5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram “Built To Serve” Models and New Hydro Blue Rebel Models, About To Ship Out:

CJR28

Reaction score
New member here, previously had a 2017 Ram express quad cab. Saw my local dealer here in NY was getting a black package Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Ramboxes in stock so I went a few days ago to run numbers and they came back with a good number so i said i would be in touch. I Called today and they said they had it in their lot so i said i would take it, turned out to be a blacked out Built To Serve edition. I took it for a quick test drive and was thoroughly impressed so i signed the papers and drove off with it. What a huge difference from my express, its hard to believe I paid what i did for it. This truck is almost fully loaded minus ventilated seats, its practically a fully loaded big horn. The truck has leather(pleather) seats. The black metal bumpers with the black package look absolutely gorgeous! Almost went for a Tundra but i wound up getting more truck for way less. If you can find a good deal i highly recommend you jump for it. I will post pics, Good luck hunting

JustMe

Reaction score
Amazing! What is the tan color called? I want that. I was going to go with the green, but that FDE/black combo is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Question . . . I know what it's called as a Non-Built-to-Serve" edition -- Gator (see any Jeep JT; JT Forums).
One thing I've discovered about most, colored Clear Coat Finishes (not sure about white or black) is that they tend to sometimes drastically "appear" a different color in Varying Light Conditions . I know this as I have a 2016 75th Anniversary grand Cherokee in the Anniversary color - Recon Green . Amazing in sunlight, darker, black-like or dark forest green on cloudy days or at night under dim lighting .
The Gator can sometimes appear to be the Gobi Color and vice-versa (again see a JT) . Gobi is Jeeps "TAN" - think the Gobi Desert sand color . Never saw an alligator up close so I "***-u-me" Gators are a "greenish" color ? Ha .

Side Question ? What military service is the Black representing ? Other than knowing (1st hand) that the "Navy Dress Blues" changed from (real) Navy Blue to Black (1990's) I can't figure the color choice !?.

prodriguezsas

Reaction score
Picked up a "gator" built to serve edition yesterday. Same day the dealer got it. According to the GM, large dealers were only getting one - and they were all calling each other to try and buy them from one another if they had one. Or maybe he just told me that to sell me (although I was sold because I called 4 other dealers who sold theirs on the 1st day). This is my first RAM, lifelong GM truck guy, and I'm pretty excited!

IowaRam

Reaction score
New member here, previously had a 2017 Ram express quad cab. Saw my local dealer here in NY was getting a black package Ram 1500 Bighorn with the Ramboxes in stock so I went a few days ago to run numbers and they came back with a good number so i said i would be in touch. I Called today and they said they had it in their lot so i said i would take it, turned out to be a blacked out Built To Serve edition. I took it for a quick test drive and was thoroughly impressed so i signed the papers and drove off with it. What a huge difference from my express, its hard to believe I paid what i did for it. This truck is almost fully loaded minus ventilated seats, its practically a fully loaded big horn. The truck has leather(pleather) seats. The black metal bumpers with the black package look absolutely gorgeous! Almost went for a Tundra but i wound up getting more truck for way less. If you can find a good deal i highly recommend you jump for it. I will post pics, Good luck hunting

I also got a deal that is nearly hard to believe. I'm a new member so not sure if it's appropriate etiquette to discuss. The dealer i purchased it from (whom is the largest RAM dealer in Midwest, had no idea what it was, and I think they made a mistake selling it to me at the price they did. Massive value in the built-to-serve if you compare it to what you would spend on putting those options on a big horn. Plus you get the unique options as well.

IowaRam

Reaction score
Good Question . . . I know what it's called as a Non-Built-to-Serve" edition -- Gator (see any Jeep JT; JT Forums).
One thing I've discovered about most, colored Clear Coat Finishes (not sure about white or black) is that they tend to sometimes drastically "appear" a different color in Varying Light Conditions . I know this as I have a 2016 75th Anniversary grand Cherokee in the Anniversary color - Recon Green . Amazing in sunlight, darker, black-like or dark forest green on cloudy days or at night under dim lighting .
The Gator can sometimes appear to be the Gobi Color and vice-versa (again see a JT) . Gobi is Jeeps "TAN" - think the Gobi Desert sand color . Never saw an alligator up close so I "***-u-me" Gators are a "greenish" color ? Ha .

