5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Themes not working

Rick3019

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the 2020s are having the same problem with the theme color reverting back to factory default I was just wondering if they are still selling trucks with a well known problem

SColang22

Reaction score
Hi Rick3019,

I sincerely regret to hear of the frustration associated with your situation. Please know that you may send us a PM by hovering your mouse over our picture icon and selecting the 'Start Conversation' button. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mark
RamCares
Is there any update as to when the screen theme reverting back to default will be fixed? We keep being told with the next software update and that has obviously not been true.

Turin

Reaction score
Is there any update as to when the screen theme reverting back to default will be fixed? We keep being told with the next software update and that has obviously not been true.
Has there even been a software update?

spinxt

Reaction score
I received an update USB drive that didn’t work. I haven’t had a chance to go back to the dealer. My Uconnect system in my Jeep got updates at least twice a year. To think the ram DTs have been out 1-1/2 years with little or no updates is pretty shocking to me.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
whats wierd is my 12" screen does not have the rebel theme in the menu. i only have 4 themes to pick from.

LincolnSixAlpha

Reaction score
Have a 2020 Rebel and the first thing I went to go search was themes. I was surprised that I didn't have any, so I wasn't sure if FCA provided them in the RAM series as my 2018 JL Rubicon had like 17 themes or so. I have the 8.4 no nav, so maybe I'm not privileged enough to have them I figured.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
whats wierd is my 12" screen does not have the rebel theme in the menu. i only have 4 themes to pick from.
I’ve always assumed it was the Red “Ram 1500” setting that you see, because of the red trim in the rebel. I only have 4 in my Limited as well.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I have had some really glitchy issues with the 12-inch Uconnect system since getting my truck. Dropping phone calls (so the person on the other end can't hear you but you can hear them), unsaved presets (fixed thanks to people on the forums here), as well as the screen showing the backup camera over the NAV screen. But all my themes have worked flawlessly. I run the Rebel theme on my truck and it has never reverted back. I have more video of the 12-Inch issues I have on the 10,000 mile review video coming this next week on our long-term Laramie Sport

20200124_135732.jpg

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
No its for the 8.4". Its updated over the air.
Does it notify you when it gets updated? I have not seen any updates on mine. Would you mind posting what version you are on so I can check mine?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea they’ve kicked out two since I bought in Jan of 2019
No its for the 8.4". Its updated over the air.
Interesting. My truck was built December 2018 and I bought it (new) in March 2019. I've never received any OTA updates, the uConnect website says I have the latest software, and the dealership told me I have the latest software also (2 weeks ago).

I would love a software update to get rid of many of my glitches (BSOD, black screen, no audio, no backup camera) ...and the update for the theme issue that's been "right around the corner" since I bought the truck.

stepbill

Reaction score
I opened a case through RAM Cares who I think could care less. They still don't know when it will be done. I spoke with them this week. I had to create a ticket through my dealership proving that this is happening. Like they don't know already!

flyingron

Reaction score
My 2020 Limited has five. The rebel one is kind of cool, I use that one now. I'm moving the gauges around on the instrument panel every few days to see how long it takes my wife to notice.

spinxt

Reaction score
Have a 2020 Rebel and the first thing I went to go search was themes. I was surprised that I didn't have any, so I wasn't sure if FCA provided them in the RAM series as my 2018 JL Rubicon had like 17 themes or so. I have the 8.4 no nav, so maybe I'm not privileged enough to have them I figured.
8.4 non-nav doesn’t have themes

SColang22

Reaction score
Interesting. My truck was built December 2018 and I bought it (new) in March 2019. I've never received any OTA updates, the uConnect website says I have the latest software, and the dealership told me I have the latest software also (2 weeks ago).

I would love a software update to get rid of many of my glitches (BSOD, black screen, no audio, no backup camera) ...and the update for the theme issue that's been "right around the corner" since I bought the truck.
They release one in May. I forget when the other one was. You won’t get notified the software updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online