5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walk-away locking?

Cortesio

Reaction score
It doesn't exist. I just came from another dealer here where we looked at 5 new trucks in all levels of trim. None have this ability currently.

Get the 12” screen in the truck and it’ll light up your world when you turn the truck off. No interior lights needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamH2500

Reaction score
back to OP land.

we could make an aftermarket power off+x seconds mod with off the shelf component electronics. is it worth it? when I say is it worth it I mean how many folks would actually take it up if we fabbed up a project kit and code/wiring diagram?
How lets do it

RamH2500

Reaction score
No need to make anything. A couple lines of code would suffice. That's the beauty of a software defined system...you just add in what you need when you need it. If they would open the API or offer an SDK the aftermarket would very quickly fix all the bugs and offer additional, useful features which many would gladly pay for.
How and lets do it I've got a lot of people involved

Users who are viewing this thread