Side Question ? What military service is the Black representing ? Other than knowing (1st hand) that the "Navy Dress Blues" changed from (real) Navy Blue to Black (1990's) I can't figure the color choice !?.

According to some of the original press release material back in 11/19 the color breakdowns are as follows:

1582757444368.png

So the black and green are both Army.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. Nice, what color did you end up with and are there any photos ?

IowaRam

Reaction score
Picked up a "gator" built to serve edition yesterday. Same day the dealer got it. According to the GM, large dealers were only getting one - and they were all calling each other to try and buy them from one another if they had one. Or maybe he just told me that to sell me (although I was sold because I called 4 other dealers who sold theirs on the 1st day). This is my first RAM, lifelong GM truck guy, and I'm pretty excited!

Congrats on the built to serve. I picked up a black one on 2/22. My dealer, whom is largest in midwest didn't even know what it was haha. I called the morning it was shown on their website because one i knew it was limited run and i liked the package and two the price was too good to be true. I put a deposit down the day that day, and flew down the next day.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that we have a new branch of service (USSF United States Space Force) I wonder when the first recognition of a new color theme for any product will come out....

Logo.jpg Logo Back.jpg

CJR28

Reaction score
I also got a deal that is nearly hard to believe. I'm a new member so not sure if it's appropriate etiquette to discuss. The dealer i purchased it from (whom is the largest RAM dealer in Midwest, had no idea what it was, and I think they made a mistake selling it to me at the price they did. Massive value in the built-to-serve if you compare it to what you would spend on putting those options on a big horn. Plus you get the unique options as well.
Yeah the same thing here, my dealer had no clue about this edition and also wasn't aware of the special features.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So can you get a built to serve edition with the level 2 package? All of the ones that I have seen only have the level 1 package.

CJR28

Reaction score
So can you get a built to serve edition with the level 2 package? All of the ones that I have seen only have the level 1 package.
Yes, mine has the level 2 package, tow package(3.92), led light package, and the ramboxes. The pleather/vinyl bucket seats are a nice touch too. Almost forgot about the black powder coated aluminum bumpers

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Now that we have a new branch of service (USSF United States Space Force) I wonder when the first recognition of a new color theme for any product will come out....

View attachment 47763 View attachment 47764
I've seen renderings for USSF and all I can say is think "Star Trek". There was another announcement today from SECAF for departmental priorities. There's a "contest" to determine what to call USSF personnel since they're no longer USAF and can't be called "airmen".

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen renderings for USSF and all I can say is think "Star Trek". There was another announcement today from SECAF for departmental priorities. There's a "contest" to determine what to call USSF personnel since they're no longer USAF and can't be called "airmen".

I agree with the star trek look, LOL. The one above is official as of 2 weeks ago.

wmachines

Reaction score
My first post and just joined. Bought my Built to Serve on Tuesday. They are available only in Big Horn. The musts are BH level two package with Built to Serve. Then addes options from there. I am a FCA employee. My truck was 52264.00 msrp. After employee and rebates 41629.00. The BTS has the off road package with ele locking axel. I happen to work at SHAP were we build the trucks. Taylor Telegraph Ram in Michigan is getting 5 BTS trucks. 3 Gator greens and 2 blacks. They have one on the lot and others in transit. Paint cide for Gator is PVG.

Attachments

• 20200225_124654.jpg
    20200225_124654.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200225_124923.jpg
    20200225_124923.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200220_075429.jpg
    20200220_075429.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 63

2020RamSport

Reaction score
The BTS has the off road package with ele locking axel.

The two I saw at my local dealership didn't have the locking axle. It wasn't listed on the sticker, and there was no button for it anywhere on the dashboard.

wmachines

Reaction score
The two I saw at my local dealership didn't have the locking axle. It wasn't listed on the sticker, and there was no button for it anywhere on the dashboard.
The Built tovseve includes Off Riad Oackage. These options are part of package. Screenshot_20200303-062436_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread