5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Ding

Tipsterpfd

Reaction score
Ding Repair
Anyone ever repair there a small ding with a painrless repair kit and has a recommendation on which works well.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have pics of the ding? I tend to agree with the above post that a dent repair company can work magic for not a lot of money. Just make sure you go to someone good! If it's a tiny chip as opposed to a dent you can try some touch up paint but for a dent I would do as stated above

AnthonyJS02

Reaction score
I've got a crease in my door from someone's else's door hitting it. Didn't break the paint but can see in right angle. Can those be fixed by this process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custompainter99

Reaction score
Its typically $50-$80 depending on the size. Its an art and you can do more damage than good. Leave it to the pro's to finesse it out.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got a door ding this past week under the passenger front door handle of my truck. With the doors being aluminum I was just wondering if anyone experienced any issues with professionals fixing them or increased cost?

79 300

Reaction score
I had a small ding in my passenger door taken out by a PDR shop. It was at the lower crease, about 6" up from the bottom. They charged me $100 if I remember correctly. It seemed a bit pricey, but they did a perfect job. The doors are steel on these trucks- take a magnet to it. The hood and tailgate are aluminum though.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Just got a door ding this past week under the passenger front door handle of my truck. With the doors being aluminum I was just wondering if anyone experienced any issues with professionals fixing them or increased cost?

I have one there too, albeit my fault for letting the door tap a car's sideview mirror. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the metal seems thinner/flimsier than my '04 Ram. Nonetheless, my auto detailer was able to get some of the ding out. I'd say it's about 50% better but still noticeable..at least to me. I will say if you're going to have a door ding, at least that spot isn't as obvious as right in the middle fo the door.

Last edited:

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one there too, albeit my fault for letting the door tap a car's sideview mirror. I don't know if it's my imagination, but the metal seems thinned/flimsier than my '04 Ram. Nonetheless, my auto detailer was able to get some of the ding out. I'd say it's about 50% better but still noticeable..at least to me. I will say if you're going to have a door ding, at least that spot isn't as obvious as right in the middle fo the door.
the sheet metal is definitely really flimsy. try noticing the sheet metal vibrate next time you close your rear door. also, i always shut my doors really quietly when i go hunting, by pushing it until it latches. well i almost panicked when i felt my door handle "pop" in the first time i did this on my rebel. no damage occurred, as it popped back out. but yeah the metal is flimsy lol

Users who are viewing this thread