5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumper Plugs Available

cobradav

Reaction score
Sent PM this date for order of PRV (Delmonico Red),

Thanks
Mine arrived as promised, installed and look GREAT! Perfect match of Delmonico Red.

This is the second item that a forum member has offered up when no other source is available or item is available commercially but at an exorbitant price. Thanks for making these available.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
Received my plugs today for the Crystal Granite and they look great. Thanks for an easy transaction.

Attachments

• C0D78463-347F-45A0-BD03-A0E83014C83F.jpeg
    C0D78463-347F-45A0-BD03-A0E83014C83F.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 121

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received mine as well in Black Pearl and very happy with them and yes a very smooth transaction. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they drill these out instead of leaving it until a purchase is made and then doing it if required by state.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I received mine as well in Black Pearl and very happy with them and yes a very smooth transaction. I can’t for the life of me figure out why they drill these out instead of leaving it until a purchase is made and then doing it if required by state.

The robotic arm does it at the factory so everyone is the same, I sure wouldn't want some lackey at the dealership drilling into my bumper. Heck they sent it to the detail guy and I still found plastic coverings on different places on my truck and this guy does detailing for a living.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The robotic arm does it at the factory so everyone is the same, I sure wouldn't want some lackey at the dealership drilling into my bumper. Heck they sent it to the detail guy and I still found plastic coverings on different places on my truck and this guy does detailing for a living.
I guess living in a state where they’re not required makes me angry that they drill all of them. As for lackeys, they’re everywhere regardless.

Hambonehead

Reaction score
Many manufacturers put a small dimple where the holes are to be drilled if the license plate bracket is required. If it’s not they dimples are practically unnoticeable. Also makes it easy for the tech at the dealer to not mess up. Would have liked to have seen this on the Ram

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also looking for some chrome ones. Can you provide the details on what you bought from Lowes? Will run out and grab a pair ASAP.
Here is what you need and how it look after installed.

d73d2cc1c65dd73455e3a9739cfcb08b.jpg

barakutha

Reaction score
I’ll take a set in PAU.. I messaged ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Damion

Reaction score
I was going to get a set of these, but had a car back into he front corner of my truck. I had made some plugs from carriage bolts and wrapped the heads in white pearl vinyl. Body shop called me and asked if I wanted them to weld the holes up while they were working on the bumper anyway . So now I have a factory bumper with no holes or plugs, just smooth as glass....

Users who are viewing this thread