5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Door carrier plate for Dynamat

eithkrp1

Reaction score
I have figured out how to remove the door panels, but wanted to know if anyone has seen video or instructions on removing the door carrier plate, how to deal with the window, etc. so i can Dynamat the inside of the exterior door skin.

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I have figured out how to remove the door panels, but wanted to know if anyone has seen video or instructions on removing the door carrier plate, how to deal with the window, etc. so i can Dynamat the inside of the exterior door skin.
There is already material on there. Its a waste. You would be better off spending your time and money on a layer of closed cell between that panel and the interior panel.

eithkrp1

Reaction score
There is already material on there. Its a waste. You would be better off spending your time and money on a layer of closed cell between that panel and the interior panel.

I’ve looked through the speaker opening and didn’t see anything but bare metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Gigglez

Reaction score

Eh... Kinda agree on doing inside of door panel itself, I personally dynamatted my entire 19 limited . Front ,rear doors, pillars, rear cab panel , rear floor ... Its a night and day difference !!! You dont need to take the plastic door cover off on the inside, go over it all, trace out needed holes and cut , take speaker out and do the speaker pocket as well as the back of the speaker itself ( yes its a dumb idea and some purist will talk **** but oh well dont give a **** it sounds wayyyyyy better ) its an easy job and you will absolutely notice it

Jordan3206

Reaction score
I’ve looked through the speaker opening and didn’t see anything but bare metal.

Its painted ov
Eh... Kinda agree on doing inside of door panel itself, I personally dynamatted my entire 19 limited . Front ,rear doors, pillars, rear cab panel , rear floor ... Its a night and day difference !!! You dont need to take the plastic door cover off on the inside, go over it all, trace out needed holes and cut , take speaker out and do the speaker pocket as well as the back of the speaker itself ( yes its a dumb idea and some purist will talk **** but oh well dont give a **** it sounds wayyyyyy better ) its an easy job and you will absolutely notice it

I'm running 125W to 6x9 kappas in my front doors and get no rattles in the doors. Don't confuse sound deadening with vibration dampening. Different materials, different jobs. We might be on the same page as you dont talk about adding anything to the actual metal skin of the door.

eithkrp1

Reaction score
Did the full outer door metal in dynamat but didn’t get pic.

1483b5e69ed60a198044f100307084ea.jpg
95792785bcf220e5296c46fa2d93bcbf.jpg

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Does the inner door skin (plastic) come off with the 11 or 12 bolts? Id like to put dynamat on the inside (technically the outer metal door) and mass loaded vinyl between the inner door panels.

Chevytraitor

Reaction score
Does the inner door skin (plastic) come off with the 11 or 12 bolts? Id like to put dynamat on the inside (technically the outer metal door) and mass loaded vinyl between the inner door panels.
Did you ever figure this out

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a read in this thread, it shows you how to remove the carrier plate.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
It's a pain, but you can remove all the bolts and squeeze your arm in the bottom and the speaker holes to get sound deadening on. Shove a roll of paper towels between the carrier plate and door to hold it open while you shove your arm in there.

Just FYI, there is some factory deadening in there, just not full coverage like we all "think" we need.
e2cec3d7a81b76e6d6ed73f9ec8f1ed3.jpg
3849c5dc696b9137e244d72c4d38634a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread