5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring System comparison vs Stock

barakutha

Reaction score
How's the fitment? My MagnaFlow exhaust doesn't quite line up on the driver's side. I even brought it to a shop after I tried and they couldn't align it either.

Fits perfect

8553ad6eea632e863ff44797344c4126.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's the fitment? My MagnaFlow exhaust doesn't quite line up on the driver's side. I even brought it to a shop after I tried and they couldn't align it either.
There is a trick to improve the Magnaflow cat back alignment to bumper! If you take a big pair of slip joint (sometimes called water pump) pliers and force rubber block that hanger rod goes through in direction exhaust tip needs to move (basically get block to slide on rod) , then while holding block at the desired spot , add a medium/small screw hose clamp to rod and tighten to hold block at that position. This idea came from another member and worked perfect for me. Hope it helps. Here are some pics I still have. :cool: IMG_3012.jpg IMG_3013.jpg

Last edited:

ab46501

Reaction score
Would someone who has the Borla touring mind taking some rough measurements of the just the muffler for me or look to see if it has a part number on it? I am very familiar with the touring sound since we have a touring set up on my wife's Mustang. It sounds great but my truck is our travel vehicle and it would be a little louder than I would like on it. I was thinking of doing just a muffler swap with a Borla that was slightly larger than whatever they are using for the touring but need to know the rough size. Thanks in advance for any help!

J4U

Reaction score
Service writer and everyone in the lot turned their head this morning when I remote started it after leaving overnight for service.

Drove it in the service bay and I think people were expecting a sports version of Dodge products when they looked up.

Sorry, not sorry.

Wish I could have stayed and watch them start it back up and pull out. Yes, I'm older than 12

Todd1500

Reaction score
How is the sound level of the touring model compared to a stock 5.7 HEMI Challenger?

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
Resonator installed and it did quiet the Touring a touch. Wish it would have done more but better than it was.

Edit:

What I thought was great customer service from the site I bought the Touring from:

I saw it had a button to see about a deal. I clicked and filled out the form explaining how I bought the exhaust from them but it was too loud and was interested in the resonator. Not thinking anything if it.

15 minutes later I get an email for a one time use $50 off coupon for the resonator. Above and beyond and they were the lowest price to begin with.

They were also the lowest price on the exhaust as well, by quite a margin.

Where did you buy your exhaust?

Todd1500

Reaction score
It's MUCH louder than a stock 5.7 hemi charger. If that means anything lol.
Ok. That's interesting. But I'm pretty sure the Challenger is quite a bit louder than the Charger, no? To me, the Challenger sounds great. Just curious how it compares. I figure that several site members own multiple Mopar products.

Gumpa

Reaction score
Resonator installed and it did quiet the Touring a touch. Wish it would have done more but better than it was.
I too felt that the Touring was way too loud. I didn't really mind the noise outside but it was just too loud in the cab. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, not any more!
I had seen several posts saying the Borla resonator didn't quiet it enough, and it is way expensive for basically a small (5 x 10??) glasspack at over $200. I decided to just put a 6 x 14 round magnaflow muffler (#12619) in place of the factory front resonator and I am pretty happy with it. It definitely took it down a notch, I would still call it aggressive but no longer obnoxious.
$100 plus a couple clamps, can't beat that! Only downside is its 409 stainless, but so are the factory pipes up front.

barakutha

Reaction score
I too felt that the Touring was way too loud. I didn't really mind the noise outside but it was just too loud in the cab. This is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, not any more!
I had seen several posts saying the Borla resonator didn't quiet it enough, and it is way expensive for basically a small (5 x 10??) glasspack at over $200. I decided to just put a 6 x 14 round magnaflow muffler (#12619) in place of the factory front resonator and I am pretty happy with it. It definitely took it down a notch, I would still call it aggressive but no longer obnoxious.
$100 plus a couple clamps, can't beat that! Only downside is its 409 stainless, but so are the factory pipes up front.

Interesting.. I do love my touring, but it would be nice to quiet things down a tad in the cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Reactions: J4U

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
I believe this is an image of the Borla exhaust for our trucks. Quick question about the resonator addition... Where in the world does it go? Do you need two? Is it plug and play?

Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 10.21.07 AM.png

borla--60667--photo-primary.jpg

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score

BPA5150

Reaction score
Leif_Ram2019... did you install the resonator? I'm also in the group that thinks the touring is too aggressive. Borla calling it a "mild growl" is BS, more like a constant roar. Trying to determine if the resonator dampens it down enough or if I should save the expense and go a different route. Thanks.

BPA5150

Reaction score
PorBoy- didn't you go back to stock at one point (and didn't keep the OEM)? What did that cost? As much as the Borla? The shop cut out my stock system to make install a lot faster/cheaper.

Todd1500

Reaction score
I'm kind of a muscle car guy. I ordered my Borla Touring exhaust during the holiday sales. I don't mind the rumble of the HEMI Challengers, so I went with it. I don't even have my truck shipped yet! I'm just hoping I don't regret it and end up buying the overpriced resonator.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went back to stock but fortunately for me a great friend had a nib oem catback that he gave to me. But when I priced everything out at the dealership it was $600.00.

Users who are viewing this thread