn. I was at the dealer today trying to order the step kit side 82215289AB. The parts guy couldn't find it. This number showed as power running boards. I think the Mopar accessories web site is crap.
Any body have the Trekstep from bestop.com on their truck? Any good?

Tac747

Reaction score
I have 2019 bighorn. I was at the dealer today trying to order the step kit side 82215289AB. The parts guy couldn't find it. This number showed as power running boards. I think the Mopar accessories web site is crap.
Any body have the Trekstep from bestop.com on their truck? Any good?
The new part number ends AF so if he was looking for the AB number it won't show up. 82215289AF Ordered mine yesterday from the dealer and picked it up this morning. the redesigned bracket only takes about 15 minutes to install it.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 185

DavidNJ

Reaction score
Interesting...the multi-function tailgate has a different step, toward the center, and it appears larger.

I wonder if both steps will be available.

AartWessels

Reaction score
That step for the multifuntion tailgate seems useless when opening the full tailgate in the "old-fashioned" way. So are they suggesting two different steps for the multifuntion tailgate?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
That step for the multifunction tailgate seems useless when opening the full tailgate in the "old-fashioned" way. So are they suggesting two different steps for the multifunction tailgate?

I had the same question...and why the online configurator doesn't allow the current step with the protection group. We will find out soon. In any event the left side deployable step can be purchased for under $300 and easily installed.

imperial rebel

Reaction score
HAs anyone tried to install a deployable bed step with a multifunction tailgate? If so do you have part number? I don't want to order a step and then find out there's an engineering reason or something that prevents it from getting installed.
Thanks

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HAs anyone tried to install a deployable bed step with a multifunction tailgate? If so do you have part number? I don't want to order a step and then find out there's an engineering reason or something that prevents it from getting installed.
Thanks

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like mine (other than the tapping of the exhaust muffler when retracting).

I was also told that you cannot order them (just yet - but maybe they are updated already? I know there is supposed to be a version 2 released) because during a rear-accident, the step gets slammed forward and punctures the fuel tank.

Damion

Reaction score
Id love to get one, but the dealer wants $400 Canadian for it...... don't really want one THAT badly

cruz1aviator

Reaction score
Mine came with one and have used it a lot so far. I. Wondering for folks who have one, do you find it hard to deploy and retract? It seems a bit easier to deploy now but retracting is difficult, almost am kicking it to get it to retract. When I do, it retracts a bit violently. Comments?

HARD TO CLOSE? Easy. I figured it out coz I’m smaller and struggling kicking it in makes me look like a 12yr old.

Keep both feet on the ground. Use the leverage of your KNEE and it literally only takes a little nudge. A NUDGE!

YOU ALL ARE WELCOME, even those who do it by hand or could kick it in.

Cptcoolie

Reaction score
I love it. One of the most useful additions to my truck. Just make sure you remember to return it to the stow position, because it doesn't love your shins...ouch! The rear sensor on my truck also detects it when I forget it is deployed.

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Get them while you can! The replacement (ends with AG) has also been recalled. Apparently it did not solve the whole can "cause a fire in a rear end collusion" issue. The part is now a REMOVE/ DESTROY from dealer stock AND all vehicles on the dealers lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online