5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phone holder for the "Ram"

derp

Reaction score
not bad at all. not something that I would use in mine, but it beats the hell out of the universal vent mount setups.

C0ps

Reaction score
Looks sturdy but 2 concerns of mine:

1. When you push down to clamp the mount into the open slot. It must scratch the bezel pretty badly.

2. What's wrong with the phone mount our rams come with?

DesertRebel

Reaction score
Looks sturdy but 2 concerns of mine:

1. When you push down to clamp the mount into the open slot. It must scratch the bezel pretty badly.

2. What's wrong with the phone mount our rams come with?
I had the same concern about scratching... my other concern is - blocking part of the vent (that's a big deal when its triple digits 24/7 for three months straight).

I do like the idea of having better access than the built in phone channel/holder.

heydre

Reaction score
Wonder how brittle the plastic might become and you may have to add a swivel base since reviews at ProClips mention the phone is not at a great angle for glancing at it. Not to mention it's around 75 for the mount and base but I do like it's not on window in direct sunlight and still catches some cool air without blocking.

COSPILOT

Reaction score
I thought I wanted a mount when I first got the truck, but I’ve learned to just use the BT interface, even for texts. Most often the phone goes either in the storage area directly south of the cup holders, or I just set it in the armrest. Seems to never move and it’s almost impossible to drive aggressively in Maui. I rarely use the magnetic charger as it seems like my phone will get way to hot when heavily used, especially when using streaming services and google maps at the same time, but only when combined with charging. Plus I hate clutter..

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We recently released a DirectFit Magnetic Phone Mount for the Dodge RAM 1500 / 2500 / 3500 / 4500 / 5500 (2019+ New Body) and have received great reviews so far!

Phone Mount:

Install Video:

View attachment 66251
View attachment 66252

Sold...i ordered it just now (y) (y) !

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this is what I have installed. Plugged it into the power socket, rotated so my phone is in landscape mode, and only $25. Bought it from amazon.

super easy to remove when I put my windshield shade up.

PsychoBilly

Reaction score
We recently released a DirectFit Magnetic Phone Mount for the Dodge RAM 1500 / 2500 / 3500 / 4500 / 5500 (2019+ New Body) and have received great reviews so far!

Phone Mount:

Install Video:

View attachment 66251
View attachment 66252
Does the magnet interfere with wireless charging?

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you guys know how the charging system works in the ram?no cable is necessary just put it in place and thats it.

IF that came with your truck...

And yes I could install it, but sight wise it’s rather low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't see the video, but I just use the factory phone holder channel thing. There's never been a need to view my phone while driving that I would want it anywhere else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200822-221723.png
    Screenshot_20200822-221723.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 89

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't see the video, but I just use the factory phone holder channel thing. There's never been a need to view my phone while driving that I would want it anywhere else.

The phone mounts (in my opinion) offer much better angles and vision while driving. And having a wireless charging option that doesn’t require a case change is pretty nice.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The phone mounts (in my opinion) offer much better angles and vision while driving. And having a wireless charging option that doesn’t require a case change is pretty nice.

Guess I don't see the need for seeing the phone while driving with phone connected either Bluetooth it android auto with cord. and if plugged in for Android auto it charges faster than through wireless.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess I don't see the need for seeing the phone while driving with phone connected either Bluetooth it android auto with cord. and if plugged in for Android auto it charges faster than through wireless.

I’ll use it for NAV and for Spotify. Not a fan of apple car play

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IF that came with your truck...

And yes I could install it, but sight wise it’s rather low

you will not need a cable cause its plug in you lighter so it charging your phone and holding it at the same time.he asked how can you charge with out the cable.none is needed.you can charge a phone and not need a cable,whether your truck came with one or not.you can still charge it by using that type of holder cause it in the lighter.

PsychoBilly

Reaction score
you guys know how the charging system works in the ram?no cable is necessary just put it in place and thats it.
I was referring to in home wireless charging. I dont want to have to take the case off. My ram doesn't have the wireless charging. The trough in the console sits to low for me. I want something up near the 8.4 screen.

I ordered the Course Motorsports mount last night. I'll report back. It looks like a solid mount.

Users who are viewing this thread