5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen DRL's - What's up?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my 16' Rebel the DRL's were the yellow turn signal when the light switch was off. For 2019 it's the upper and lower strips and the low beams.

Anyone know if the 19's can just have the lower strip or upper as the DRL?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can turn off DRL's in the UConnect settings and that will turn off the low-output headlights as DRL's. You will still have the upper and lower LED strips whenever the truck is running.
A few folks are looking at how to make those brighter so they can be standalone DRL's.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can turn off DRL's in the UConnect settings and that will turn off the low-output headlights as DRL's. You will still have the upper and lower LED strips whenever the truck is running.
A few folks are looking at how to make those brighter so they can be standalone DRL's.

Probably not gonna work on a Canadian truck. May work on US trucks.

stevier2987

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I want I just want the 2 led strips on and not the actual day time light... mak makes it stand so much more

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can find someone with Witech, should be able to turn them off for you

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can find someone with Witech, should be able to turn them off for you
Sadly I have a stubborn old fart as a Shop Forman (Hi Jerry!) and according to his guys, it's not something that they can just change... I argued that if the American owners have the reverse, then it should be possible. He denied that was the case and refused to try.

Other FCA techs on the forum have kind of agreed with him, that it's probably not something you can change via Witech.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a thought, as a Witech user I’ve had customers ask me to change settings on their jeeps. Wanted fog lights to work with brights on. Which was allowed in Canada not US and I was able to go in and to enable it. I didn’t but was nice to know I could. Just my 2 cents

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a thought, as a Witech user I’ve had customers ask me to change settings on their jeeps. Wanted fog lights to work with brights on. Which was allowed in Canada not US and I was able to go in and to enable it. I didn’t but was nice to know I could. Just my 2 cents
Would you be willing to investigate for the Canadian members that want just the upper and lower strip lights as DRL's when the dial is set to "off" position? I expect DRLs to be on using "auto" but "off" should at least turn the headlights off.

What do you think? I assume your ability to investigate would be easier with access to a truck with the issue?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir, I will do that.
Oddly, I’ve been busy for the winter season. Not complaining that’s for sure! So have t had much time to play with it on my truck.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir, I will do that.
Oddly, I’ve been busy for the winter season. Not complaining that’s for sure! So have t had much time to play with it on my truck.
That is mighty nice of you! Hopefully you can find answers for the DRL'S that I can pass on to my shop and get some satisfaction/validation!

Excellent news for the new year!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can change location in Witech then you should be able to select your market and see the corresponding options in Uconnect afterwards. I did this with an Audi I had and used VAGCOM or whatever it was called to tell the car I was in Germany so that my fog lights would operate independently from the headlights (fogs on with no headlights on).

Noubon125

Reaction score
On my 16' Rebel the DRL's were the yellow turn signal when the light switch was off. For 2019 it's the upper and lower strips and the low beams.

Anyone know if the 19's can just have the lower strip or upper as the DRL?
Same to me i chasing dealer services 3 times for this and they said the engineer said it is standard for CA cant turn off. It is dump why strip light and low beam same and it just only strip if you apply parking brakes. Turn out light knob is useless because low beam on all the time.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right... I just have to convince a shop foreman counting his days to retirement to pleeeeease change the location of my truck to USA... not going to happen, unless I make friends with one of the techs in the shop... not going to happen.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you can change location in Witech then you should be able to select your market and see the corresponding options in Uconnect afterwards. I did this with an Audi I had and used VAGCOM or whatever it was called to tell the car I was in Germany so that my fog lights would operate independently from the headlights (fogs on with no headlights on).
Correct, that’s what I found for the Jeep guys & will look in our trucks for.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
Right... I just have to convince a shop foreman counting his days to retirement to pleeeeease change the location of my truck to USA... not going to happen, unless I make friends with one of the techs in the shop... not going to happen.
Can you take a quick trip to a dealer in one of the northern states across the border to do this for you?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you take a quick trip to a dealer in one of the northern states across the border to do this for you?
I guess, if I could find one out of the blue that would be willing to do it. Once I have an answer from @Nails, I'll present that info to my dealer and any other local dealer that will humor my request. IF none of the locals are willing and we just happen to need to do some crossboarder shopping, that might be my only option!

Users who are viewing this thread