5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many trolls?

highgear2005

Reaction score
I’ve read too many forms, guys bitching and complaining! Yes these truck have some issues, but don’t all brands? My question is this. Do other auto makers employ people to poison each other forms? Seems like so many forms are are small bs issues here. I know my truck isn’t perfect and I don’t expect it to be. Nothing is! Yes I realize once I drive it off the lot it’s already outdated and the next big thing will be available, isn’t that true with everything? Build a big new house and tomorrow someone will build a bigger one beside you. Im not married to and brand and have owned many trucks. All my FCA autos have been reliable and fun to drive. From my 97 Jeep my 04 Dakota and my wife’s 10 charger. All I’m really saying is chill, relax and spend more time with your children!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing gets a fella ranting on the internets faster than a defective purchase. Go on any forum, cars, trucks, ovens... all trolls barking about class action this and class action that.

Put it all into perspective and this is actually one of the best forums of any manufacturer or product I've seen in a long time. Great group, great help.

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Nothing gets a fella ranting on the internets faster than a defective purchase. Go on any forum, cars, trucks, ovens... all trolls barking about class action this and class action that.

Put it all into perspective and this is actually one of the best forums of any manufacturer or product I've seen in a long time. Great group, great help.
I’ll second that! Coming from all Fords and following too many Ford forums over time I can say the complaints are everywhere. I’m just fortunate to have a great dealer and service advisor that I can call with an issue and have fixed quickly. This forum is great and my Ram has been great as well.

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is trolling the board, especially other manufacturers. I think the biggest issue, is spending 50K on a new truck, and repeatedly taking it back to the dealership for small problems. When dropping that much money on a new truck, you want it to be perfect, or at least close to it.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
x2 on all of the above, I get it though, especially when spending $50 K and up (like up to over $70 USD) and then not being happy. When that happens then it's natural to beetch, whine and complain to anyone who will listen.
The troll posts are usually "XX brand sucks" or "I'll never buy a XX again because it had a flaw in the zz". Those are fairly easy to spot and delete/hit the ignore button.

Give me the title and keys to any brand vehicle and I'll drive it or at least sell it, I don't really care. I'm a bit spoiled now after driving the 19' Limited but would I accept my old 72' F100, yep, especially since it was 5% of the cost to purchase.

Reactions: Jtr

Snakes709

Reaction score
I have never had more issues then I did with my rams. I get all vehicles have issues but when you spend $60k+ and your truck spends more time at the dealership then on the road, its time to jump ship.
Ended up trading my 16’ ram in for a 19 due to air ride constantly ****ting the bed, leaving me with no vehicle to drive. Got my 19 ram and had 5 issues in 3 months. Got rid of that after 3 months and got into a 19 gmc sierra at4 and couldnt be happier. Only issue i have had is some weird glitch that says to service 4wd system. 2min fix and im on my way.
But if you go on the sierra forums, alot of people are having issues with their brakes locking up after a recall and if they use the gmc app. I havent had this issue. Coming up on 12,000kms and im so glad i got away from rams.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a troll here but I’ve moved on from my 5th Gen. Ram. Had a 4th before it. With that said.....

Before Ram, I came from Ford forums and now I find myself on Toyota forums. I can honestly say that this forum and other Ram forums have by far more complaints than the prior or current forums I visit.

As evidence of the amount of differing complaints on Ram forums about issues and differing servicing dealer results, I honestly believe that Ram has quality control and training issues. I even defended some of those issues on this forum just passing the issues as end user error but as my truck aged, so did my issues and I ate crow.

I still love everything about the Ram, less the issues but until they are engineered and service proven, I’ll look past the brand in the future.

ldoh

Reaction score
Vehicle enthusiast forums are probably equally balanced with critical owners and fan bois. The latter are sometimes more vociferous than someone trying to understand an issue or vent on what is likely to be their second most expensive purchase.

I've seen some vehicle forums where fan bois suddenly appear presenting themselves as the authority and never let a critical comment go without a time consuming response. And they maintain a presence in those threads until they die. It always made me wonder if they were paid to prop up the vehicle manufacturer's reputation.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As has been said, many people with problems find forums to complain about their problems thats a fact. But I can tell you that after working in dealership service years ago that a lot of people are hard to please and many are super sensitive to the slightest sounds, vibrations, etc. My Ram has 10,500 miles in it and hasn’t been back to the dealer for anything. Do I periodically hear a groan from the rear brakes when the truck is cold and backing out of the driveway...yeah, do I sometimes hear some wind noise with strong cross winds...yeah but those are not things that i will inconvenience my life with taking it to a dealership and go through that gaggle. I turn the music up and keep on keeping on. My truck is not a loaded limited or longhorn and I know for certain that the more advanced technological options a truck has , the greater statistical chances that problems will occur. So far other than the AC sucking, which I fixed with $10 in parts I have no complaints with my truck. Will I buy another Ram when I get my next truck....who knows, I’m not brand loyal in any way.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I’m kinda in between ColoradoCub and troutspinner. I’m half deaf so don’t hear the sounds that bother others. I do feel trans clunks and note poor ac performance. I would notice 12“ screen issues if I had them, which I don't (disclaimer, if they only seem to crop up when using the specialty screens and music and ask Seri and all that, then I don’t know what they are). As long as the hemi moves out, the ZF is smooth, the brakes stop etc... then I’m good.

My F150 2.7 ecoboost was a great motor and a good ride (nothing rides like the RAM though) however I was worried about the twin turbos and the direct injection, having read too many forum threads about them.

Yes everyone has a different take. If you like a GM then fine, enjoy your truck. Same with ol’ blue oval. I can’t quite see the Tundra as being anything wonderful due to it being rather dated yet its a solid truck. There’s one in the employee lot and it seems like its better put together than the one 2018 Titan I also see parked there. In short, toss me your title and keys and I’ll be happy.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I consider myself a Ford guy even though I now have a RAM. I loved my F150 2.7L Ecoboost, zero issues in the 4-years I owned that truck.

My 2019 RAM Rebel is been my favorite truck of all time, I have only owned it half a year, but zero issues, smooth in every way, no leaks, everything is perfect so far, even the body panel gaps are great, which is hard to get right on a big truck.

That being said, my buddy just bought a new Silverado at the same time I bought my RAM, and he has had water leaks, tranny issues and other stuff where he wishes he bought a RAM for F150. Of course we have heard the opposite on this very thread, I think it's just the way it is sometimes regardless of what you buy.

However, I will say this, the one thing I am worried by that I see different compared to other brands is about service. I think FCA has sold so many trucks, Jeeps and Challengers/Chargers recently, that their service departments aren't up to the task. All my service shops in my city have noticeably lower satisfactory scores than the GM or Ford service shops. I guess I'll find out soon how good or bad they really are, but hoping for good!

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read too many forms, guys bitching and complaining! Yes these truck have some issues, but don’t all brands? My question is this. Do other auto makers employ people to poison each other forms? Seems like so many forms are are small bs issues here. I know my truck isn’t perfect and I don’t expect it to be. Nothing is! Yes I realize once I drive it off the lot it’s already outdated and the next big thing will be available, isn’t that true with everything? Build a big new house and tomorrow someone will build a bigger one beside you. Im not married to and brand and have owned many trucks. All my FCA autos have been reliable and fun to drive. From my 97 Jeep my 04 Dakota and my wife’s 10 charger. All I’m really saying is chill, relax and spend more time with your children!

Manufacturers don't have to pay anyone to troll. There are more than enough overzealous fanboys whose blind faith loyalty commands them to falsely ping a competitive site. It's all in a name. A Ram truck will never be good enough for them, even if it was made out of solid gold. I don't know about you folks, but the overwhelming majority of the Ram haters I've known have never, ever owned one, much less any Chrysler product.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029260 miles.

Happiicamper

Reaction score
As has been said, many people with problems find forums to complain about their problems thats a fact. But I can tell you that after working in dealership service years ago that a lot of people are hard to please and many are super sensitive to the slightest sounds, vibrations, etc. My Ram has 10,500 miles in it and hasn’t been back to the dealer for anything. Do I periodically hear a groan from the rear brakes when the truck is cold and backing out of the driveway...yeah, do I sometimes hear some wind noise with strong cross winds...yeah but those are not things that i will inconvenience my life with taking it to a dealership and go through that gaggle. I turn the music up and keep on keeping on. My truck is not a loaded limited or longhorn and I know for certain that the more advanced technological options a truck has , the greater statistical chances that problems will occur. So far other than the AC sucking, which I fixed with $10 in parts I have no complaints with my truck. Will I buy another Ram when I get my next truck....who knows, I’m not brand loyal in any way.

Curious, what did U do to your AC?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I consider myself a Ford guy even though I now have a RAM. I loved my F150 2.7L Ecoboost, zero issues in the 4-years I owned that truck.

My 2019 RAM Rebel is been my favorite truck of all time, I have only owned it half a year, but zero issues, smooth in every way, no leaks, everything is perfect so far, even the body panel gaps are great, which is hard to get right on a big truck.

That being said, my buddy just bought a new Silverado at the same time I bought my RAM, and he has had water leaks, tranny issues and other stuff where he wishes he bought a RAM for F150. Of course we have heard the opposite on this very thread, I think it's just the way it is sometimes regardless of what you buy.

However, I will say this, the one thing I am worried by that I see different compared to other brands is about service. I think FCA has sold so many trucks, Jeeps and Challengers/Chargers recently, that their service departments aren't up to the task. All my service shops in my city have noticeably lower satisfactory scores than the GM or Ford service shops. I guess I'll find out soon how good or bad they really are, but hoping for good!
Well hopefully your RAM will continue to not need service other than simply maintenance. Like many have said before, you can have a bad Ford, GM, or RAM product and your neighbor can have a wonderful experience or vice versa.

I too came from the F150 2.7 eco-boost world and was satisfied with it, however this trucks interior, ride and fit/finish as well as purchase cost blew Ford away. (And I did not get the wonderful June pricing.)

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious, what did U do to your AC?

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain,
and most fools do.
- Benjamin Franklin

Users who are viewing this thread