5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine the rear windows are provided by a supplier, just like the sunroofs.

Shadow902

Reaction score
I just went to that website and filled out the forum under the Ram section for Canada. Hopefully this speeds the process up. My dealer said they took pictures and had to email them to someone. It's the first they heard of this issue of the rear window crack.

Hi Shadow902,

If you continue to work with your dealer to address this, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Update: picked the truck up after the dealer replaced the rear window,, it looks just like the original window, I cannot tell any design change. Dealer did a great job and never questioned the warranty work. Time will tell if they fixed the problem.

steindog

Reaction score
Update: picked the truck up after the dealer replaced the rear window,, it looks just like the original window, I cannot tell any design change. Dealer did a great job and never questioned the warranty work. Time will tell if they fixed the problem.
Are they covering these replacements beyond truck being 12 months into warranty period? I read rear window is covered for 12 months but maybe since there's so many of these windows having problems they're covering them up to 36 months?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are they covering these replacements beyond truck being 12 months into warranty period? I read rear window is covered for 12 months but maybe since there's so many of these windows having problems they're covering them up to 36 months?

Why only 12 months? The truck has a 3 year/36 k bumper to bumper. Everything is covered except consumables and external damage.

RamCares

Reaction score

Thank you for sharing this update, Florida Truck! So glad to hear you were in good hands with your dealer. Should you experience this or any other concerns down the road, please do not hesitate to reach out to us privately.

Mark
RamCares

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
What dealer did you use?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I guess that’s in lutz? I’m looking for great service and I’m not super thrilled with my current service advisor.

R

Rob5589

Picked mine up today. New window, looks like the previous one. Time will tell if it holds up.

The original I had tinted and the dealer/FCA were unwilling to budge on tinting the new one or any reimbursement. I won't have it done for a while until I trust it to not leak and/or crack.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Picked mine up today. New window, looks like the previous one. Time will tell if it holds up.

The original I had tinted and the dealer/FCA were unwilling to budge on tinting the new one or any reimbursement. I won't have it done for a while until I trust it to not leak and/or crack.
I wish I still had the check copy for my reimbursement for having to tint my rear window over but I definitely got a check from FCA. Found it... I was reimbursed 200+ tax of 7% 5AE4A7ED-DAE7-4B27-A7E1-D1454CB99260.jpeg 5AE4A7ED-DAE7-4B27-A7E1-D1454CB99260.jpeg

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Hmmm, guess I got the short end. Did the shop handle it for you, or did you contact them on your own?
My service advisor cleared it with FCA then I just had to send them a receipt for the tint being done so I had my tint guy give me a receipt for 200 for the back window and just had him redo my entire trucks tint.

steindog

Reaction score
Why only 12 months? The truck has a 3 year/36 k bumper to bumper. Everything is covered except consumables and external damage.
Believe me I hope this is true and this leak issue should be covered either way. The only reason I aske is because there is a sentence in the warranty somewhere that I believe states 12 months for rear window? Maybe I got it wrong? Hopefully!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Believe me I hope this is true and this leak issue should be covered either way. The only reason I aske is because there is a sentence in the warranty somewhere that I believe states 12 months for rear window? Maybe I got it wrong? Hopefully!
Had my rear window replaced last week, truck is almost 1 1/2 years old with 26k miles.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Gotcha, do you remember which booklet you saw that, I'm curious to know.

Users who are viewing this thread