5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much did you get for your 5th Gen. Trade In or Sale?

Bdhays63

Reaction score
Even if you had the MSRP and price paid for your trade in we would still need to know the MSRP and price paid for the New vehicle. Dealers inflate trade values all the time but then don’t give as much of a discounts-dealer cash etc on the new vehicle. Or they do the opposite by giving Black Book wholesale price for the trade in but knock $15k off the new vehicle. Without that info it would be hard to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What complicates things even more is the other side of the equation which is the “trade-in”. A dealer might inflate the trade in price to make you feel better if they are getting enough money on the other side of their deal. So I think what you need to do a true apples to apples would be to know original msrp of a particular model/trim/options/mileage and what that resells for in the open market, either by private party or by dealer. At least then you know what the “average person” is willing to pay, which is to say how demand is affecting price. That’s how you control for intrinsic market value by removing dealer profit, on both a new sale and the trade-in, because different dealers will settle for different margins and the sellers negotiating skills will also come into play.

TulsaRam

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited $68350.00
Cash Price $48227.00

Traded 2017 Ram Bighorn with 7800 miles

2017 Ram Bighorn $50910.00
Cash Price $35790.00
Trade In $ $28500.00

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
While the info might be nice, I doubt there will be many documented” posts, at least with the accuracy that DD talked about. Then there’s the “grain of salt” we have to have to take the numbers at face value.
I also wonder if a guy lemon laws his truck or has an otherwise bad maintenance experience, if he will accept less or be offered less in order to get out of it. Just my take, feel free to delete it.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited $68350.00
Cash Price $48227.00

Traded 2017 Ram Bighorn with 7800 miles

2017 Ram Bighorn $50910.00
Cash Price $35790.00
Trade In $ $28500.00
You saying you got $20,000 off list on a 68K truck? That's 30%. I find that hard to believe as well as your trade value numbers. Post up your buyer's order.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
2019 Laramie 4x4 ofr pkg with sport app. level 1 MSRP $54637 purchased price was $44500 Oct 2019 trade it in after accident 19K for $32000 purchased Used 19 Ram Limited 4x4 with RamBox and got to swap my sport hood with the limited hood 19k miles purchased for $42500 MSRP was 68939

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
You saying you got $20,000 off list on a 68K truck? That's 30%. I find that hard to believe as well as your trade value numbers. Post up your buyer's order.
Why would he come here and make that up? Then you are telling him to post his Buyer’s Order? I bought my Laramie for about 25% off sticker in August, I know the Summer deals were even better. You’re out of line, why don’t you just go ahead and call him a liar too.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Why would he come here and make that up? Then you are telling him to post his Buyer’s Order? I bought my Laramie for about 25% off sticker in August, I know the Summer deals were even better. You’re out of line, why don’t you just go ahead and call him a liar too.
First day on the internet?

Forums are full of people making up what a great deal they got in an effort to appear better, smarter, whatever. I don't think you got the deal you said, either.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
First day on the internet?

Forums are full of people making up what a great deal they got in an effort to appear better, smarter, whatever. I don't think you got the deal you said, either.
Okay...
Sticker price $54,990
Price after rebate $40,687
Sales Tax $3398
Price OTD $44,109
After redoing the math, that’s actually 27% off before sales tax ...thanks for bringing that to my attention!
There ya go!

Attachments

• B00B7F9A-3E7A-482E-BFAD-D02125559EB6.jpeg
    B00B7F9A-3E7A-482E-BFAD-D02125559EB6.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 49
  • FA086EB3-8E66-4BD0-9493-46CB5F3E2FE5.jpeg
    FA086EB3-8E66-4BD0-9493-46CB5F3E2FE5.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 45
  • F8BB80C6-BEFB-4883-B7EA-920FF1BAD541.jpeg
    F8BB80C6-BEFB-4883-B7EA-920FF1BAD541.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Okay...
Sticker price $54,990
Price after rebate $40,687
Sales Tax $3398
Price OTD $44,109
After redoing the math, that’s actually 27% off before sales tax ...thanks for bringing that to my attention!
There ya go!
26.1% is *very* strong for sure. Congrats!

Snakes709

Reaction score
Bought my 2019 Ram 1500 sport, 3 months later traded it in for my 2019 GMC Sierra AT4. Got $49,000cdn for my Ram. Not to bad with 15,500kms on it.

TulsaRam

Reaction score
Thank you.
Yes, that is what I am saying. It was a June deal. Here is the internet ad...I'm not posting my buyers order to prove myself to an internet bully.
Inkeduntitled_LI.jpg
So since I've proven you wrong on that, I guess you will just have to take my word on the trade in. Now **** off, I have better things to do than have my integrity questioned by you on the internet.

