5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will these fit? 295/60r20 on 20x9 wheels

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey all, I know, another fitment thread, but I couldn't find any posts with this particular setup to reference. Looking at a set of 20x9 wheels in either +18 or -12 offset with 295/60r20 tires (Atturo Trailblade XT).

I have a Limited w/off-road group and air suspension. Hoping there aren't any rubbing or fitment issues esp in entry/exit mode - not looking to do any trimming or modifying. Hoping someone can chime in - thanks!

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
I have 295/60r20's but with the revel links on a 20x9 rim with zero offset. You have the off road group so your eyes lifted 1 inch already. I'll bet they fit. I have plenty of space all the way around but again, I have the revel links.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 275

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I have 295/60r20's but with the revel links on a 20x9 rim with zero offset. You have the off road group so your eyes lifted 1 inch already. I'll bet they fit. I have plenty of space all the way around but again, I have the revel links.

Bay Area, how much additional clearance are the links giving you over stock? Trying to figure out the actual delta between your setup and my proposed; leaning towards a +19mm (just like stock) but that would be ~3/4" further inwards (vs your setup) on a tire that's ultimately ~0.8" wider overall.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Bay Area, how much additional clearance are the links giving you over stock? Trying to figure out the actual delta between your setup and my proposed; leaning towards a +19mm (just like stock) but that would be ~3/4" further inwards (vs your setup) on a tire that's ultimately ~0.8" wider overall.
I got at least an 1 1/2" over stock. Your height won't be the issue but if your leaning toward a +19mm you might rub on turns. I have a ton of clearance but I also went with a zero offset. Tough call....

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I got at least an 1 1/2" over stock. Your height won't be the issue but if your leaning toward a +19mm you might rub on turns. I have a ton of clearance but I also went with a zero offset. Tough call....

Thx for the update...after thinking it over a bit more I think I’ve decided to go with -12 w/the 295’s instead of +19 (which would likely require spacers). If my math is right that would result in ~1.25” push outwards with the tire only gaining ~0.8” of width netting a delta of ~1/2” further away from the inner suspension components vs stock...I hope. There’s a 2019 in the custom offsets gallery running this exact setup w/factory air ride reporting no rub so my fingers are crossed. Do you rub in entry/exit mode? I sometimes have to drive slowly in this mode to fit in parking garages.

Niu45

Reaction score
I just put 295/60/20 Ridge Grappler on 20x9 -12 xd’s. Have limited w/air suspension but no ORG. At full lock it rubs on the front mudflaps and a bit on the lower inner liner. I will be doing some trimming but overall very happy with setup. I can get pics if you would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I just put 295/60/20 Ridge Grappler on 20x9 -12 xd’s. Have limited w/air suspension but no ORG. At full lock it rubs on the front mudflaps and a bit on the lower inner liner. I will be doing some trimming but overall very happy with setup. I can get pics if you would like.

Pics would be great. My wheels and tires came in, yesterday and just waiting for my TPMS sensors before I get everything mounted onto the truck. would love to know what I might have to get into beforehand - hopefully I won’t have any rubbing issues but fingers crossed.

eithkrp1

Reaction score
Did you go from the limited 22's to this wheel/tire setup? I have the 2020 Limited and am considering going to 20's. How did the ride compare?

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Did you go from the limited 22's to this wheel/tire setup? I have the 2020 Limited and am considering going to 20's. How did the ride compare?
Yes. Went from 22's to this setup and the ride is WAY better. With the 22's there was minimal sidewall and it looked like a street truck. Now it actually has some sidewall and looks like a truck. And the ride is not as firm as with the 22's but still as planted if that makes sense. No regrets at all.

jsugrad98

Reaction score
Rough Country 3.5, Cooper 295/60/20 A/T3 XLTs, 20x9 Moto Metal MO982 AMP (0 offset).
48ecf9c6faa297bf601fa5ff3e812008.jpg
fabffc915546a07c43f98ffe36a0958f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread