5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
So apparently they have finally got the update out and working. If your Uconnect app still isn't working and you haven't updated, go to your dealer and ask to get it done. It may take a few days but it should get things working for you.
Unless they're also updating infrastructure it makes no sense that it took a few days, but if it works, it works!

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Called my dealer. This update, RRT 19-094 was applied to my truck at PDI 11/27/2019 so it's not the update they've been talking about (if that even exists) and doesn't correct the issue...at least not for me.

Tomj

Reaction score
Having the same issue since purchasing my truck back in July. Took it in for an oil change and told the tech about tsb 18-114-19. He said he sees it but said it has not been released officially so he can't do the update. Instead, they want me to leave my truck so they can troubleshoot the issue. I am beyond frustrated.

BlackSophie

Reaction score
This sucks, but honestly, the dealer bought you off for a couple hundred dollars. If you're happy with that, that's OK. I'd be pretty upset about it especially after a year of no satisfaction.
Read the complete post. Ive had this problem since day one. December 17, 2018 is a year from purchase and free SXM activation. I have not had the use of the SXM/uconnect remote start for an entire year. If SXM expires I cannot test the system when the new update is installed. Ram did the right thing here. They purchased another year of SXM for my truck so they could continue to troubleshoot the issue. They continue to work the problem. Nobody is getting bought off or let off the hook.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Read the complete post. Ive had this problem since day one. December 17, 2018 is a year from purchase and free SXM activation. I have not had the use of the SXM/uconnect remote start for an entire year. If SXM expires I cannot test the system when the new update is installed. Ram did the right thing here. They purchased another year of SXM for my truck so they could continue to troubleshoot the issue. They continue to work the problem. Nobody is getting bought off or let off the hook.
I read it. They're buying you. If they haven't figured it out in a year, they're not trying to resolve it. This will never be corrected, I'd bet a paycheck on it.

Gwok

Reaction score
Problem fixed. 2020 Limited 12.1 Uconnect early October build. Just had the dealer perform the Uconnect software update RRT 19-094. All commands from the app now work even if letting the vehicle sit overnight. As a sidenote which I’ll post on a separate topic they also reset the BCM to fix an issue with the auto high beams not working.

jhoran

Reaction score
2020 Rebel w/12in screen bought 2 weeks ago. I have same problem app does not work when it sits for awhile but will work after an ignition event. I will try the clear personal data fix and see what happens.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is dumb as hell. Used the app for the first time last night before leaving work. App says request received, but truck is doing nothing. Tested it today, even immediately after turning the truck off, nothing. My assist app says services aren't active. I'm sorry - what? Website says they are, and truck shows it's getting an LTE signal. I input my information into the truck's screen to activate and it never does anything.

Called support. They're doing that 24 personal data reset or some crap like that. Tried my own personal data reset in the truck and let it sit for an hour. Didn't help.

Called dealer #1. 2 weeks for an appointment, and they can't find the TSB number I gave them from 2 pages ago. Call dealer #2, this time with the RRT number, and they say they'll have to bring the truck in to look it up. The advisor then tells me the dumbest **** I’ve ever heard: "the latest phones aren't compatible with uConnect last I heard, including the iPhone 10 Max and iPhone 11." Instead of arguing with this stupid response, I ask why the Mopar owner website commands don't work either? "I'm not sure, have never heard of that website, you'll just have to bring it in."

Brilliant. My 2019 trucks never had an issue, yet my 2020 does. Way to regress in software stability RAM, and waste my time trying to get this stupid **** fixed.

Edit: Sirius resetting my truck on their end has fixed my not-working-whatsoever problem. We'll see if it works tonight after the truck sits at work.

Last edited:

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I have seen similar. Sometimes I have to send the command twice to get it to work. Also, the confirmation signal seems a bit flaky. In the end, I always get it to work.

It hasn't been fixed for long, and I don't use it a lot, so I haven't had time to flush out what conditions coincide with these issues.

Just to follow up on this..... I was able to get reimbursed by FCA for another year of Sirius Guardian. Since the two are separate, I had to pay Sirius and get reimbursed by FCA, but it was relatively painless. The person I spoke to at FCA was aware of this particular issue and processed my claim with no push-back whatsoever.

It's really not worth $250/year, but it is convenient to have. Hopefully, with pressure from their competitors, FCA determines that this just needs to be part the cost of supporting a vehicle and works a deal with Sirius (or develops something themselves). At the very least, it should be included for something like 5 years, or cost MUCH less.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me it was an easy decision, I am not going to subscribe to a service that maybe worked 25% of the time during my free trial. It seems like I am getting mailings and emails at least twice weekly to sign up for 6 months for $60. Even if it was free, given my experience with the poor performance, I probably still would try to use it unless some rare emergency.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I have had the same issue with my truck that I bought in October. I took it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and there is an update of some sort that fixed it. Has worked ever since. But, they did knock out my Android Auto while they were fooling with it so another trip back is planned.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
For me it was an easy decision, I am not going to subscribe to a service that maybe worked 25% of the time during my free trial. It seems like I am getting mailings and emails at least twice weekly to sign up for 6 months for $60. Even if it was free, given my experience with the poor performance, I probably still would try to use it unless some rare emergency.
Yep. I'm going to call sirius/guardian and let them know that the only reason I'm not subscribing is that Ram won't fix it and make it work. Why would anyone pay for something that is known to not work?

Reactions: Jtr

LamboMitch

Reaction score
similar problems you guys said. i have a 2020 and same deal. now when i connect through guardian and have them do it no problem. i can do it from my app and all good. next am doesn't work anymore. extremely frustrating indeed! gonna ask the dealer and see if they have any new updates for it. when i asked guardian they did all they could and said bring it to the dealer.

jhoran

Reaction score
i cleared my personal data and pulled the neg battery cable. All my apps came back and my assist and sos buttons stared working the next day. i did not pair my phone until everything started working again. Paired my phone and engine start does not work. When I send the command my dash lights come on but the engine does not start. Truck location works and send and go works. Mopar website will not start truck either. Very frustrating I switched to ram from gm. Onstar worked every time from everywhere and it was free. Going to bring it to the dealer to find out if there’s a system update.
2020 Rebel 5.7 eTorque

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
i cleared my personal data and pulled the neg battery cable. All my apps came back and my assist and sos buttons stared working the next day. i did not pair my phone until everything started working again. Paired my phone and engine start does not work. When I send the command my dash lights come on but the engine does not start. Truck location works and send and go works. Mopar website will not start truck either. Very frustrating I switched to ram from gm. Onstar worked every time from everywhere and it was free. Going to bring it to the dealer to find out if there’s a system update.
2020 Rebel 5.7 eTorque
Same as mine. It receives the initial command within 8-10 seconds, then does nothing. I now send the first command, count to 12, shut the app down, restart the app and send again. Works every time.

It's nice that I have to do this BS workaround on a $72000.00 truck that is supposed to be FCA's flagship vehicle. If Sirius thinks I'll ever pay for this they're nuts.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I see every one is still having issues. I had the same issues and brought mine to the dealership recently and it has been fixed. Works every time now. I encourage you to go to your dealer and get the update.

jhoran

Reaction score
What is the latest version of firmware / software? I have the 12in.

TrackDay

Reaction score
The RRT isn't valid for my VIN. I'm pretty bummed. This has been going on for well over a year now and still no fix.

TrackDay

Reaction score
The dealer replaced my RF Hub today which means it also has the latest software. No change. It still only works for 3 hours or so after a shutdown. As soon as I wake up the truck with my key fob the app works fine again.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealer replaced my RF Hub today which means it also has the latest software. No change. It still only works for 3 hours or so after a shutdown. As soon as I wake up the truck with my key fob the app works fine again.
I don’t believe swapping the RF Hub would resolve the problem or update the software. I could be wrong but I had the issue the first 9 months I owned the truck. They finally swapped my radio and it worked for a day or two then stopped again. I spent several days and hours on the phone with Uconnect and Sirius and low and behold it magically started working again. Been flawless ever since. They must have pushed something to my radio. I truly believe it’s in the Sirius end.

Users who are viewing this thread