Last edited:

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Thank you.

Yes, that is what I am saying. It was a June deal. Here is the internet ad...I'm not posting my buyers order to prove myself to an internet bully.
View attachment 40637
So since I've proven you wrong on that, I guess you will just have to take my word on the trade in. Now **** off, I have better things to do than have my integrity questioned by you on the internet.
Tulsa, please don’t take to much offense from the individual that seemed to call you out, Iamtheav8r said:

It seems this may be the same person who drives a Honda Ridgeline and posted this thread on the forum “Drove a 2020 tonight for an hour or so.” Drove 30 miles and gave a somewhat critical review.

Perhaps when he purchases his new Ram 1500 and trades in his Honda, he will post all his paperwork for you to see?

TulsaRam

Reaction score
Tulsa, please don’t take to much offense from the individual that seemed to call you out, Iamtheav8r said:

It seems this may be the same person who drives a Honda Ridgeline and posted this thread on the forum “Drove a 2020 tonight for an hour or so.” Drove 30 miles and gave a somewhat critical review.

Perhaps when he purchases his new Ram 1500 and trades in his Honda, he will post all his paperwork for you to see?

Thanks brother, I just don't like bullies. I was very specific in my numbers to show that they were real, most people who make up stuff tend to round up. Maybe you have to actually be a RAM owner to appreciate it.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Thank you.

View attachment 40637
I asked, nicely. No bullying present. You can assume about me what you like, but that says more about you than it does about me. In the field of Psychology, that's known as "Projection" and it's very common with digital modes of communication as human brains need to make inanimate things (like digital communication) more human. It's a flaw that causes a lot of grief, more so for those who perform it than those who receive it.

Have a good holiday and think about this. Everyone is guilty of it.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score

Sure. Why not? I have nothing to hide. We're at 27500 for my 2017 RTL-E traded on a $72000.00 Laramie Longhorn that has an EP of $62843.00 Add sales tax on the difference (that's how it works in NY) then subtract $500 rebate, $500 for taking the 36 month 0% Chrysler financing, $500 Sam's club rebate and hopefully $250 for the Allstate rebate thingy. I believe there was approximately $300 in fees from the dealer and DMV. I told them if they'll get me to $37500 difference, OTD, I'd pick it up today.

If they accept and I drive it home, I'll post images of my buyer's order for all to see.

gencon

Reaction score
That may be me soon if I keep having to take my truck to the dealer on a weekly basis. Been there weekly for the last three or four weeks. Currently in for not being able to be in anything except 2WD (errors out when trying to shift to 4WD Auto or 4WD High), and the usual USB ports not working (again). Very frustrating. Never had a vehicle in the shop so often. Ever.
I have had a Ram 1500 Limited for one year, 20,000 miles. It spends at least 3 to 4 days a month in the dealership. The majority of the issues have been electronics, i.e., tilting mirror issues, door control module issues, gps still not searching online, radio issues, headlight issues. I also had the rear brake issues, front brake issues, AC not staying cold. Now, it has to have front hubs and bearings replaced. Another new issue is that the shift knob has to be turned with no up or down pressure. If you, in the slightest, try to shift and have any pressure on the knob ( as little as your finger making it go slightly down, it won't turn.

Tired of less than stellar reliability. Love the ride, love the performance. I originally traded a 2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn with 30,000 miles and tranny issues for the 2019. Got it for $52,500 (MSRP $67,000), hoping to get $40,000 on trade in. Going to leave the Ram

AbitaPro

Reaction score
I have had a Ram 1500 Limited for one year, 20,000 miles. It spends at least 3 to 4 days a month in the dealership. The majority of the issues have been electronics, i.e., tilting mirror issues, door control module issues, gps still not searching online, radio issues, headlight issues. I also had the rear brake issues, front brake issues, AC not staying cold. Now, it has to have front hubs and bearings replaced. Another new issue is that the shift knob has to be turned with no up or down pressure. If you, in the slightest, try to shift and have any pressure on the knob ( as little as your finger making it go slightly down, it won't turn.

Tired of less than stellar reliability. Love the ride, love the performance. I originally traded a 2017 Ram 2500 Longhorn with 30,000 miles and tranny issues for the 2019. Got it for $52,500 (MSRP $67,000), hoping to get $40,000 on trade in. Going to leave the Ram
Hello Gencon - even a Lemon Tree has a bad Lemon every once in awhile. But honestly, your troubles sound as though your having a root canal done every month! No way most people could handle that, kudos to you! It’s almost December and sounds like a new ride should be in your future.

Best wishes your next vehicle whatever that may be is trouble free.

Users who are viewing this thread