5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing UCA's question.

RVC

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my UCAs with either readylift or Mopar. Already have the Motofab 2.5 on my Rebel using the stock UCAs with no problems, but I want the piece of mind. Do I have to take everything apart, ie remove the strut or can I just take the old UCA out and put the new one in without taking everything apart? Thanks.

jabara572

Reaction score
Yes, in theory you should be able to remove just the UCA. You may need to unbolt the bottom of the strut from the lower arm to allow enough clearance to get it out. Im not sure how easy it will be to get it all lined back up with the spring/strut still bolted in.

Try it out, worst case scenario you'll have to take a few more things apart.

tobyw

Reaction score
Just helped a buddy do this last night. Did not have to remove anything but the tire/wheel. We did one side at a time. Used a floor jack right under the lower strut mount, picked the tire up about 1" off the ground, removed the tire/wheel, removed the upper ball joint nut, knocked the ball joint out of the taper on the knuckle, and then removed the (2) bolts that hold the UCA to the frame. Slapped in the new UCA in the reverse order. Rinse and repeat for the other side. Took less than 15 minutes per side.

RVC

Reaction score
Just helped a buddy do this last night. Did not have to remove anything but the tire/wheel. We did one side at a time. Used a floor jack right under the lower strut mount, picked the tire up about 1" off the ground, removed the tire/wheel, removed the upper ball joint nut, knocked the ball joint out of the taper on the knuckle, and then removed the (2) bolts that hold the UCA to the frame. Slapped in the new UCA in the reverse order. Rinse and repeat for the other side. Took less than 15 minutes per side.
Thanks brother, considering this is a new truck and suspension components are not worn, will an alignment be necessary?

tobyw

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the MOPAR UCA's, but we noticed a visible camber difference between the OEM and the ReadyLift UCA, so I would probably recommend it?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks brother, considering this is a new truck and suspension components are not worn, will an alignment be necessary?

Definitely do the alignment. Too cheap to not IMO to protect your investment. A friend of mine and I installed my RL kit. After install, I had it aligned, it wasn’t off much but I’m glad I did it as I had new tires installed the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread