5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will plants shut down due to Covid-19?

antwon412

Reaction score
I couldn’t find a truck the way I wanted it locally or semi-locally so I have been thinking of special ordering one from the dealer to my specifications. However I’m wondering if the normal 6 to 8 week process will be delayed because of the recent coronavirus issues. I need to order the truck and then find out the plans are going to close down or be on reduced output for sometime.

Anyone have any further insight or thoughts on this?

GraniteRam

Reaction score
As of now no, but I think probably within the next two weeks they probably will.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Who knows?

At present we're suffering from hysteria and confusion. I got an email from the library telling me they were cancelling things like storytime, but the library itself would be open. Six hours later, they sent an email saying the libraries are shutting for a couple weeks. All your due books are automatically extended. Two hours later I get an email saying I have two books due within three days. And this is just the library! What if some critical department is this messed up?

Hemi engines come from Mexico. How many are stockpiled? Will the government let freight cross the border? What about other parts? Who knows? At present, nobody seems to know anything.

I suggest you expand your search area a little and maybe really figure out what is absolutely essential and what is worth a compromise. My gut says nobody's buying new cars all the sudden and they may be willing to deal. You could end up with more truck than you thought you could afford if you get it out of dealer stock.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Parts suppliers and shipping has been affected too so I would assume this would delay manufacturing.

Boston

Reaction score
With Ram having just gotten rid of excess inventory with the employee pricing, sure hope they can keep the production lines rolling and do repeat it.
I'm still looking for big horn crew 6ft4 bed with all the trimmings I value. A factory order is highly likely

79 300

Reaction score
I just saw this morning Tesla's plant in California was ordered to close- non essential.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is one confirmed case at the Sterling Heights assembly plant. The employee has been home for a week now from what I remember from the news this morning. My 2020 rebel was built at that facility.

Regray

Reaction score
I ordered one just before this got out of control. Who knows when I will see it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
All big 3(FCA, GM and Ford) are closing assembly plant doors until further notice.

pitstoparabia

Reaction score
Productions are delayed for all businesses so it might have an affect on your order. Will be delayed further 2 - 4 weeks depending on the situation. #Staysafe everyone

Users who are viewing this thread