5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12" Software revision 18.45.40 Issues listed - PLEASE BUMP and respond so I can get this sent to the right person(s) at FCA.

dsmonline

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Now I need to figure out how to get them to update my software. Appreciate the help.

You are welcome! I just got my sig done, so thank you for getting me off the dime and getting me to post my first after lurking for the last month.

JoshFink

Reaction score
Maybe this will help move FCA along: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a27634301/2019-ram-1500-reliability-maintenance/
@RamCares

For me and my one week of ownership so far (and I made sure the dealership updated to latest firmware before picking up the truck) I've had one glitch this morning where it played both the local radio station and my local audio book from my IPhone at the same time....could not get it to play just one source...so useless till I got to work.

What software version are you on if they updated before you picked it up?

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Picked up my truck a week ago, took photos of all the screens at the time. As you can see, I have software version 19.33.11 and with the limited time with the truck this last week, I do not have any of the various issues being posted by others. Could this be the infamous 4th Q update?

Build Date 11-07-2019
I hope, even thought I’m not sure if my issue would be fixed by an update. But I’d do anything to try.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picked up my truck a week ago, took photos of all the screens at the time. As you can see, I have software version 19.33.11 and with the limited time with the truck this last week, I do not have any of the various issues being posted by others. Could this be the infamous 4th Q update?

Build Date 11-07-2019
This has to be the elusive update. Thanks for posting

Geobound

Reaction score
Well I had that stupid radio problem too, where it would power on and off every minute or so. I took it to my dealer and complained, and within a week they got a replacement radio for me.

You would think I would be happy, but I'm not.

I went to set my home address in the Nave screen, only to notice that there is already a home address in there............for somebody who lives 3 provinces away. There is also their entire travel history too.

Then when I went to set my Sirius radio stations, I noticed that they were already set. And it not only has a female's favourites, but the second users favourite too!!

I paid big time dollars for my Limited ram, and am less than impressed that I got a used radio!!

Now on the plus side, it looks like my problems have been fixed...........well all except that when I put my truck in drive I don't get the forward camera view even though I've got it turned on in the settings??

Am I missing something with that?

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Well I had that stupid radio problem too, where it would power on and off every minute or so. I took it to my dealer and complained, and within a week they got a replacement radio for me.

You would think I would be happy, but I'm not.

I went to set my home address in the Nave screen, only to notice that there is already a home address in there............for somebody who lives 3 provinces away. There is also their entire travel history too.

Then when I went to set my Sirius radio stations, I noticed that they were already set. And it not only has a female's favourites, but the second users favourite too!!

I paid big time dollars for my Limited ram, and am less than impressed that I got a used radio!!

Now on the plus side, it looks like my problems have been fixed...........well all except that when I put my truck in drive I don't get the forward camera view even though I've got it turned on in the settings??

Am I missing something with that?
I’m taking my truck in Thursday for the same thing. Stinks that I have to wait and driving my truck is unbearable right now. It’s weird that so many people are having this issue would an update fix?
I also would be mad about the used screen, as soon as mine is fixed I’m done, trading mine in. I’ve had another issue that eventually fixed itself where my audio was all extremely high pitched and static after 3 days it did fix itself. If this is signs of what’s to come I don’t want any part of it.

FreeNC

Reaction score
I am having issues with my radio as well. It resets every few minutes, navigation is not working and front camera works sporadically. Dealership had it for 6 days and said it was fixed. It started resetting while still in there lot. They tried to order a new radio but Ram said wait for an update. I called Ram and was told the same. Terrible customer service. One issue after another with this truck and Ram never takes care of it like they should even under warranty. So frustrating!

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I am having issues with my radio as well. It resets every few minutes, navigation is not working and front camera works sporadically. Dealership had it for 6 days and said it was fixed. It started resetting while still in there lot. They tried to order a new radio but Ram said wait for an update. I called Ram and was told the same. Terrible customer service. One issue after another with this truck and Ram never takes care of it like they should even under warranty. So frustrating!
I picked my truck up today and the dealer says, yep the screen is shot, we put in for a new one with no response back yet from Ram. So we’ll let you know when they get back to us.

If they even say, wait for an update. I will file against the BBB and whatever I can for them selling a truck with this issue that has no resolution. You paid for a truck that has an included function and their best response is wait for an update, my mind is blown.
I wish you the best of luck and I will post back with what results I receive.

Last edited:

johnhud

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

jfcody3962

Reaction score
Add me to the list. 2020 Limited with 1100 miles. Screen only displays this, nothing else. Let the truck sit for 30 mins, no luck. Is there a reset procedure? I did some searching on here, did not see anything besides disconnecting the battery for 30 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 58

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I prefer CarPlay but my screen is actually rebooting completely. So everything shuts off and disconnects. So I cannot even keep my phone connected to Bluetooth because it drops every 3.5 to 4 min.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Add me to the list. 2020 Limited with 1100 miles. Screen only displays this, nothing else. Let the truck sit for 30 mins, no luck. Is there a reset procedure? I did some searching on here, did not see anything besides disconnecting the battery for 30 mins.
My 4/20/18 build will do this if I don’t let the screen fully load before putting in reverse but will come out of it turning the screen off/on a few times.

BOShaughnessy

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't see your question...
I continued pushing everyone possible (including commenting on all of Ram Trucks social media posts explaining my problems). They replaced my radio and all of my problems were immediately resolved.

Any luck or changes with yours? Mine is similar to yours except mine is constantly rebooting every 3.5 / 4 min too. Such a pain. So disappointed in this truck.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't see your question...
I continued pushing everyone possible (including commenting on all of Ram Trucks social media posts explaining my problems). They replaced my radio and all of my problems were immediately resolved.
Thank you, I’m not kidding sitting at the dealer as I type this. It’s been over two weeks now For the screen issues, with no answer or fix. I have been on the phone so many times, it’s ridiculous. Still no answer from Star engineers. Trying to get farther in The communication with upper management is a disaster.

Why I’m sitting at the dealership right now is because after I parked my truck on Friday, Saturday I did not run my truck and Sunday evening had a Christmas party with the In-Laws to go to and my truck wouldn’t start meanwhile I had a large gift to deliver but needed to ask a favor from someone else with a truck. Battery was dead, Now they are running tests to see if the battery is shot. I also started the process of them buying the truck back not that I expect that to go any where. I’m beyond frustrated. I’ve never had a company destroy my opinion of them like this.

Anyway, thank you for the update. And sorry for the rant.

mike12193

Reaction score
Well I had the Bluetooth audio dropout and was told by my service department that a upcoming software update will address that, that I understand. Now I have a nice little Christmas present from Ram. The radio now reboots every minute or so if it’s NOT connected to CarPlay. Amazing on a 70k truck. I will make a appointment after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
And my truck is going back to the dealer today, battery went dead over night again on Christmas. Still no fix for my screen issues (rebooting every 3.5 to 4 min, no gps lock) keep hearing star and the dealer are working together. This company is complete garbage. If it takes you 3 weeks to have the same answer for the consumer. Then maybe you should take my engineering marvel back RAM (Chrysler) I’m so beyond frustrated and so mad at myself for buying this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread