5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of issues reported, curious who’s had no issues, major ones anyway?

Kob0583

Reaction score
Just curious who’s had little to no issue with their RAM so far. Most vehicles have some issues but barring the minor who’s out there with little to no issues with their truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been perfect. I had the brake pedal and battery terminal recalls. My only sort-of complaint is that it sometimes take a while for the trucks GPS to get a fix so navigation with CarPlay shows correct location. (About to upgrade to 12” nav, so that won’t be an issue any longer. )

Extole

Reaction score
Mine has been perfect. I had the brake pedal and battery terminal recalls. My only sort-of complaint is that it sometimes take a while for the trucks GPS to get a fix so navigation with CarPlay shows correct location. (About to upgrade to 12” nav, so that won’t be an issue any longer. )
you can upgrade the nav? Or you buying whole brand new truck?

Baron74

Reaction score
Just curious who’s had little to no issue with their RAM so far. Most vehicles have some issues but barring the minor who’s out there with little to no issues with their truck.

Had a whining sound that turned out to be the tensioners of the serpentine belt. No major issues at all. Truck was assembled in June 2019.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had no issues so far. Had a clunking sound but seems to have gone away and truck drives great so who knows. Had brake pedal recall done and one other recall that I don't remember.

I should have mentioned I'm at almost 7k miles.

Last edited:

Konrad

Reaction score
No issues at all. Bought used 10 months old / 14k miles from Enterprise Rent-A-Car (!) Like new condition. BigHorn QC Hemi eTorque, L2 Equipment package. I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
22k miles, regular service, one issue with USB's when I purchased the truck but service resolved that a year ago. Decided mines good, so I installed a Pulsar today to change things up a bit.

rah6887

Reaction score
Zero issues here, bought new in September, but it only has 1700 miles on it.
I need to get out more.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only issue I’ve had is the TSB for the front sway bar. Purchased end of August and just turned 1,300 miles. Now my wife has lots of complaints since I can’t stop spending money on adding stuff, can’t wait till I tell her about the lift and new wheels I need.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I ordered a loaded Longhorn early (May ‘18), and when I took delivery (September’18) it was the first in the area with all of the options (eTorque, RamBox, etc.). So I knew I was taking risks with reliability.

That said, my issues have been minor. My rear seats didn’t recline (which took too many visits to fix), my truck has has had a few minor recalls (no big deal to address), and I have a bit of rear brake squeal when hot (the TSB was performed but didn’t fix it).

Overall, I have to say it’s been pretty solid, given the sheer complexity of the vehicle. I’m also pleased that I’ve experienced zero issues with the drivetrain, as this would cause greater concern.

NewToRAM

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with mine that aren't common to all 5th Gens - 12" screen various glitches, the tow mirror fiasco, the tilting feature in reverse tilts too far (design programming issue) and acts like the gears are stripped when trying to return to the normal position. Solution for that was disabling the feature. The automatic reverse braking system slams the brakes on in reverse for no apparent reason so I had to disable that "feature" too. And lastly, rotten highway MPG 15.x to 17.x with 90% highway driving and 3.92 gears. Would I buy it again? Maybe. In my opinion and having owned trucks from all 3 major brands these trucks are loaded with tech that partially works. Having said this, the build quality is good, its solid with no squeaks or rattles, etc. And the ride and interior quality is second to no other truck currently.

MF2020

Reaction score
2020 Ram Limited all working as advertised. Truck is heads above the competition with regard to ride quality, interior refinement and various technical accoutrements that exceed what one typically finds in a truck. So far my experience has been excellent.

MattF

Reaction score
How can it be "perfect" with a couple of recalls? (It's not a dig at you at all) Mine has had multiple recalls and TSB's, issues ignored by FCA (air-conditioning, display themes, etc.) - I think it terrible quality for a $60,000 truck or car.

Matt

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How can it be "perfect" with a couple of recalls? (It's not a dig at you at all) Mine has had multiple recalls and TSB's, issues ignored by FCA (air-conditioning, display themes, etc.) - I think it terrible quality for a $60,000 truck or car.

Matt
Well, perfect after the recalls :p Having a recall or two is pretty much the normal for any model from any manufacturer, so I don’t even count them.

Raydar

Reaction score
Mine has been quite solid other than the wonky Uconnect system. Android Auto kind of works when it wants. Drops in and out. Quite strange. But since the Bluetooth works reliably, it's not a huge deal.
Turning off the truck and then restarting quickly tends to freak out the radio.
Sometimes it's like the Uconnect just does an etch-a-sketch thing, and forgets to label the station buttons, then it comes back when the mode is changed and then changed back. (8.4", base, no Nav.)
Gas mileage is not stellar, but I also have a heavy foot, so it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread