5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zone 6" lift

Maxram

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Zone lifts? I've been holding out to see what Superlift is going to offer but I'm getting tired of waiting and the Zone kit looks like pretty good deal when adding the fox shocks and UCA's.

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
sub'd.. I'm looking at the 6" lift with fox rears and zone UCA's.. looks to be about $2200 for the setup

Maxram

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correct, Zone is made by BDS. Not a bad lift at all.
Thanks! I may go ahead a pull the trigger. Freakin Superlift told me today its gonna be "sometime after the 1st of the new year". They told me dec 1st like 3 months ago. Not sure what the hell they're waiting for!

Maxram

Reaction score
Both have great warranties though and offer powertrain warranties through 560protection.. It's a free 10 year/ 100k mile warranty more info: https://560plus.com/
Awesome thanks! Now just gotta decide if I'm gonna drop an extra $900 for BDS over Zone lol. Would you happen to know the part # for 2.0 fronts? Or are they not available yet?

Toothninja

Reaction score
I have yet to see any 2.0 fronts out there. Only the 2.5 coil overs...at a pretty penny...around an extra $2K. I’m sure if you are going to jump dunes, then it’s well worth it. But if you are like me, mall crawling, then the coil overs would be a very expensive and unnecessary addition.

Maxram

Reaction score
I have yet to see any 2.0 fronts out there. Only the 2.5 coil overs...at a pretty penny...around an extra $2K. I’m sure if you are going to jump dunes, then it’s well worth it. But if you are like me, mall crawling, then the coil overs would be a very expensive and unnecessary addition.
Yea I don't want to go with coilovers, just front to match.

Toothninja

Reaction score

I completely understand. I’m getting my 6” BDS installed this week and am super excited. I’d like the front to have longer shocks as well, but was told otherwise...currently. I’ve gotten tired of waiting for “something” to come out.

Maxram

Reaction score
Which size tires and wheels will you be going with ?
I'll be running 20x12 -45 on 35 Ridge Grapps for winter (those are sitting in the garage) and 24x14 -81 on 37's for summer. Still not dead set on summer though, may step down to 22x14 with a 35.

Maxram

Reaction score

I completely understand. I’m getting my 6” BDS installed this week and am super excited. I’d like the front to have longer shocks as well, but was told otherwise...currently. I’ve gotten tired of waiting for “something” to come out.
Yea I'm going with BDS or Zone, just need to read thru the differences in warranty. It's been frustrating waiting for all the kits to come out and I know Superlift is likely waiting for the Blistien 5100's and front fox, that's what holding them up. And I'm sure if I wait till Jan they'll just say it'll be spring. So stupid! Truck of the year and aftermarket lags. But they drop Silverado stuff day after it comes out. I drove a few of those before buying this and wasn't impressed at all.

Maxram

Reaction score
Ya'll think it would be worth a gear swap? Running 3.21 right now.

clazer

Reaction score
Ya'll think it would be worth a gear swap? Running 3.21 right now.

Unless you’re really aggressive on the throttle, the 3.21 will be fine. Also I’m not sure if there is really a good source to get the front end gearing changed.

Maxram

Reaction score
Unless you’re really aggressive on the throttle, the 3.21 will be fine. Also I’m not sure if there is really a good source to get the front end gearing changed.
Good point! Yeah nothing on the front ugh

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes the aftermarket as well as Mopar has really dropped the ball and not in our favor either. It seems by the time good stuff rolls out for us for these trucks, we will be in 2021.

Toothninja

Reaction score
I’m planning on running 20x10 -18, with 37’s. No need for summer/winter here, because I’d be changing tires in the middle of the day at times! ;) Gotta love Texas!! I’ve got a pedal commander waiting too. Should help...hopefully tremendously! Trying to decide on speedometer calibrater...any suggestions?!?

Maxram

Reaction score
I’m planning on running 20x10 -18, with 37’s. No need for summer/winter here, because I’d be changing tires in the middle of the day at times! ;) Gotta love Texas!! I’ve got a pedal commander waiting too. Should help...hopefully tremendously! Trying to decide on speedometer calibrater...any suggestions?!?
I just put a PC on the other day. Have a Pulsar too. I've ran them both in performance mode +'d all the way out on the PC and it's pretty wild lol. Been running around today in economy mode on pulsar and performance + with it +'d out and it's great. Ran in performance + with it +'d out and in stock mode on pulsar too, just too see what PC is like by itself, and it's good. For the money vs fun factor they're both definitely worth it imo.

Maxram

Reaction score
And the Pulsar will do mph calibration.

Users who are viewing this thread