5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I do it? Buying a 20 Ram 1500

MF2020

Reaction score
Love my new Ram. Superior to everything else I looked at to buy. Everything works great no issues at 2,700 miles. I have the Application to start the vehicle but never use it. Instead I just use the key fob. Can't imagine this is a deal breaker for anyone but "to each his own" I guess.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
To say that other trucks are inferior or that the Ram is better than all is just a moronic statement. It's a nice truck. Do other trucks do some things better, yes. Some worse, of course. One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is Jap trucks do suck.

I've had the truck for an hour, one thing I've noticed is that I cant seem to find a comfortable seating position vs my Denali. The seat puts pressure on my upper back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cravenfan

Reaction score

Tusch

Reaction score
After 3 Ford-F150 Platinum’s, I came to the dark side. :cool:
I lost a lot of low end power leaving the 3.5L EcoBoost (great engine) but closed the gap with some after market mods.

That being said, I absolutely love the RAM 1500. I’m early in the game but we’ll see how it works out.

GOOD LUCK!

camaro430sut

Reaction score
So every now and then the driver side speakers will cut out and I'll lose volume control. I need to turn the radio off and on to get the speakers and volume control back. I assume that's not normal

Tonywhats

Reaction score
So every now and then the driver side speakers will cut out and I'll lose volume control. I need to turn the radio off and on to get the speakers and volume control back. I assume that's not normal

That happens to me when using waze with android auto. The voice guidance become the primary sound and stays that way until I turn the radio on and off. My guess was it's an app issue with the AA which could be corrected with an update. It's annoying and not something I expected either the price tag of my truck.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Jim L

Reaction score
Had a 2012 silverado that was awsome but got my 2020 ram in October and so far love it and look for excuses to drive it!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To say that other trucks are inferior or that the Ram is better than all is just a moronic statement. It's a nice truck. Do other trucks do some things better, yes. Some worse, of course. One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is Jap trucks do suck.

I've had the truck for an hour, one thing I've noticed is that I cant seem to find a comfortable seating position vs my Denali. The seat puts pressure on my upper back.

No, I don't think we'll all agree on that. I drove Nissan Titans for 15 years before I bought the Ram. Before that Frontiers and Hardbodies for the previous 10. Chevy and GMC trucks before that. My Nissans were great trucks. Worked hard and started every morning, never left me on the side of the road.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Money is not an issue, the fact that every other manufacturer offers this service for free is.

:ROFLMAO: Nobody gives you anything for free. I guarantee GM made up the money somewhere when you bought the truck. Maybe part of the reason Rams cost less is because they make you buy the service instead of including it for "free". Who knows? For me, I can't picture any scenario in which I went away mad and just bought a different vehicle than what I wanted because some option that was important to me was "free" on another vehicle, especially when the total amount of money is maybe 2% of the cost of the vehicle.

Now, if you don't like the Ram and would rather have the GM, since the GM doesn't really thrill you but you get free car starting, you should definitely buy the GM.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's especially pricey when you consider it doesn't work 90% of the time.
BS on that statement. Mine, as one example, has worked flawlessly since day one. Why do you want to exaggerate? I doubt that has been your experience or we would have seen more posts from you on the subject, given your propensity to post on here.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BS on that statement. Mine, as one example, has worked flawlessly since day one. Why do you want to exaggerate? I doubt that has been your experience or we would have seen more posts from you on the subject, given your propensity to post on here.

Totally agree, mine has also worked flawlessly and works exactly the same as onstar did on my previous caddies.

CKSlack

Reaction score
Love my new Ram. Superior to everything else I looked at to buy. Everything works great no issues at 2,700 miles. I have the Application to start the vehicle but never use it. Instead I just use the key fob. Can't imagine this is a deal breaker for anyone but "to each his own" I guess.
I've only had mine for 5 days so far but the Uconnect App to start the truck from my office works great. Love the fact that if I may have forgotten to lock my truck it will also lock or unlock using the app too. And last but not least one of the best features is to enter the location I want to go to on the Uconnect Smartphone App and send it to the truck... hop in and you are prompted to go to the address … Great features and I can see myself using these a lot.

Best of luck to all

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get the Ram and don't look back.

Over 18 months ago I ordered mine and no complaints. Came from a 16 F150 and before that was a 14 F150. The Guardian app is slow. Fords app was instant.

Let the year trial expire, they'll quickly offer it to you for $60/6 months. At that price it's tolerable, Ford is free for 5 years.... but the Ram is a hands down, much better truck. I looked at the GM twins but very lackluster in comparison.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Mine works about 10% of the time. If I send the command twice, it'll work about 80% of the time. When it does work, it takes forever for the command to be executed. I'm one of hundreds complaining of this. I've posted about it. You can "call BS" all you want, but the fact is...this system is wonky and has been since it was created...and, they've done about nothing to correct it other than admit there are issues and pretend there's a software update coming.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works about 10% of the time. If I send the command twice, it'll work about 80% of the time. When it does work, it takes forever for the command to be executed. I'm one of hundreds complaining of this. I've posted about it. You can "call BS" all you want, but the fact is...this system is wonky and has been since it was created...and, they've done about nothing to correct it other than admit there are issues and pretend there's a software update coming.

Mine worked great until the year free trial expired and I renewed. Took doing a "personal data reset" to get it back up and running. Still has a response lag, but that's the system. Ford Pass was as fast as the keyfob.

Might be worth trying the data reset... mine works 95% of the time on the first try.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Totally agree, mine has also worked flawlessly and works exactly the same as onstar did on my previous caddies.
Now that...I'll call BS on. Provide a video, showing your app working as fast as Onstar or Ford PASS for all to view. Even the dealers told me, presale, that this system was very slow.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Mine worked great until the year free trial expired and I renewed. Took doing a "personal data reset" to get it back up and running. Still has a response lag, but that's the system. Ford Pass was as fast as the keyfob.
So without the $25/month Sirius Guardian subscription the app is worthless? Just trying to be clear.

Thanks

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guess I am pretty dumb, but the way I see it, if mine and others work flawlessly, then you do either have a problem with your truck or maybe.....just maybe it is your phone or wireless service. Just saying...and still your comment was BS, because you implied everything about the Uconnect was 90% flawed, not just the one issue you are having.

Users who are viewing this thread