5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Box not getting its due?

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was going to suggest. They should be hinged at the top so that you didn't need free access to the bed rails. Then you could have a cap and the boxes at the same time.

I didn't get them for two reasons:

1. They would interfere with my truck cap, which I was pretty sure I was going to get (and did end up getting),
2. The guy that does all my house inspections had them and showed me how, if you use them for working (like I use my truck) the side of the bed ends up all scratched up in no time from dragging tools, cables, etc in and out of them in front of the bed.

I didn't know anything about warping or quality control - all I knew is that it is a great idea but needs a little more fleshing out. It might look a little odd but I'd like to see Ram boxes that just used the two small misshaped areas in front of/behind the wheel well, just to the height of the wheel well. That would leave the entirety of the width of the bed above the wheel wells and still give you some additional storage.
An alternative, if you can stand to lose ~12" of bed depth, are the Decked boxes:

Decked_Ram1500.jpg

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score

I added the Undercover Swing Case on my 4thGen. For me this was the perfect non "Rambox" bed box solution. I would have loved the rambox on either my 4th or 5th Gens it is just that the particular trucks I bit on didn't have it.

I will be adding one of these swing away cases for the new truck at some point. It is secure and easily removed when the space/tie down is needed and they fit under tonneau and camper tops.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I added the Undercover Swing Case on my 4thGen. For me this was the perfect non "Rambox" bed box solution. I would have loved the rambox on either my 4th or 5th Gens it is just that the particular trucks I bit on didn't have it.

I will be adding one of these swing away cases for the new truck at some point. It is secure and easily removed when the space/tie down is needed and they fit under tonneau and camper tops.
Thanks for the link, I had not seen those before, but they look like a good solution.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used to have to put groceries in the back and put the seat belt on them or buy enough stuff to keep the bags from falling over. Now, if I only get one bag, I just put it in the RAMBOX. I don't use them daily, but wanted them anyways - even with all the issues so I could play around with the lids myself. :)

1573867356254.png

Cravenfan

Reaction score
RamBox is one of the reasons I’m ready to make a switch. I had a Chevy Avalanche and loved putting my tow strap, tire chains, extra windshield wash, tools, whatever I wanted out of sight and ready for easy access. The new Limited is more like my old Avalanche than my Denali is.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RamBox is one of the reasons I’m ready to make a switch. I had a Chevy Avalanche and loved putting my tow strap, tire chains, extra windshield wash, tools, whatever I wanted out of sight and ready for easy access. The new Limited is more like my old Avalanche than my Denali is.
I still see a lot of Chevy Avalanche trucks here in SoCal. They're not my cup of tea in terms of styling, but I know they are so handy that once someone owns one, they don't want to let it go, odd styling or not.

Users who are viewing this thread