5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Delmonico Red thread

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
My baby is in desperate need of a wash. These Ohio winters kill me!

We move into our new house next weekend, and that gets us out of the condo. Free to wash and detail to my hearts content. Can’t wait!

1D0D4B75-4E68-49A9-8DA0-6CE2A2A8BDE6.jpeg

ST3500

Reaction score
Very nice trucks you guys, I like the color.......... but, the name: "Delmonico Red"...….... this is what comes up to my mind when I hear that name

DelmonicoSteak__32204_1567791846.jpg
Sorry, I couldn't resist...…………… just joking ;)

adampsmall

Reaction score
Very nice trucks you guys, I like the color.......... but, the name: "Delmonico Red"...….... this is what comes up to my mind when I hear that name

View attachment 48690
Sorry, I couldn't resist...…………… just joking ;)
I am pretty sure that is what you are supposed to envision when someone describes the red of their truck as Delmonico Red! Hearty Americanism there! A truck colored like red meat!

ST3500

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that is what you are supposed to envision when someone describes the red of their truck as Delmonico Red! Hearty Americanism there! A truck colored like red meat!

Yea, Delmonico cut steak is my favorite !! (y) (y)

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Here is mine with 35s, 2in MOPAR Lift and 1.5in wheel spacers
View attachment 48688 View attachment 48689
I did the same to my Delmonico sport Laramie - same painted wheels and black-out badging etc. the final touch I added was tinted-film head lights, side mirror lights, and high back-up lights. At some point I may try to change-out the rear lenses for the ones that have the center part dark. - Gmoosevt.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Forgot to ask about your running boards. Are they the Mopar off-road ones?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Short or long bed? How much $$ was the cap, installed? Looks nice. I want to get one too. Did you shop different brands? I had a Leer on my last truck. It was just OK. The rear latching mechanism wore-out too soon.
Forgot to ask about your running boards. Are they the Mopar off-road ones?

Short bed. I love the way it looks, but I am not too impressed with the quality of the fit and finish. I went the ARE because of the internal skeleton system option that I plan to use for racks/shelves. The weather seals and window framing seem really cheaply done. Paint has quite a few imperfections and they use different keys for the side doors and the rear window. I also thought the interior skeleton system was flush against the ceiling of the cap. It's not and my fault for not researching it more. It should still function fine for my purpopses, but for $3k I was expecting a more professional product. Most dealers include install with their quotes.

Those aren't running boards. They are rock sliders from White Knuckle Offroad. They've protected my truck from damage well. They start at $900. I added the HD option. They weigh over 200 pounds. They are overkill for most people.

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Short bed. I love the way it looks, but I am not too impressed with the quality of the fit and finish. I went the ARE because of the internal skeleton system option that I plan to use for racks/shelves. The weather seals and window framing seem really cheaply done. Paint has quite a few imperfections and they use different keys for the side doors and the rear window. I also thought the interior skeleton system was flush against the ceiling of the cap. It's not and my fault for not researching it more. It should still function fine for my purpopses, but for $3k I was expecting a more professional product. Most dealers include install with their quotes.

Those aren't running boards. They are rock sliders from White Knuckle Offroad. They've protected my truck from damage well. They start at $900. I added the HD option. They weigh over 200 pounds. They are overkill for most people.
Great. Thanks for all the info. I’ll shop around some more for my cap. Stay well - Gmoosevt.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Great. Thanks for all the info. I’ll shop around some more for my cap. Stay well - Gmoosevt.

I will say, this is my first cap so the issues I mentioned could be on par from other manufactures. I'm pretty picky about my products.

Users who are viewing this thread