5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Themes not working

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is still doing this. Checked the connect update website and nothing available.

spinxt

Reaction score
My cluster reverts back too...it seems related to remote start. If I don’t remote start, it stays as set, as soon as I remote start, it reverts back to default

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All, may want to try and set a screen theme and see how long it lasts on your cluster. I set mine the other day just to check and it hadn’t turned back to default for 2 days. Will update if it goes back eventually.

Blueline308

Reaction score
Could the screen theme changing be related to which key fob is being used? I know some settings follow the fob so that the truck knows who is driving and sets their preferences. Just a thought.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could the screen theme changing be related to which key fob is being used? I know some settings follow the fob so that the truck knows who is driving and sets their preferences. Just a thought.
Lots of people with different theories and experiences. Could be a number of things and be different combinations for different people as no one knows what the glitch is or what sets it off. The longest my theme stayed was 2 days before the instrument cluster reverted back to THEME 1.

FCA knows it's an issue and has been promising an update since I bought the truck back in March. Every quarter they say it will be out by the end of next quarter. At some point there will be enough people asking about the update that they'll finally make it. With almost a year and a half since the "all-new" truck hit the market there's got to be a lot of people bugging their dealers about this and it's not going to get any smaller.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All, may want to try and set a screen theme and see how long it lasts on your cluster. I set mine the other day just to check and it hadn’t turned back to default for 2 days. Will update if it goes back eventually.
Update, after 2 full days my finally went back to default.

Rick3019

Reaction score
Not only do I have this problem there is another problem with remote start if you remote start after 40 minutes there is no audible sound from your back up sensors It seems to be connected with the battery saver because if I leave my door open too long the cluster will revert back to factory Default I have a an appointment with the dealer next week to show them the video I have of no audible sound from back up/forward sensors after remote start

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not only do I have this problem there is another problem with remote start if you remote start after 40 minutes there is no audible sound from your back up sensors It seems to be connected with the battery saver because if I leave my door open too long the cluster will revert back to factory Default I have a an appointment with the dealer next week to show them the video I have of no audible sound from back up/forward sensors after remote start

Hi Rick,

I regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your remote start. If it would be of interest, we would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you address this with your dealer. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Rick3019

Reaction score
Hi Rick,

I regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your remote start. If it would be of interest, we would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you address this with your dealer. Our team is just a PM away.

Mark
RamCares
How do I get to PM because I’ve had several phone calls with Uconnect /ram cares /dealership and this is been going on for over a year now. I’m not the kind of person to go to a lawyer but you’re leaving me no choice

Rick3019

Reaction score
This morning I went out and open drivers door and then close drivers door remote started and then theme color stayed the same later in the day I unlock the truck with remote and then locked back up then remote started theme color stay the same my hunch is the battery saver module is not awakened during normal remote start

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I changed mine before I went to work yesterday, then remote started it with the app after I got off and the theme had switched back.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like the issue is related to remote start for me as well. It doesnt revert back until i use the remote start from what ive noticed.

MattF

Reaction score
Seems like the issue is related to remote start for me as well. It doesnt revert back until i use the remote start from what ive noticed.

I don't use remote start and mine reverts back within a day....

Matt

pitboss000

Reaction score
I don't use remote start and mine reverts back within a day....

Matt
For me:

Remote start - changes every time. No remote start - generally every other start up. Longest it has lasted is 2 days. Minor issue in the grand scheme of things I know, but so darn annoying! My number 2 complaint next to no voice texting. Even more annoying is the promised software update that never comes.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me:

Remote start - changes every time. No remote start - generally every other start up. Longest it has lasted is 2 days. Minor issue in the grand scheme of things I know, but so darn annoying! My number 2 complaint next to no voice texting. Even more annoying is the promised software update that never comes.
For my truck, to send voice text, I have to hold the voice command button down a few seconds, truck accesses my Siri, then I can command it to text whomever.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do I get to PM because I’ve had several phone calls with Uconnect /ram cares /dealership and this is been going on for over a year now. I’m not the kind of person to go to a lawyer but you’re leaving me no choice

Hi Rick3019,

I sincerely regret to hear of the frustration associated with your situation. Please know that you may send us a PM by hovering your mouse over our picture icon and selecting the 'Start Conversation' button. Hope to hear from you soon.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread