5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed utility rails

Damion

Reaction score
Anybody have the part numbers for the inserts for the utility rail system. i had one pull out.
They aren’t cheap. About $16 cdn a piece. Better to find a nursert tool and have at it. Or you could take the route I went with mine and bolted them right through with nuts on the back side

Tomdio

Reaction score
Damion, how did you get a nut behind the bed? Also, There is no interferance with the bed lamps?

Damion

Reaction score
Damion, how did you get a nut behind the bed? Also, There is no interferance with the bed lamps?

I dropped my wheel well liners, removed both tail lights and reached in between the outer bedside and the inner box panels. Im not saying there was tons of room or it was super easy to do, but it is doable. I may have even created a few new yoga poses too.

It does take 2 people to do this though, one in the bed holding the bars, and holding the bolts in the hole / having a ratchet to tighten them once the nuts and washers are put on inside by the second person. I had my dad in the bed with an electric impact gun while I was under the truck with a wrench starting the nuts.

Theres ALL kinds of room for the bed lamps. No worries there. The nut washer system probably doesn't stick out much more than the real insert system does.

Users who are viewing this thread